Posts by Bruiser19

No, he said "BD" which I assume he means the Blood Dragons. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

(to Preacher) I guess in the end, to me anyways, it´s just a game, a good game, and I don´t really care why things are the way they are. They just are. If you try to overanalyze the game too much, it loses the ability to provide entertainment and enjoyment. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

(to Preacher) That could be an explination. So you think they made jump holes for system to system travel, and then the hyper gates for the longer jumps? If they made hyper gates, why didn´t they just make jump gates as well? Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

(to Chess) I thought that as well too at first, but then when I started thinking about it, it didn´t make much sense. Why would there be two jump holes between 2 systems? A lot of them have a jump gate and a jump hole to use. I guess it´s still possible, but less likely. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

(to Puke) I know in Privateer and Righteous Fire, you could buy a tractor beam for like 7,500 credits. I think you´d have to attach it to one of the turrets, and then have to use it in turret mode, so it was a little more difficult to use, but you could have one. As far as the wrecks are concerned, some of them occur in radiation wells, so maybe the ship had problems on it´s own? And maybe some ships got destroyed because they were infringing on territory, and the people didn´t really care what they were carrying? Like I said before, you can rationalize almost anything, but it´s just a game, a game that is great, but could´ve been a whole lot better too. Me, I wish you could go back and do the race, and put down a bet, adn depending on the bet, you could bump, shoot, etc. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing. Edited by - Bruiser19 on 5/16/2005 6:45:11 AM

(to Darkstone) Even so, unless you´re making 100k+ credits for a mission, they aren´t worth the cost. You´ll never make any money. When I get to the higher levels, I carry both a Lancer launcher and a Cannonball launcher. I usually use the Lancers everywhere except Malta and Crete, and maybe Tau-37 and Omega 41/Omicron Theta. They´re great to have, but cost-prohibiting. Also, as far as tactics are concerned, fly straight towards him and shoot it right before both people break away. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

I usually use missles until I have certain guns,. because those guns coupled with an adv. debilitator turret equally pretty quick destuction. I do even use them sometimes if I´m vastly outnumbered and need to whittle them down quickly. I very much agree that missles should only be used against ships whose shields are down, but I don´t agree with using the Cannonballs. Sorry. The reason I disagree is because Cannonballs do around 5k of hull damage for 6k credits, but lancers do 2k hull damage for about 1k credits. So you can do about the same amount of damage with 2 Lancer missles, and save 4k credits. Granted, you could miss, it could get shot down, etc, but it´s a chance I´d rather take. Plus, buying cannonball missles can get quite expensive very quickly, unless you´re doing missions on Crete or Malta pretty much. Just my opinion, to each their own, of course. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

(to PrivFan) Well, in some ways it´s not an unfair advantage. Granted, you may have Classified or other guns, but usually when you´re fighting someone you´re at a disadvantage in numbers. But I also agree with the "It´s a game" comment. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

(to Puke) Well, not to give away a spoiler, so I´ll be careful, but in one of the mission movies, Juni makes a big deal about installing a tractor beam to your ship. Maybe tractor beams aren´t easy to come by? Or maybe the other ships have supposed modifications and end up having no cargo room. You could make up reasons till you´re blue in the face, there´s lots of things that they could´ve done better. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

Well, I believe some of them were found in the Sigma systems, and since Rhineland lost the War, none of the Houses probably can get to them, or want to bother trying, and most of the crimnals either don´t know they´re there or probably don´t care. I guess the GMG could get them, but they might nto care either. Just my opinion. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

(to Findlay) Did you mod the torpedoes to do that? I tried it and my torpedoes wouldn´t explodewhen I shot them. I´m pretty sure I was hitting them, since I was like 80 meters away. Just wondered, thanks. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

Also, I think I´ve read this somewhere on these forums, and it seems to be true in my experience, but you have a better chance fo picking up Nomad weapons in Omicron Alpha/Upper Unknown than in Omicran Gamma/Lower Unknown. Just my opinion. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

That´s why I don´t bother going to New London. I just go to the Battleship York in Leeds and buy the Bretonian Crusader. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

Well, if you never go far off the beaten path, and deep into the Edge worlds, than an Anubis is one of the better ships to have. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

Maybe it was meant to model real life in a way. No offense to anyone, but whenever something bad happens in the world, it´s usually the Americans who send help(granted, sometimes we probably create it too, but that´s another story entirely). So when FP7 got blown to dust, they sent help to get everybody back who was alive. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

From what I read somewhere, if I remember correctly, the optimal rating means if you equip the ship with all optimum level guns, you can fire for 30 seconds continuously before you drain your power. But if you´re a good shot, you shouldn´t have to worry about that. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

Sinclair was on Sprague. But she ad found the artifact before, and probably left when it was stolen, or when they couldn´t find anything else. Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.

I just wish there was someway if you transported enough MOX they actually blew up their target. That´d be cool (Not because they blew up something with the weapon, just because the game could support that kind of interaction). Trent: It´s not the time, it´s the sides that keep changing.