Posts by Zyco

This is a bit out there, but I have an idea. Not for mods or forums, at least, not for the games currently moded on this site. Just an idea of another game that this site could start modding. If we found a way to mod the game "Diablo II"<(c) Blizzard Inc.(?)> it would attract an entirely new group of people to the site, with even more input and outrageous ideas for everyone to try or consider. Please reply when you get a chance Oh, and another game to consider adding would be Neverwinter nights (sorry, don´t remember who made it at the moment.) both of these are excellent games, that could be made much more fun with modding. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: "How can she do that?" Jack: "Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets." Hammond stares blankly. "They do look like horses." Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) >>ZYCO<< Edited by - zyco on 2/3/2005 9:27:37 AM

<A href=´http://hometown.aol.com/neozyco/myhomepage/profile.html´ Target=_Blank>´O´Neill´ Class Asgard Mothership(stargate sg-1)</a> This is my homepage...which has a picture of a model of the ship that I made...it isn´t textured...and isn´t all that great...but my trial milkshape version ran out...so unless someone has a way to get around that for me...I can´t continue working on the model...I´ll try to find a better picture...I think it´d be really cool to see some of these ships flying around the FL universe. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) &gt;&gt;ZYCO&lt;&lt;

If you did manage to make one of the mines that kills me so often(lol) that would be sweet...except the getting away in time...you´d want to set some sort of time delay for it´s activation... Also...for the remote mine....I think the best way to set it off would be to use a missle with infinite ammo...that like shoots a missle that does just enough damage...and has a small enough radius to just make the mine explode...i don´t know if that would work...you could set the speed of the missle really high, as well as the turn radius, so it gets to the mine almost instantaniously ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) &gt;&gt;ZYCO&lt;&lt;

Ok...I may not be too helpful...and know nothing about modeling...largely because my milkshape trial ran out...(dang...(sigh))...(and if anyone wants a base for an &quot;´O´Neill´ Class Asgard Mothership(from stargate sg-1), I have a model...I have one...just email me at zyco_twd@yahoo.com and I´ll send you the milkshape file...and I might have the fl file too...It´s not textured or anything yet though...) Anyways back to the reason I wrote this...the model of fox...couldn´t you edit the base model for all the pilots? true all of them would appear as fox...but who really wants the image of their pilot to change along with their ship anyways? yes...I´m sure we´ll all be wearing costumes while flying in space (eye roll)...I´ll stop now...cause this seems to be edging on...pointless writing......yeah.... &gt;&gt;Zyco&lt;&lt; EDIT: lol at what you said Ryuujin Edited by - zyco on 7/20/2004 5:42:30 AM

there is one...but it doesn´t work like you would expect. cause it doesn´t auto-center, meaning that you have to manually correct the centering using the joystick...this can get very annoying...and is not something you want to toy around with in the middle of combat. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) &gt;&gt;ZYCO&lt;&lt;

Well done. This is one of the ships I´ve been wanting to see in freelancer for awhile now. You should tell us all when it´s done! ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) &gt;&gt;ZYCO&lt;&lt;

first...that link took me to the milkshape exporter...not the utf editor... Also...What do you use to edit the tga files? is there anything free you can edit it/them with? ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) &gt;&gt;ZYCO&lt;&lt; Edited by - zyco on 7/7/2004 8:41:58 PM

Personally I think that cockpit view is the best view to use when going that fast as it is. Mainly because it´s easier to judge distance and figure out if you´ll miss or hit an object or target waypoint. But maybe that´s just me.... ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) &gt;&gt;ZYCO&lt;&lt;

Ok...I don´t know if you´ve already thought of some of the ones I´m going to say..but here they are anyways; Soviets(soviet spys, soviet trade union...stuff like that...) Allied Forces some that may be controvertial(sp?) Gestopo(sp?) Nazi(s) umm....that´s all I can think of...I´ll post if I come up with more later. &gt;&gt;Zyco&lt;&lt; ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) &gt;&gt;ZYCO&lt;&lt;

K, I´m writting this much later then the rest of y´all were in here...but personally...I think it really depends on the class of ship. If it´s something small like a fighter, which usually don´t have turrets as it is, then first person is better. If you´re in a freighter(or if using mods with even larger ships), than third person allows you to use turret few and hit things more rapidly. The only time I use third is to look around, or when I´m in a fight and I´m in a freighter or larger class ship. ---------------------------------------------------------------------- Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) &gt;&gt;ZYCO&lt;&lt;

I meant to ask; For the model, does the size of it affect the size it appears in the game? Or is that decided by something else? Oh, and do you need to make a certain place for the hardpoint when using milkshape3d? Like make a block like those that you see in the game when it shows an empty(or used, if the weapon is small) hardpoint?. Edited by - zyco on 5/2/2004 4:26:45 PM

I´m going to update the model on the site, check it out for the new model. I think I´m done modeling, I need to know how to do hardpoints, texturing, and putting it all togather. Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode)

I got it to export, but I still don´t know how to make the skin for it, I don´t think I have the right program to unless you can use milkshape to skin? Also, I don´t know how to put it into a mod, and am still willing to give the model to someone to use in a mod(same as before, just say I made the model). I´m also gonna try to make it more detailed, what number of points(or triangles, or polygons, or whatever) should be the max? Oh, and how do you add a hard point? Is it done in milkshape or something else? Edited by - zyco on 4/29/2004 2:59:55 PM

check the site again, I got a new picture up, I changed it a little bit, not a whole lot though. I also Have an interesting model for a basic death star... well, this one would be cool, cause the super ray thing is real deep, so if someone could find a way to make it so it can´t shoot itself, and only fires in one direction, it would look tight. It´s got a deep hole cut into it, fill that thing with lazers and fire?? that would just look sweet, especially on a good comp. Edited by - zyco on 4/27/2004 6:54:58 PM

I downloaded the plugins and they didn´t/don´t work, or do I need something else(plug-ins I got from here). Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) Edited by - zyco on 4/27/2004 2:33:14 PM

hehe, I like your little signiture, made me laugh(god knows I need to more and more lately). When I try to export, I get an error message saying(actually it´s one of those microsoft error report thingies.); ms3d.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. than the entire program shuts down. I haven´t seen the ship in episodes lately, and couldn´t find any really good pics of the ship, I just did the best I could from memory. I´ll try to fix it up, but not right now, I gotta get ready for school(whoever made school should be shot....multiple times.....with a mini gun............AT POINT BLANK RANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode)

I don´t know if anyone care´s or if this is even the right place for new ship ideas? I think that If you added certain ships from the TV show Stargate-SG1 (I don´t know the creaters, and don´t have any photos of ships Scifi.com should though). Especially ships like these(ones I would especially like to see are surrounded by !!! !!!); -Goa´uld DeathGlider -Goa´uld El´kesh(sp) Bomber -!!!Asgard Mothership!!! (even if it were to be freighter sized, these behemoths are sweet looking)(((((pic is 5th row down on this site http://www.gammaquad.com/wallpaper/bc303_1280_1024.jpg there is another ship on 3rd row down that looks cool as well.))))) non-stargate; -Emperial Shuttle(starwars)(the one in Return Of the Jedi(I think it is)) -Miniture StarDestroyer(the huge moon sized station that blows up planets in starwars, ya know, just a thought(obviously make it alot smaller) I´m gonna be done so as not to annoy you all if you don´t want this kind of thing, If you like them then e-mail me at zyco_twd@yahoo.com sorry if you didn´t need suggestions, I think that the asgard ship would fit perfect in the game(couldn´t find one, but maybe one of the goa´uld motherships as an opposing faction.), and it would attract a whole new crowd of people to TNG. Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode) Edited by - zyco on 4/15/2004 4:33:53 PM

I like this mod. @the makers; Have you seen stargate-sg1? you should add some of the ships from in there, like the asgard ships. Hammond in reference to Cassie levitating and spinning the knight chess piece: &quot;How can she do that?&quot; Jack: &quot;Magnets. Magnets, every, every one of those pieces has got a little tiny magnet in the bottom, to hold it on the board when you´re driving so it doesn´t rattle off. Anyway, every one of those magnets has got a little electrical field around it, that´s how she was able to manipulate it. Magnets.&quot; Hammond stares blankly. &quot;They do look like horses.&quot; Doc, Daniel, and Teal´c stare blankly. -stargate-sg1(unknown episode)