Posts by Wiz914

Well I think most criminals like Outcasts and Corsairs get their supplies from either Junker bases or Zoner bases. The Junkers use the CSV while the Zoners use the Dromadery. But yeah, I guess it would have helped to have higher level freighters for people who like using freighters. Wiz914

In early game (Liberty Space), I´d say the Outcasts and the Hackers pose the biggest threat because they use Dagger ships which are just the best you can get while in Liberty. This is especially true near the NY - Texas (and vice-versa) jump gates where you tipically find a lot of Outcasts. The Texas debris fields and the Badlands are also bad places to be. When you get to Bretonia, I´d say Corsairs are the biggest pain, because they use Legionnaire ships which once more are rather potent. In Kusari Space, it´s not so bad, though I wouldn´t get on the Dragon´s bad side. And in Rheinland, I´d say the Unioners and Red Hessians pose the biggest threat, they seem to be everywhere plus they are pretty powerful. Though, then again, once you get a level 9-10 ship everything becomes rather easy in the SP game. Only systems that can pose a moderate challenge are the Omicrons, Omega-41, Omega-5 and Tau-37. That´s it. Wiz914

Usually what works best for me is to concentrate only on the shield generators (about 4 of them) and forget about the other fighters. On the weapons side, you might try to get GMG blasters before this mission and outfit them on a Barracuda or a Dragon. You can find them at either Gas Miner Ogashawa (Sigma-19) or Gas Miner Naha (Sigma-13). Also outfit a torpedo launcher with enough torpedoes and a mine dispatcher that uses homing mines (you´ll see, they are attracted by the generators). Also get a level 6 graviton shield and enough batteries to boost it up when it´s down (get max batteries). Good luck! Wiz914

Well, I usually try to only use 1 pulse weapon, either the Debilitator line of turrets, or the Tiz del Cid. Most recently, I´ve been using 4X Kraken Type 2, 2X Tiz del Cid, 1X Salamanca Mk II Turret. It proves to be a pretty effective combination. But then again might replace 1 Tiz with a Kraken, might prove equally good. Wiz914

I finished the SP campaign about 3 times. Level 38. I´m flying a modded Hammerhead (same stats as the Eagle) and use a mix of Kraken Type 2, Tiz del Cid and Salamanca Mk II Turret. I use a few mods (FF Turret, Black civilian ships, Unofficial patch, etc.) but nothing major. Money, err., maybe around 3.5 Millions. Wiz914

Also, it´s usually a good idea to "turn off" all your weapons but one (meaning click on their name in the lower right part of the screen when you are in space, that will deselect them), because if you use all your weapons you risk destroying whatever there was in the asteroid. Second thing, since it´s a pretty tedious job (maybe 10% of asteroids actually contain anything!), you might want to try mining something valuable like copper or silver in Colorado, or Gold in Dublin. Forget about Scrap Metal, it ain´t worth anything... Wiz914

Well, I guess the first tip I might give you is check out what kind of faction has patrol routes through the area (for example, Rogues and Outcasts patrol the Badlands, NY). Then make sure to be at least neutral with those factions... It will make your salvaging much easier since you won´t be assaulted by them all the time. And if you are not on good terms with them, then you´d better have a good ship with a good shield cause there´s gonna be some fighting! Obviously, for places where there´s radiation, bring in enough nanobods to repair the hull (buy as many as your ship can hold). Also try to spend as little time as possible in the radiation area. For example, if there are hazard buoys around (like yellow flashing lights), try to circle around the area and find where the wreck is closer to the edge of the radiation zone. Finally, where you have mines or volatile gases, don´t use your cruise engines and make sure you have a strong shield (graviton is usually good). If your shield goes down, you´re dead. If that happens, stop your ship and cut the engines. Wait for the shield to be back up before continuing. If enemies follow you in the mine zone, don´t worry. You can stay in one sport with your engines cut and shoot at them while they fly around the mines and get destroyed (the AI is very bad at avoiding mines and volatile gases). That´s all I can think of. Good hunting! Wiz914

Well, I really like particle weapons, except they are not very common and, at levels lower than 8 or 9, they usually have a more limited range and projectile speed (comparable to neutron, I believe). But of course at levels 8 and 9, the Kraken is a very good weapon. I also like Outcast Tachyon weapons, as it is (I´m acutally a fan of Outcast weapons). But I´m not a big fan of neutron weapons, though I find them to be o.k. Wiz914

I just wish it to be true... Even though they were probably just leaving the door open for a possible sequel, which might or might not come... I just hope it does some day and we get some serious fighting in the Omicron systems! That would be awesome!

Where in the world is Orillion??? At the end of the game, he dissapears and is never heard of again... weird stuff. Plus, where are Juni and King? Lots of questions remain unanswered. Edited by - Wiz914 on 8/29/2005 9:39:42 AM

Just to add a small comment, you have to kill a lot of Xenos to become friends with the Hackers. Because between the Rogues, Hackers and Outcasts, the Hackers are the least affected by the killing of Xenos. So you need to kill a lot of them! And btw, is it me or is the drom superior to the humpback? I mean, it seems more manoeuvrable to me. Plus it has the extra 25 cargo space... always welcome.

Well, to put it that way, if Juni wasn´t there to offer Trent a job after his rescue from Freeport 7, 1) he would have remained stucked on Manhattan with his 500 credits and no ship to fly; and 2) he would have been captured and executed by the Liberty authorities just like all the Freeport 7 survivors. So in many ways, Juni saves his ass big time at the beginning of the game. Plus she´s the one with all the connections through the galaxy. Trent is a great pilot, but he looks more like an enforcer that is brought in when Juni needs additional firepower. That´s my 2 cents...

I think there were some pretty extensive posts in the past dealing the with Texas incident. Basically, as I remember it, Ageira Technologies built the Dallas Research Station in Texas as well as an experimental Jump Gate that could allow ships to travel between Texas and Kusari (perhaps Shikoku) in 1 step. However, something went terribly wrong when testing the gate, which opened a gap to either the Galileo or Kepler antimatter clouds and sucked in the antimatter particles. These were spilled north and south of the gate, effectively destroying the Dallas Research Station, the Trade Lanes being build and anything else in the radius. Ultimately, the Jump Gate was also destroyed. The incident also created Jump Holes to California and NY in the system, which dramatically increased the crime rate in the system as Rogues and Outcast cardamine smugglers began passing through on their way to Buffalo. At the same time, the Liberty government was no longer interested in developping the system and instead focussed on Colorado. They turned Texas into a prison system and used Xeno and Rogue convicts as cheap labour to produce consummer goods and the likes in the prison manufacturing plants. End of the story...

Just to respond to the topic as it was first stated, I don´t think the "contents" of Freelancer, whatever they might have been, have any influence on whether Microsoft decides to finance a sequel to the game or not. If it was as politically incorrect as you believe it to be, then the game would never have been produced in the first place. And if you think that MS or DA might not have been aware at the time of release of the politically incorrect content, and would have "discovered" it just after game release, that doesn´t seem to make much sense either. I´ve read plenty of reviews of the game and plenty of game guides, forums, etc. and you´re the first to be bugged by its contents. There was no big commotion at any time after the release of the game, and if it was indeed as you claim so obvious it promoted terrorism or what have you, I´m sure there would have been people talking about it and expressing their outrage. As it stands, yes there is a certain political message in the game, but I don´t think it goes on promoting terrorism or anything like it. For one thing, Trent goes on saving president Jacobi and the entire colonies from extinction under the Nomad menace. Now, I doubt this is the definition of terrorism, however you would have it. Since nobody to this day viewed Freelancer as a politically incorrect game, I doubt this has anything to do with the development of Freelancer 2. As it stands, if there ever is a Freelancer 2 game developped, it will have a diffrent content and storyline and at the time MS and DA will decide whether to release it or not based on its content, not that of a game which was released without any controversy.

That´s it, I tried playing with the lvl 10 graviton shield (I modded the game myself to be able to buy the thing), but I find it very strong for the kind of weapons the npcs use in the single player game. It never goes down, and besides almost no faction uses weapons with a bonus vs. graviton shields. Actually, I never quite understood why the developpers made such a strong shield, i.e. more HP, faster regen, not many weapons with a bonus against it. Maybe it´s because the campaign would be too hard without grav shields...

That´s what I figured out. I could technically add the lvl 10 graviton as well, however I find it a tad too strong for the npcs in the game (11000 strength, 245 regen)... It never goes down! Besides the Xenos and the Hogosha, nobody uses particle/plasma weapons in the unmodded game...

A cheaper way than bribes to become friend with a faction is to attack their ennemies. For instance, if you target the Corsairs, the Hessians will begin to like you. If you target the Xenos, then the Outcasts will begin to like you. That´s usually cheaper and has a less radical impact on the reputation you enjoy with certain factions than a bribe.

I´d say Outcast weapons are the strongest. But that might be only me... Lasers are ok in early game because they don´t consume too much power. But later tachytron, particle, photon and neutron weapons become better choices. Plasma usually suck because they consume a lot of power but have a low speed, so they are easy to avoid...