Posts by Shaman

@ jenxter Thanks for the server. I had trouble logging on until I used "Dedicated Server" program. Your server doesn´t ask for yhe pw though. For you others having problems, you must follow the directions EXAKTLY, no shortcuts. To make sure that I don´t have any write protected files, I right clickm on freshly loaded freelancer directory, click on properties, uncheck the write protect box and apply it to all of the sub dir and files, That way I don´t get any access denied messages. Shaman I´m in my own world, but that´s ok, everybody knows me here.

Silvik Great looking models, Ought to work well in your upgrade. I hope the server comes back soon,,, Playing on my lan isn´t as much fun any more!!! Shaman I´m in my own world, but that´s ok, everybody knows me here.

@ steve62 How soon can we expect the server back? Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine&qu

Sylvic,,,, I gotta ask!! Any clue on when you will release the next update? @ steve62,,,,, thanks for the server!!!! I´m enjoying the hell out of it!!! Is anybody on any of the teamspeak servers? Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine" Edited by - Shaman on 7/4/2005 11:04:42 PM

Yo Silvic,, good to hear from you! I like the correllian "blockade runner", as an option to the lancer, also I was playing around with the little brother to the Mil Falcon, the YT 2000, here on my lan as a lowwer end freighter at level 9, 250 cagoe, relatively cheap. I added a ship dealer to FP 10-7 and made it available there. I havn´t quite figured out how to get the info card on yet. I´m a noob when it comes to modding!!! Later Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine" Edited by - Shaman on 6/24/2005 2:15:00 PM

Hi folks, I checked into Lucifer´s forum site, found nothing for TIE Universe, waas uuup!! I agree about the jumpgates, they all should be opened. On the version of the mod on my lan, I boosted the cruise speed to about 475 due to the long distances to be covered in "far country". I´ve e-mailed silvic with that suggestion. Many moons ago in a post, silvic had mentioned that he was adding more ships to the md, some for traders. The ships in Porshes ship pack all need work to fit TIE Univ, but it may be a moot point. Silvic may be way ahead of us. Getting started as a trader is difficult without some lowend choices, at least the shippack gives some options. I like the corvette personaly, but taking it past FP7 is sicidal. See you in the Far Sector. Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine"

OK Thanks, I´m on PDT, in California, near Lake Tahoe edit:: I just checked, backup again 9:05 PM PDT thanks again Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine" Edited by - Shaman on 6/18/2005 9:13:04 PM

steve62-- where did the server go?,, I was having a blast. there´s another one out there, in slovakia, but my ping is lousy!!! Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine"

II´ve been plying this mod for months on my lan, periodically checking this forum. Man am I glad to see all of this activity and now an on-line server to play on. I LOVE IT !!!! i agree with a couple of other guys about the shippack, they need to be tweaked to fit the parameters of the game. Besides the ID issue their loadouts need to be changed to handle the power packs. Glad to see all of the new activity. See you on line. Silvik, glad to see you´re still cookin´!! Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine"

PhotonGun Here´s the Link:: http://www.lancersreactor.org/…load/Download.asp?ID=1288 I keep this mod handy on my lan, I keep coming back to it !!! Black Eagle,,, I´ve played your mod, still have it up, but I keep going back to the TIE Universe. Waiting patiently for the next installment. edit:: gunblade-- I just down loaded it, again, from the above link, no problem, full mod came through. I using 128k ISDN. Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine" Edited by - Shaman on 6/4/2005 8:19:51 PM

Silvik, Glad to see your post!! Take your time,, your previous results are still playing just fine on my lan. Thanks for the pics!! I´d be glad to do some testing for you if you wish. Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine" Edit::Just checking in Edited by - Shaman on 5/14/2005 3:33:50 PM Edited by - Shaman on 5/27/2005 7:37:00 PM

@sylvic, After checking out a number of other mods, all of the big ones including 5th House, and doing some Beta testing on quickshot14´s TE mod, yours is still the one that draws me back. Just a note to let you know I´m still hanging around,,, wai

Hey All, I got Freelancer at a game shop when it first came out. I´m a Privateer fanatic, still have an old system, set up in Dos just for Privateer and R.F., used to play Armada on a 9600 dialup. Alittle over a year ago I discovered TLR and online gamaing, my world hasn´tbeen the same since!!! Through TLR, I´ve met a lot of great folks from all over the globe, there´s nothing like the feeling of being teamed up with ´the Shrike´ from Canada, I´m from California, running missions in Rebalance on zodsworld server in Illinois. all the time linked up with teamspeak. What a kick. I´m part of a couple of testing teams for a couple of mods and am learning about modding and debugging mods on the fly. My roommate, used to play on line against each other in Armada, is totally hooked into Total War. This sure beats the hell out of T.V. TLR is the Whole Package, Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine" Edited by - Shaman on 4/7/2005 9:57:51 PM

TheHolyLancer, I spotted your post while trying to get a sense of modding by reading the forum, there´s a lot to learn, and most of the stuff you have questions about have answers in the posts. Use the search for subjects. There are quite a few serious mods available that are very well balanced and very complex. These large mods, there´s a listing in the forum, are a goldmine of information on what can be done with FreeLancer. I would suggest that you try some of the big mods, not the one shot addons, and get a feel for changing the game. Again, read the forums, the info you want is there. Good luck Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine"

Reagan64,,,, You shouldn´t see any kind of new folder. The sdk file replaces data/ini files in data and its subdirectories. The path it should be aimed at is /freelancer/data. All of the variations work the same way including the new open 1.5. Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine" Edit: I don´t load game to the default If you loaded freelancer to the default dir the path is:: c:program filesmicrosoft gamesfreelancerdata Edited by - Shaman on 4/1/2005 10:09:20 PM Edited by - Shaman on 4/6/2005 1:20:28 PM

Matt_Thor, Hi I read your post and thought, " Why doesn´t he just fir up either Data Storm or FL Stat Scanner, like the rest of us?" Oh well, what the hell, here´s the info. Available at 2 places. Kyoto base, in Chugoku, and Dragon´s HQ, in Adromeda (Far Sector). i´ve been playing in MP on my home lan, BUG FREE!!!

Silvik, I increased the cruise speed to 625, it covers the distance much better without getting killed in the asteroid fields. I left the thrusters alone, need them in combat as they are. If the speed is too high, besides the problem with asteroids, you over run the action. Do you mind if I try to put any other ships or stations in the mod. I´m just a beginner, but I´m learning. I´ll be sure to let you know what I´ve done. mo latuh Shaman Some say "The problem with the gene pool is that there is no lifeguard" I say, "Actually, the problem is too many lifeguards and not enough F___ing chlorine" Edited by - Shaman on 3/15/2005 2:10:38 PM

Arch & Ro9ue I agree that the mod needs work, I put lots of time on zod´s and black´s!!! It´s too bad that Delta 2 was let out unlocked,,, the servers out there started to proiferate, 2 or 3 new ones last night. They were wide open to anyone, will prpbably lead to some "static"!!! I can play the mod with vey few problems, but I know what to avoid. Of course it helps to be on TS and compare notes with zod, saleth, wb, bobba_fett,the shrike,ven0em & a few others. especially to keep track of who´s testing what. I´ve done a lot of testing on my lan server, enables me to jump around the map to check specific areas. This is a fantastic mod, and complex as hell. and eventhough you´re pulling back for now, which I agree with, I´ll probably continue to play it on my lan. I´m afraid that I´m just a beginner when it comes to modding, but I´m still willing to be a tester. mo latuh!!! Edited by - Shaman on 3/15/2005 1:53:06 PM