Posts by Darth-Vader

Ahhh I wanted to make the best encounter TRL has ever seen but now its imposible :-( ------------------------------------- "You dont see me, you dont hear me, but you know im there." I will bild the first Galactic Empire!

Hay ya know what i do with my prisoners? I made a system and a "fake" bace so you camnt dock, or see it. When i move u and u respawn you just explode and respwn in the same place but it looks like its space the only difff is that its black and you cant do anything...

Um no its a gravity bouy i seen it with an order ship and an uber hull its like a matal ball that flashes and it has rings around it its same for Alphas Unknown Hers the ini from Alphas unknown and its the stars rings (realy there not the stars) [Object nickname = Ew05_gravity_buoy_1 pos = 0, 1000, 0 rotate = 20, 10, 0 archetype = gravity_buoy visit = 128 ring = Zone_Ew05_upper_ring, solar
    ingsEw05_ring.ini [Object nickname = Ew05_gravity_buoy_2 pos = 0, -1000, 0 rotate = 20, 10, 0 archetype = gravity_buoy visit = 128 ring = Zone_Ew05_lower_ring, solar
    ingsEw05_ring2.ini Oh and I found a hazard buoy in sigma 17 like 20k from anyware. Do I care? yes! I kinda feel bad now that a new server is out lol. Edited by - Darth-Vader on 10/6/2005 6:56:01 PM

NO NO like in Crossfire they have encounters that are not in explorer. Too bad ytou have to add them manaualy. I made afraction called Figutives and Explorer comes with it. The manual incounter is like this. This is the one for figutives but you need to edit fractio_prob.ini so it will acualy work faction_weight = fc_f_grp, 1 <--- what fraction the 1 stands for 100% if you gpot 2 fractions bouth must be less then or 100 encounter = area_assault, 6, 0.200000 <------- the incounter ini in missions/incounters it must be alibale for that fraction or it wont work. the .20000 is the fraction encounter chance all must be less then or 100 faction = fc_f_grp, 0.200000 <------ The fracxtion encounter = area_scout, 6, 0.200000 <the sama as above faction = fc_f_grp, 0.200000 As ytou see all of em are eqwal to 100. Edited by - Darth-Vader on 10/6/2005 12:43:24 PM

(I think I asked this before, but I cannot find my thread anywhyere. Also, is there a dictionary out there of what all the codes mean in the ini file. I have figured out some of them, but the others elude me.) Well Chips there ya go I told him a bit of the constants of ini. Oh hay I should make a dictionary in the torteval foprum about it all.

Well the ini constants are huge hers 2. [zone <--- Zone (DOH) nickname = Zone_Hi01_path_outcasts1_2 (what it is a patrol path) pos = 8171, 0, 6125 (The position the middle number is the altaztude just to let ya know the right is declanation and left is acimination (Thats what I call them the outhers will say in X Y Z format whitch its practicly wehat it is. rotate = -90, -81, 0 (whitch way it pointing. shape = CYLINDER thers loads of shapes but i dont care about em size = 750, 41816 the sixe from the MIDDLE point sort = 74 DONT KNOW (yet) toughness = 18 (HOW HARD ARE AI) density = 5 how mutych ships repop_time = 30 how fast they respanw max_battle_size = 4 the max ships in a battle (the outhers will flee) pop_type = trade_path (the type) relief_time = 20 (how mutch time you got when everything is destroyd untyil they start respwning agasin. path_label = outcasts1, 2 (dont kno) usage = trade Whats its for mission_eligible = true this is for missions but checj outher topics and it explains why u need this to be true for ur missins to work faction_weight = fc_ou_grp, 10 (Who rides the path) density_restriction = 1, patroller (Dont knbow) density_restriction = 1, police_patroller (Dont knbow) density_restriction = 1, pirate_patroller (Dont knbow) encounter = tradep_trade_trader, 18, 1.000000 the ecxounter prop 18 stands for lev they are. faction = fc_ou_grp, 1.000000 (and this is the encounter that the line above refers 2. The second. [Cursor nickname = hostile < dont change anim = neutral, 1, 0 <--- antimation hotspot = 32, 32 < the real pointer that makjes the pushing blend = 4 dont kno spin = 0 spin scale = 0.450000 dont kno color = 191, 29, 29, 255 color in RGB and one of em is brightness I dont remember whitch. Oh and BTW can anyone explin this? I took it from my mod and somwane gave the code to me for a hypergate. [fuse name = sun01_fx lifetime = 1.0 death_fuse = false [start_effect at_t = 0.000000 effect = gf_nomadwormhole hardpoint = HpFx01

Isent it like monkeys mod? And I know how it works when AI scans it they dont say drop that loot! they just start folowing you like when u dont say anythign when they order to drop loot.

Ya but if a player wanted to get in to Alaska he oput of luck cuz its now locked. Thers no posible way to do it while the server is up cuz changine gates is like uploading a new mod to server so you have to restart it. The only diff is that a program is doing it. Void server has that program it puts you in diff bace everytime it restarts.

Hay um the %%%HOME_BACE%%%% I thout only one bace has a name like that so I can make it ST08_01_bace and it will work? (ST08 is a costom system)

No just make a program that like every 30 mins when the server restarts the program replances instalworold.ini with a new one with diff locked gates...

Ok to set a mod you justa ctivate the mod in flmm and THEN start your server. To set cash go to EXE/mpnewcharacter.fl and change the cash there.. For position I never got it working.

Hay can you do that put the entried for Figutives, Nomads, and The Order and put it in the oferbriberesorces.dll? If you do just tell me the majic number... I only want the name and so they show up or rep list no infocrads... Oh and what files you need to make a new fraction?

Yea you got de idea. I do use explorer but it didnt work it styarts to glitch but no Fugutive ships here the ini. [FactionProps affiliation = fc_f_grp legality = unlawful nickname_plurality = singular msg_id_prefix = ignore jump_preference = any npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_fighter_d1-4 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_fighter_d5 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_fighter_d6 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_fighter_d7 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_fighter_d8 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite_d9 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite_d10 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite_d11 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite_d12 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite_d13 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite_d14 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite2_d15 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite2_d16 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite2_d17 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite2_d18 npc_ship = fc_ou_bw_elite2_d19 voice = pilot_f_ill_m01 voice = pilot_f_ill_m02 mc_costume = mc_fc space_costume = pi_pirate1_head, pl_male1_journeyman_body, comm_br_darcy firstname_male = 229609, 229609 lastname = 229608, 229608 rank_desig = 197140, 197140, 197140, 10, 15 formation_desig = 197808, 197820 formation = fighters, fighter_pirate And this: [Zone nickname = Zone_Li01_pop_ambient_01 pos = -33886, 0, -28078 rotate = 0, 0, 0 shape = SPHERE size = 30033 comment = Ambient Pop sort = 1 toughness = 18 density = 3 repop_time = 25 max_battle_size = 4 pop_type = Background relief_time = 35 population_additive = false faction_weight = fc_f_grp, 20 encounter = area_scout, 18, 0.100000 faction = fc_f_grp, 0.800000 What Am I doing wrong? Edited by - Darth-Vader on 9/24/2005 10:55:47 PM

Ahhh People just do this replace ritch front with this [TrueType font = 0, Arial Unicode MS, 22 font = 1, Agency FB, 30 font = 2, Arial Unicode MS, 26 font = 3, Agency FB, 38 font = 4, Agency FB, 100 font = 5, Agency FB, 24 font = 6, Agency FB, 34 font = 7, Agency FB, 22 [Style name = STYLE_CONSOLE font = 0 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 255, 255, 255 [Style name = STYLE_DIALOG font = 1 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 135, 195, 224 [Style name = STYLE_DIALOG_SMALL font = 5 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 135, 195, 224 [Style name = STYLE_BUTTON font = 6 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 135, 195, 224 [Style name = STYLE_LOCTABLE font = 0 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 135, 195, 224 [Style name = STYLE_LOCTABLE_SELECT font = 0 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 245, 234, 82 [Style name = STYLE_LOCTABLE_INACTIVE font = 0 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 182, 182, 182 [Style name = STYLE_SMALL_HEADER font = 5 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 135, 195, 224 [Style name = STYLE_SMALL_HEADER_ACTIVE font = 5 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 245, 234, 82 [Style name = STYLE_SUBSUBTITLE font = 1 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 135, 195, 224 [Style name = STYLE_TITLE font = 3 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 135, 195, 224 justify = center [Style name = STYLE_ERROR font = 0 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 191, 29, 29 [Style name = STYLE_NN_AGENCY font = 5 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 135, 195, 224 [Style name = STYLE_PRIVATE font = 0 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 59, 191, 29 [Style name = STYLE_CONSOLE_SENDER font = 2 bold = false italic = false underline = false color = 0, 255, 0

Ok this is how you do it from start to finish Step 1: go to freelancer/data/audio/music find nice music that you need. Step 2: go to music.ini and add this [Sound <------ Keep this the same nickname = nomad_battle <-- Change this to whatever you want. type = music <-- I dont know what it is but dont touch file = audiomusicmusic_reveal_enemy_pos.wav <-this is where the music file is attenuation = 0 <-------- Dont know what it is So the 2 thing you need to edit for new music is file = line and nickname = line. Step3: Now go to A typical system or where you want to add the music in and search for [music. There should be 3 lines below music, space = , danger = , and battle =. Now change the space, danger, or battle to the nickname in music.ini. So you can have lib space for battle. If you want to add yor own music you first have to chnage that file to wav, Put it in the music directory and Repeat steps 2 and 3. If you thout about changing music in the menu go to universe/systems/intro/baces/rooms and inside rooms thers should be 3 files: into1_cityscape.ini, intro2_volcano.ini, and intro3_planetchunk. Open one of them and there should be: [Room_Info scene = ambient, ScriptsIntroIntro_waterplanet.thn <---- This is the acual "movie" on the menu such as flying ships.... [Room_Sound music = nomad_space <---- This is the music that is in music.ini in your nickname. Now a little off track fl has more menu "movies" that you probably never seen there located in scripts/intro and the ones that are in fl are gasminer, planetchunks, and volcano planet. The osirus and waterplanet are new and not included in normal fl only modded. To chnage the menu just change the [Room_Info scene = to whatever the file is and there ya go the new menu "movie"