Posts by freemodder

OK so my mod is coming along good, but now I have hit a snag. How do you add the voice that says "This is x base your cleared to dock." and other voices system and station related? It's not like adding music is it? Also please accept my apologies if I have asked this already! Thanks!

AH I bet it is the level, here is the code for loadout.ini

Code
    1. [Loadout]nickname = Order_Heavy_Fighterarchetype = or_eliteequip = ge_oe_engine_01equip = npc_shield01_mark07, HpShield01equip = infinite_powerequip = ge_s_scanner_02equip = ge_s_tractor_01equip = ge_s_thruster_01, HpThruster01equip = fc_or_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon01equip = fc_or_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon02equip = fc_or_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon03equip = fc_or_gun01_mark01, HpWeapon04equip = missile01_mark05, HpWeapon05cargo = missile01_mark05_ammo, 20equip = missile01_mark05, HpWeapon06cargo = missile01_mark05_ammo, 20equip = fc_or_turret01_mark01, HpTurret01equip = mine01_mark05, HpMine01cargo = mine01_mark05_ammo, 20equip = ge_s_cm_03, HpCM01cargo = ge_s_cm_03_ammo, 20equip = LargeWhiteSpecial, HpHeadlightequip = SlowSmallYellow, HpRunningLight01equip = SlowSmallYellow, HpRunningLight02equip = SlowSmallYellow, HpRunningLight03equip = SlowSmallYellow, HpRunningLight04equip = SlowSmallYellow, HpRunningLight05equip = SlowSmallYellow, HpRunningLight06equip = contrail01, HpContrail01equip = contrail01, HpContrail02equip = contrail01, HpContrail03equip = DockingLightRedSmall, HpDockLight01equip = DockingLightRedSmall, HpDockLight02

NPCships

Code
    1. [NPCShipArch]nickname = fc_or_anubisloadout = Order_Heavy_Fighterlevel = d12ship_archetype = or_elitepilot = pilot_pirate_acestate_graph = FIGHTERnpc_class = unlawful, elite_fighter, d1, d2, d3, d4, d5, d6, d7, d8, d9, d10, d11, d12, d13, d14, d15, d16, d17, d18, d19

faction_pop

Code
    1. [FactionProps]affiliation = fc_or_grplegality = unlawfulnickname_plurality = singularmsg_id_prefix = gcs_refer_faction_fc_orjump_preference = jumpholenpc_ship = fc_or_anubisvoice = pilot_f_ill_m01voice = pilot_f_ill_m02mc_costume = mc_fcspace_costume = pi_pirate1_head, pi_orillion_body, comm_br_guardspace_costume = pi_pirate4_head, pi_orillion_body, comm_rh_alaricspace_costume = sh_male4_head, pi_orillion_body, comm_br_guardspace_costume = ge_male2_head, pi_orillion_body, comm_rh_alaricspace_costume = ge_male4_head, pi_orillion_body, comm_br_guardspace_costume = ge_male1_head, pi_orillion_body, comm_rh_alaricfirstname_male = 226608, 226741lastname = 227008, 227307rank_desig = 197128, 197129, 197130, 10, 15formation_desig = 197808, 197820formation = fighters, fighter_basicformation = freighters, freighter_basicformation = freighters2, freighter2_basic

I am not sure how to define levels and such. I am trying to add zone pop and patrols for missions, which I am also not having much luck with as I get the text "no missions are available right now. Check back later." I set up the zones right per the tut on here but alas no missions. The order is added by default to vignetteparams in a couple of missions, but I also added them to some Destroy all ones that were listed in the mission params tutorial but still no change.

Code
    1. [Zone]nickname = Zone_TO01_pop_ambient_01pos = -56635, 0, 37860rotate = 0, 0, 0shape = SPHEREsize = 9471comment = Ambient Popsort = 51toughness = 16density = 5repop_time = 15max_battle_size = 5pop_type = Backgroundrelief_time = 15population_additive = falsefaction_weight = fc_n_grp, 20faction_weight = fc_or_grp, 20encounter = area_nomads, 16, 1.000000faction = fc_n_grp, 1.000000encounter = area_defend, 16, 1.000000 -> I think that the 16 is the level right? does that have to equal the d12 in the shiparch.inifaction = fc_or_grp, 1.000000

I will try changing that and see what happens.

I am in need of more help, I added ships to the order in the faction_pop.ini and the npcships.ini. If I use pop zones, or patrols they don't crash the game, but they don't spawn the ships (similar to what the Osiris does cloaked) The pop and patrols show up on in the neural net, but no ships appear. It says here http://the-starport.net/module…php?topic_id=628&forum=27 that you need to change some thing as it is hard coded that they are invisible. I don't have 1.0 (all have 1.1) on any of my computers except for one and I tried on that one and I still can't find it. Any help would be great!

OK I have created some patrols to the order. I added ships to the faction_pop.ini as well as npcships.ini. Now the game doesn't crash and I if I use the pop zone or patrols I can see them on the neural net, but not ships appear. I read here [url]http://the-starport.net/freelancer/forum/viewtopic.php?post_id=4261[/url] that they are hard coded to be invisible? I don't have 1.0 as all of mine are upgraded to 1.1 (with the exception of one copy, I tried to find the offset and couldn't) How do you get the order's ships to show up?

Actually you guys have helped me out tremendously! And I think it was my fault, as I rewrote the DLL but the people weren't working before so I don't know :thumbup: But they work now, so it all good. Except the bribe text is a little weird for the base both the zoners and the order say "but the , and the . will look down on our little transaction" So I will have to look at that too.

To the best of my knowledge that is just how many people are in the bar at once right? (That is what the tutorial I read said) I remember when I had people working in my last mod when I raised that value it put more people in the bar. I had more than 2 but I deleted them to see if they were the problem. I will change the value to 2 to see if it works. Also I am going to put a 2nd base in and copy all NPCs and see if they show up. It might just be a base coding error. Thanks for the help.

Code
    1. [MBase]nickname = TO01_01_Baselocal_faction = fc_or_grpdiff = 8msg_id_prefix = gcs_refer_base_TO01_01_Base[MVendor]num_offers = 2, 4[BaseFaction]faction = fc_or_grpweight = 100npc = to0101_001_mnpc = to0101_order_002_f[GF_NPC]nickname = to0101_fix_bartenderbody = ku_bartender_bodyhead = pl_male5_headlefthand = benchmark_male_hand_leftrighthand = benchmark_male_hand_rightindividual_name = 458759affiliation = fc_or_grpvoice = rvp106[GF_NPC]nickname = to0101_fix_traderbody = pi_orillion_bodyhead = pl_male5_headlefthand = benchmark_male_hand_leftrighthand = benchmark_male_hand_rightindividual_name = 458760affiliation = fc_or_grpvoice = rvp151[GF_NPC]nickname = to0101_fix_weaponsdealerbody = pi_orillion_bodyhead = pi_pirate5_headlefthand = benchmark_male_hand_leftrighthand = benchmark_male_hand_rightindividual_name = 458761affiliation = fc_or_grpvoice = rvp101[GF_NPC]nickname = to0101_001_mbody = ku_shipdealer_bodyhead = pi_pirate3_headlefthand = benchmark_male_hand_leftrighthand = benchmark_male_hand_rightindividual_name = 458762affiliation = fc_or_grpvoice = rvp106room = barbribe = fc_or_grp, 10000, 16100rumor = base_0_rank, mission_end, 1, 491525[GF_NPC]nickname = to0101_order_002_fbody = pl_female2_journeyman_bodyhead = sh_female2_head_genlefthand = benchmark_female_hand_leftrighthand = benchmark_female_hand_rightindividual_name = 458763affiliation = fc_or_grpvoice = rvp541room = barbribe = gd_z_grp, 10000, 16102 [MRoom]nickname = barcharacter_density = 5fixture = to0101_fix_bartender, Zs/NPC/Bartender/01/A/Stand, scripts\vendors\li_host_fidget.thn, bartender[MRoom]nickname = Deckcharacter_density = 2fixture = to0101_fix_trader, Zs/NPC/Trader/01/A/Stand, scripts\vendors\li_commtrader_fidget.thn, traderfixture = to0101_fix_weaponsdealer, Zs/NPC/Equipment/01/A/Stand, scripts\vendors\li_equipdealer_fidget.thn, Equipment

There is the whole Mbase code for my station, I rewrote the #s in the DLL last night to see if that was an issue, but it doesn't seem to be. Now If I create a charecter in FLE it says in the DLL "The Order\nDan Telmi" is the The Order\n needed? I tried it with and with out it in my DLL and they still don't show up in game, but in FLE the name still shows up just fine. I also changed the base to the zoners and redid the people, (not in FLE ) but still no go so I don't think it's an order issue.

Sorry to ask so many questions but I have yet another issue, so I am trying to add people to the bar. I did this in my last mod but that was at least 3 years ago so I can't quite remember how to. I know the weights need to be set a certain way to match the people. IE if I had two factions in the bar and one had 2 people one had three I would give the faction that had 3 a 60 and the one that had 2 a 40. I have done this and no-one shows up in the bar. I had 6 people in one faction so I did 100/8=12.5 then 12.5*6=75 so the faction (it was the order) was wet to weight 75. then the 2nd was set to 25 (12.5*2) (it was the Zoners). I had people for the order in the bar in my last mod and they worked. I generated the people to the bar with FLE, but I also tried copying people from a working base and just changing the faction and it still doesn't work (in addition to deleting all bribes, rumors, and missions but leaving their names on the copied people.) So I tried to set it just to one fraction and it still doesn't work. Below is the code I am currently using to try to get people to show up. What would cause them not to show up? Would FLE be doing it? The names are in the DLL for my mod but I don't know the numbers for them as I haven't looked yet.

Code
    1. [BaseFaction]faction = fc_or_grpweight = 100offers_missions = falseto0101_001_001_m[GF_NPC]nickname = to0101_fix_bartenderbody = ku_bartender_bodyhead = pl_male5_headlefthand = benchmark_male_hand_leftrighthand = benchmark_male_hand_rightindividual_name = 458766affiliation = fc_or_grpvoice = rvp106[GF_NPC]nickname = to0101_fix_traderbody = pi_orillion_bodyhead = pl_male5_headlefthand = benchmark_male_hand_leftrighthand = benchmark_male_hand_rightindividual_name = 458779affiliation = fc_or_grpvoice = rvp151[GF_NPC]nickname = to0101_fix_weaponsdealerbody = pi_orillion_bodyhead = pi_pirate5_headlefthand = benchmark_male_hand_leftrighthand = benchmark_male_hand_rightindividual_name = 458764affiliation = fc_or_grpvoice = rvp101[GF_NPC]nickname = to0101_001_001_mbody = ku_shipdealer_bodyhead = pi_pirate3_headlefthand = benchmark_male_hand_leftrighthand = benchmark_male_hand_rightindividual_name = 458776affiliation = fc_or_grpvoice = rvp101room = bar

Also the Bartender, Equip, and trader all work and show up just not the added people.

Thanks! I will check out those tools. I have FLEd-ids and I made a blank DLL and added it to the FL.ini but i couldn't get the text to display right. How would you use Freelancer Mod Manager to add strings to the DLL? My mod has its own DLL, all I need to do is add info cards to it. Thanks for the help.

I was wondering how to add a race that already exists to the place where you can view your reputation. The race I want to add is the order. In my mod I am making the order more race like by giving them patrols, stations ect. I was wondering if it is possible to add them to the reputation tab. Thanks!

Oops sorry, won't happen again. Was just using a link that I found as a reference. So there is no way to fix it? It's no big deal and I can live with it, I was just wondering if it was a setting or something,.

I am having a weird issue, I am using Firefox (v4 I think) and the HTML code isn't showing up right. For example <b> doesn't bold all I see is <b></b> this happens in both IE 8 and Firefox on two different computers. Any idea on how to fix it? It happens in the archives and the regular forums. For example here is what I see for links <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://the-starport.net/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=26&topic=988.0">http://the-starport.net/index.php?optio ... opic=988.0</a><!-- m -->

It should just be a hyperlink but it isn't? I can provide a screenshot to better show what I am talking about if needed. Thanks!

edit- I found out how to enable it for my posts but is there a global setting need to change to view other posts?