Posts by kshugart

Maybe the problem isn't with Freelancer (program) and/or FLMM.
    Are the player save game files still in the directory (.fl) is so then the problem might be that the save games are not compatible with other mods. I found this out after long frustrating hours trying to get FL to run.

try moving the '.fl' files (saved game).

I too have had problems with both Freelancer and FLMM to work under Windows 7 64bit. I did find a work around and that is to run them under compatibility mode as Windows XPSP2.

I also had trouble activating and running Federation Ship Pack v2.3. I finally found what seems to be them problem; in the script ' Default Starting Ship.xml' the last data set entry,

<data file="data\missions\M13\M13.ini" method="sectionreplace"><section>
    [Trigger]
    nickname = bse_initialize_init_li01
    </section><dest>
    Act_SetShipAndLoadout = ge_fighter, msn_playerloadout
    </dest><source>
    Act_SetShipAndLoadout = T9_shuttle, msn_playerloadout
    </source></data>

Should be and can be deleted and everything will work normally.

Thanks for the input.

Please take note:

from original post;
    Third, I've installed the MS patch and FLMM 1.31, and SDK v1.3.

Federation Ship Pack is the only MOD trying to activate.
    File (M13) is not a SP.
    SDK 1.3 is installed
    Not using CrossFIre!

On a side:
    I have noticed that installing v2.3 will overwrite v2.2 and use the same directory. Don't know if that is a problem, if it is, then there's a problem with the original MOD script.

I sort of understand that from a perspective, it would take volumes, that nobody would want to read, however, something that would get more people involved and point to resources and techniques, and tools would greatly be helpful to the newbie and expert alike.
    Do you think that would or could be possible?

First, I've checked the forums for related entries.
    Second, I'm running Win7 and the program is set to compatibility mode for XPSP2.
    Third, I've installed the MS patch and FLMM 1.31, and SDK v1.3.

Error: FLMM has determined that 'Federation ship pack V2.3' won't properly activate.
    Error: Unable to find section '[Trigger]'(...) in 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\data\missions\M13\M13.ini'

Every time I try to activate the MOD I receive this error message, to which I don't really understand, that's why I need help to solve this problem.

I have installed Federation Ship Pack v2.2 and it works fine.

Any help, suggestions and/r comments are greatly appreciated.

Also I would like to know if anyone has had contact with the author, Archedyne.

Thank You.

Where can I find a Complete Guide on how to mod Freelancer?
    I have seen several individual posts on modding just about everything, however, nothing that would be considered the "Bible" for all aspects of modding Freelancer.

It sure would be nice to have one. I would like to get into modding freelancer and make a few MODS myself.

Thank You