Posts by polarbear

I tried to make the cloaking device a good, just like weapons. It appeared in the market, but my problem is that it's not mountable/dismountable. You can sell it, and it will stop working, but thst's not what I need.

I need a way to make it mountable by clicking, so that the player can buy/loot it and then mount it. Is there a way to do it?

I was trying to place a custom character (that I added to costumes.ini) into a bar, so that you can select it and it offers you a mission with an Accept/Reject tab. So it appears that it only accepts nicknames of very specific costume entries, and the rest cause a crash.

Do I have to add them to some kind of list that exists in the game files? Or is it something deeply implanted in the game?

Yeah, I guess you're right...
    When I said "pride" I meant that they do get all personal about everything, and claim that you are insulting them. So they "protect their pride" by acting like assholes towards you. And you protect yours by not making any contact with them. This is all wrong imo, and I have no choise but to respect it.

And that's great news, I can't wait to play it already :)

I think that a dying community is way more important than someone's pride, but sadly nobody ever agrees with me.
    If you improve the forum, make things look really epic and everything, expand the database beyound anyone's knowledge - only 3 people will probably see it: both of you and I. It seems like we're the only beating hearts left here.
    Are you still working on Crossfire 2 back there in SWAT team?

If I were to see that old thread, I'd love to be the 1% missing to get more people that are for merging the communities.
    I haven't been here for a few weeks, even more, and it seems not a single thing changed.
    Also been to TSP, only thing they found is a new way to ban me from *logging out*. Can you believe it? So much hate...

Anyways, I'm still giving a push to my TimeLancer project sometimes, though time is a rough matter (ironically enough).
    I think that we should make a stand, and get people together for a greater purpose. Ever since I entered the Freelancer community I've been bothered by the fact that there is one too many communities. And the rivalry is so absurd, I don't even know how to describe it. Either you choose a side, or you're hated by both. No gaming/modding community has ever been torn apart so badly by admins who want to prove themselves better. I think it's time to put an end to this, once and for all.
    Who's with me?

I guess I'm pretty late...
    Well, the point is that you're supposed to choose your path. It's impossible to have 2 waypoints at once, therefore you should know both ways to reach Rheinland. Each one has its own event thread. The point of the mod is giving you a few choices, which will eventually lead to a different ending. Mission 1B gives a tiny sample of the choice.

Basically I use them for demolition missions where you need to destroy a pirate station or weapon platforms.
    In Discovery mod they increased the firepower so that they're more effective, just like in the cutscenes. But they also added a ship class - bomber. A special type of ship designed for destroying capital class ships.
    Basically it's a matter of balance in the game, something which is nearly impossible to achieve.
    Anyway, if you can't find use for torpedoes, it's a waste of money.

So I've recently been working on a little project I like to call "TimeLancer". This is a storyline mod which continues the original storyline directly. It goes like this:

The year is 804 AS. For 3 years The Order has been researching the Nomad structure found in the Dyson sphere. New findings were discovered and The Order was amazed to find out the secret behind this thing they called "hypergate" that sucked in the Nomads in the final battle.
    Orillion, along with The Order, planned a plan to use this in order to make the organization the most powerful between the terror organizations in Sirius. This is not simple, and therefore they need the most advanced pilots known. One of them would be Trent, and along with him King and Juni come too. The Order assembles all of their best pilots, as they already did before, to send them to the unknown frontier.
    For screenshors: TimeLancer mod for Freelancer - Mod DB

Now, what I'm releasing here is a test mod which contains only the forst mission (a and b). I want YOU, those who volunteer to test, to give me feedback and report any bugs. Also, I'm adding a pole here that asks you about the difficulity of the NPCs.

Download HERE!
    (If doesn't work, try this.)

Requirements:
    Freelancer Mod Manager (FLMM) 1.3 or higher.

Instructions:
    1. Unrar the file.
    2. Copy "TimeLancer" folder into the "mods" folder at FLMM's location.
    3. Launch FLMM and activate "Timelancer: Tester's Edition".
    4. Launch Freelancer.
    (Please remember to read the Readme)

Thanks to all those who volunteer!

So I've been recently working on a little project of my own I like to call "TimeLancer". This is a storyline mod which is a direct sequal to the original storyline and it goes like this:

The year is 804 AS. For 3 years The Order has been researching the Nomad structure found in the Dyson sphere. New findings were discovered and The Order was amazed to find out the secret behind this thing they called "hypergate" that sucked in the Nomads in the final battle.
    Orillion, along with The Order, planned a plan to use this in order to make the organization the most powerful between the terror organizations in Sirius. This is not simple, and therefore they need the most advanced pilots known. One of them would be Trent, and along with him King and Juni come too. The Order assembles all of their best pilots, as they already did before, to send them to the unknown frontier.

For screenshots: TimeLancer mod for Freelancer - Mod DB

Now, what I release here is only a test version which contains the first mission-and-a-half (a and b). I want YOU, those who wanna test, to give me feedback about any bugs. Those of you who understand in mission scripts may also look for the error in it and tell me.
    Also, I added a little poll for the feedback.

Requirements:
    Freelancer Mod manager 1.3 or above.
    Instructions:
    1. Unrar the archive.
    2. Copy the Timelancer folder to the "mods" folder in Freelancer Mod Manager's location.
    3. Open the Freelancer Mod Manager and activate "TimeLancer: Tester's Edition".
    4. Launch Freelancer.