Posts by Bobthemanofsteel

Copied from my TSP thread because I am a lazy git:

(I'll just put a mention that I'm looking for a 3D artist, too, but that isn't the purpose of this thread; pm me if interested)

Alright, so unlike most 'help needed' threads, I'm not looking for scripting help, or an artist, or anything like that. Really all I need is an ideas (wo?)man.

With FL10K development ceased, I've moved onto my own personal FL project, a total conversion based in a universe of my own creation (Originally for a Minecraft server, go figure ). Unfortunately I'm one of those people that needs someone to bounce off of before I can develop my own ideas.

Preferably it would be someone who knows FL quite well, even if it's not a modder. Someone who doesn't mind a random chat about it, and can tolerate me throwing ideas or questions at them out of the blue.

Seeing as you can't be much help unless you like the overarching idea of the mod, it's a very Halo-inspired near(ish)-future universe. Instead of aliens you've got the colonial rebellion which has gotten out of hand and sprung up as an opposing government. With guns. Perhaps best of all, the only 'lasers' about are invisible!

Ugh, I don't even really know what I hope to get out of this, but we'll see, right? Maybe someone is as insane as I am and will get what I mean. xD

Anyway, let me know!

EDIT: Oh and, skype or steam would be good, only IM I use.

You have 27 unread private messages:
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot
    Happy Birthday from Bot

Yeah, okay, thanks.

Law Enforcement steps in when people break the law, hence the name.
    Granted, in some cases, they are used to enforce things that aren't explicitly laws, but that doesn't seem to be the case here.

Even in that one picture of the bloodied man on the ground. People will assume, just from that, that the riot police were the ones that did that too him. Maybe that's true, but you'll note that the pictured officer doesn't even have his baton readied, and appears to be dropping it to help the man.

Obviously it's just speculation, but it is their job to enforce the law, whether those laws benefit the citizens or not.
    They need to eat, their families need to eat, and in the end they're in the same boat as everyone else.

My point here is don't take it out on the people enforcing the laws, take it out on those creating them. Even that can be done in a manner that doesn't require the intervention of the former.

EDIT: I swear to god, people probably escalate these incidents for the very purpose of putting the government in the spotlight. Mayhaps a decent tactic, but it's certainly no better than those they're trying to dethrone.

There will be a level of corruption in any government (that works), remove the system and you remove order.
    A loss of order results in... Well, Folgore just showed us.

I won't pretend to know what it's like in Italy or the Netherlands, but in my opinion 'the system' is required to allow us to enjoy mostly safe lives.
    I shudder to imagine what would happen if the police and military stopped defending it.

I believe it's the goods.ini entry that defines what you can see, have you got those there or in the shiparch/weapon_equip inis?

EDIT: As for dll editing for infocards, you're looking for FLED-IDS or FLDEV.