Posts by Laconda

I already found tutorials to make new weapons and it works well.

But how can I define a new name for the new weapon and adjust the weapon statistics for damage, velocity, ...?

Would be very nice if this could be correctly shown when I buy the new weapon.

Thanks. Is there the possibility of setting a fixed drop-chance?
    ...or even make it random which equipment a ship uses at each encounter?

Doesnt work on my system. What could be the problem?

The normal storyline mission "videos" can be skipped if you set the duration in the corresponding files to a low value. For example:

DATA/SCRIPTS/STORY/s032a_offer_dexter_br_05_bar_01.thn
    (...and the other "s032..."-files except "s032e_decision_dexter_br_05_bar_01.thn" which gives you the option of taking or decling the mission)

first line:
    duration=47.736

I've set it to
    duration=1 ; 47.736

And it works. It jumps directly to the mission-offer.

Also, all "fidget"-files may not be altered in duration. They seem to place the NSCs where they should be.

Hello,

which scripts in which folders are responsible for the "video"-sequences for docking, undocking, gate/hole travel, ...?

The normal storyline mission "videos" can be skipped if you set the duration in the corresponding files to a low value. For example:

DATA/SCRIPTS/STORY/s032a_offer_dexter_br_05_bar_01.thn
    (...and the other "s032..."-files except "s032e_decision_dexter_br_05_bar_01.thn" which gives you the option of taking or decling the mission)

first line:
    duration=47.736

I've set it to
    duration=1 ; 47.736

And it works. It jumps directly to the mission-offer.

I guess it could work the same way with the other scripts.

Hi again,

is it possible to make stations and planets ignore the reputation, when I want to dock the ship?

Also, is it possible to ignore the reputation when it comes to getting missions in the bar?

Greetings and thanks in advance for every hint,
    Laconda

Hello,

how can I change the Ships and Equipment of the enemies I meet in Space? Which Files do I have to alter?

And is it possible to make it random? For example, that there is a slight chance for a ship to carry (and use) a certain Weapon and might drop it, when it is destroyed?

Also, is it possible to make destroyed ships drop their shields and thrusters also, when destroyed?

Greetings,
    Laconda

Good morning and thanks for your answer!

Alt+Enter doesnt work on my system. Do I have to edit options or something like that for this to work?

And for the mission videos - which lines would I have to edit? The ones like "offer = scriptsstorys009a_offer_King_li_01_Bar_01.thn"?

Which files are the mission videos? Maybe they can be replaced by something shorter?

Widescreen works fine for me. With 1 exception: the Nav-Map has a wrong grid (1-8, A-H, but 12x12 fields), so its hard to find correct coordinates.

Does anybody know which file contains the picture which is used for the grid? Maybe I can just manipulate this so it fits in the end...

Or is there another solution?
    The size of the Nav-Map adjusts together with the adjustments for the screen in camera.ini. Can it be manipulated separately somehow?

Edit: the "Reveal All Map"-option of the "Ioncross" Savegame-Editor shows all map entries, so its not that necessary anymore to work with exact coordinates...

Hello,

I already tried several tutorials (creating gates, systems, ...), and even the OpenSP-Mod, but I cant get it to work.
    1.) How can I open/use the Gates without playing the campaign (storyline)?

Even with OpenSP, I get the message "Zugang verweigert" (access denied in my german version). I tried to raise my level to 30 with char editor, because I thought maybe its a level thing, but it didnt help.

Deleting or deactivating (";") the "locked_gate"-entries in DATA/initialworld.ini and/or the savegame (in unmodded version) didnt help either.

1.a) Is there a possibility to use an alternative "method" for the gates/holes for the jump? Like a "dockable" version?

1.b) Maybe I can use a Mission-routine that opens the gates? Because they open during the storyline in the missions. So there should be the possibility to just put this routines into the first mission maybe? Then I would just have to do this mission, could explore the universe then, and still finish the storyline later.

1.c) Could the reason be that there are requirements like reputation or something?

2. Is there a complete list for the codes? Or maybe a tool to read/list those? Codes like...
    locked_gate = 2926089285 = which gate/system? [initialworld.ini]
    nickname = Li01_to_Li03 = which systems? [li01.ini: NY to Colorado]
    ids_name = 260912 = which gate? [li01.ini: Colorado]

Edit: very easy way to solve this -> "Ioncross" Savegame-Editor; the "Unlock Gates"-option works perfectly there. Though I would like to know how exactly... ;-)

Greetings,
    Laconda