Posts by KarrMcDebt

Not yet. All of the existing factions in the mod were there when the 18.2f mod (based on the freeworlds 1.66) was released.

NPC's and faction work was next on the list. I was planning on changing a couple of the existing factions (like the sith, wich have no place in the Yuuzhan Vong series) instead of creating new factions.

Hmmm,...

Now correct me if I'm wrong, but can't you add the mod to the demo version of freelancer? If thats the case then there won't be a proble with the whole copy infringement issue since you just distributing a demo thats modded.

Not that they would be happy about it, but it should remove any legal issues.

I'll do some experimenting with adding a mod to the demo and post the results.

KarrMcDebt

<update>

I should mention that I'm working on a variation of the 1.66 mod which is a Total Changeover mod.
    With this T.C. mod I was able to mod the demo and it seems to be fully funcional.
    I've installed and copied it to a jump drive and it seems fine.
    So now it seems that all I have to do is zip it up and use a self extracting exe. (I think.) I'll post an update when I find out.

<WARNING!!!>
    Using this procedure could put you at risk for legal problems stemming from Copyright infringement. Distributing modified copys of freelancer that do not require the original disk is a violation of the licence agreement.

That being said, here is how to do it. Do so at your own risk.

If you already have the mod installed and acivated you can skip the first 3 steps.

1. Install Freelancer
    2. Install Freelancer Mod Manager
    3. Install and activate the mod.

4. Copy the Freelancer directory to the desktop (so you can remove any .flmmbak files without fragging your Freelancer game.)
    5. Create any custom icons (32 X 32 pixels) save into "Copy of Freelancer" folder
    6. Create a custome installer picture (93x302 pixels in .bmp format)save into "Copy of Freelancer" folder

7. Click search and search within the new folder for *.flmmbak and delet all that are found.
    8. Return to the inside of the "Copy of Freelancer" folder and select all files.
    (be sure to include all hidden/system files)
    9. Right click and select "Add to Archive"
    10. Rename the file to the name of your mod.
    11. Put a checkmark in the "Create SFX archive"
    12. Click on the Advanced tab at the top of the winrar window.
    13. Click on the "SFX options"
    14. Rename "path to extract" to the name of the folder you want installed into C:\Program Files directory.
    15. Be sure there is a dot in the program files selection.
    16. (optional) in the "run before extraction" box you can enter a music file to play during install.
    17. Verify that there is a checkmark in the "Save and restore paths".
    18. Select on the Advance tab at the top. Click on the "Add Shortcuts" button.
    19. Verify that "Desktop" is selected (or startmenu/programs)
    20. In the Soruce file box enter "Freelancer.exe" Rename the "Shortcut name" to the name of your mod. In the "shortcut icon" box enter the name of your custom icon.
    Click OK.
    21. Select the update tab. (IMPORTANT) Be sure "extract and update" and "overwrite all files" is selected. (this allows for updating)
    22. Select the Text and Icon tab. In the "Title of SFX window" enter the name for your installer program.
    23. In the text window enter any information you want the installer to read while installing, such as information on the mod, the address of the forums. Its a good idea to include a explanation of what your installer is doing, like letting them know that its installing everything into c:\program files\XXXXyourmodXXX and that its putting a shortcut on the desktop.
    24. (optional)In the "Load SFX logo from file" brouse to the 93X302 bmp file you made earlier. In the "Load the SFX icon from file" brouse to custom icon you made earlier.
    25. Click OK. Click OK at the bottom of the winrar window and it will begin compiling the installer file. (it will leave the new file in the "CopyofFreelancer" folder.)
    26. Copy your new installer program to the desktop and delete the "CopyofFreelancer" folder.

Now you have your All-In-One game installer. You will still need your orriginal Freelancer disk available for any Vanilla Freelancer mod as the orriginal exe is not replaced. However, when you run the installer it will create the game in its own dirrectory, leaving your actual freelancer directory unchanged. You will still be able to use Freelancer Mod manager to handle all other mods.

KarrMcDebt

the server will start, but it crashes right away when you try and log on.

I haven't done any exe hacks other than changing the exe version from 18.2 to 1.69.

I'll try the "unmodded 1.1 flserver" with the version number changed trick and let you know if that helps.
    Otherwise, let me know what your flhook ini looks like. (what parts did you disable for it to be compatible?)

I've been trying to get flhook up and running, but I've had problems.
    Do you have any advice, the flhook ini should be very simular for you and me since I'm modding off of 18.2f.
    I've been wanting the FTL and the CapShip docking since they were introduced on the BSG server I was flying on.

I decided on this version because it was pretty stable, and it still had the options I wanted, they were removed right after this release. (Kamekazi and fighter squadrons)

I just got a few of EvilJedi's Yuuzhan Vong models converted in from z3r0x's Empire at War Forces of Corruption mod, and will be converting and importing at least a couple more as well as the Korchook Grand as a spacestaion.

Once I finish importing the new ships, the next step is creation of the Vong as an independant faction, with missions, comodoties and npc's, as well as incorportation of FLhook and its plugins.

Its taken me almost five years to get here. But now that I've put in several years of modding, I'm almost getting it figured out. Things only take forever to do now instead of forever and a day.

Thanks for you advice, and thanks for all the great work you've done for Freeworlds. Keep up the good works.

Is there a way to create a wpn that only affects jumpholes/jumpgates?

Its kind of a round about way to create an Interdictor that is functional.

We've done experiments with interdiction on a ship level, but it causes all npc's in the area of affect to become hostile.

I have the file converted to cmp format and I can see it in hard cmp, I have he DDS file for the skin, but even after importing it with the utf editor, the texture does not show up.
    What am I doing wrong?

The Freeworlds 1.69 New Jedi Order mod is now in development and testing.

Based from the first stable release of the FreeWorlds 1.66 TC mod (18.2f) it has been/will be further modified by the addition of the Yuuzhan Vong, and their ships and equipment (currently the Coral Skipper and the Miid-Roik are being tested as well as Coral Skipper Squadrons for fighters and Kamakazi Coral Skippers for Capital Ships)

Out of date factions, such as Mandelorians, Trade Federation, Krath and Ssi Ruuk will be replaced with Yuuzhan Vong.
    Out of timeline systems such as the star forge station will be removed.
    New systems planned include Helska and Bothawaui.

I've been working on this mod off and on since before the release of 1.66.
    Special thanks to Zaccar and CZW for saving Freeworlds and keeping it going.
    (Permision was recieved from CZW at the time I began development!)

If you'd like to check it out, We'd love to have you.

Links for Mods, Patches and files for testing/modding are available can be downloaded at our forums:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=165eu">http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=165eu</a><!-- m --> (game forum)

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=njo">http://www.phpbber.com/phpbb/index.php?mforum=njo</a><!-- m --> (Development fourm)

Thanks
    [Jedi-M]KarrMcDebt