Posts by razor1uk

Just thought I'd necro this thread, since it will be useful to new members wishing to get online without a Mod installed using the Global server Walkaround patch.

Request that link is made into part of a 'Sticky Thread' in a 'New Members FAQ/Useful Things' thread.

Commisar- Currently I have 'Discovery 4.84' (the latest full install from their site), Firefly Mod (as in a cargo ship that looks like the 'Serenity' Firelfly Class Freighter from the old TV series 'Firefly'), and 'New Sirus Order 1.0'.

As of yet though, I only have the firefly mod active, as I am still completing the vanilla story, currently just arrived in Rhineland, after Tekagi's Arch Mission 08.

I will try Discovery soon though.

Afla - (hope you don't mind me shortening your UN) Nice looking Light Fighter you have there, looking ever so slightly inspired by the 'Andromeda', the simplest ship design you have, Feth Me with a Basilisk Sideways!!

Did you get FLMM 1.3 or 1.4? If you have yety to install it, remember to back up your SP saves (in your Documents/My Games/Freelancer/...Attis/Single Player - or something like that) and the 'content.dll' in one of the .../Freelancer... folders.

To install into FLMM, just get your FLMM Mod file, select it, and drag and drop it into the 'Mod Window', sorted.

Alfa Astrix - Kinda late, but welcome.

Not quite sure what you meant Alfa, late replying?

Yep my avatar is based upon W40K 'Adeptus Mechanicus' Seal, although I've m odded it. POE is good, its basically another version of the game, and so quite big. For the moment there's an unexpected problem with the POE website, and is down. Hopefully it will be fixed soon.

Hi Commisar, sorry I myself cannot help you, apart from saying hello, nice collection of other forums your on, have you tried POE for BF2?

Back to Freelancer (or 'FL' for short), did you try the Dicovery Freelancer homepage?
    <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.discoveryfl.com">http://www.discoveryfl.com</a><!-- m -->
    or Google 'FLMM' (FL Mod Manager) 'v1.3' can be more stable than 'v1.4 beta' sometimes; depends on your system.

As to the other things, I don't know about them yet, I've only just joined Lancer Reactor, and since then, only been actively interested in searching for FL info online since then.

Good luck, and see you in the forums.

I dable in textures (mostly for my growing collection of personalised IL2 Pacific Fighters aircraft), and making Camouflage and other editing pics from Anime to post online for others.
    below is my razorCAMO page; some of my Camo designs, pics of me (please ignore) and other bits and bobs.

I should be able to at least help/advise/point you in the right direction, although I'm still learning GMAX myself and am proficient in AutoCAD & GIMP.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://profile.imageshack.us/user/razorcamo/">http://profile.imageshack.us/user/razorcamo/</a><!-- m -->

Thanks for the links, the Discovery one is more useful to me at the moment.
    Cheers, and thanks again. 8-)

Sorry guys if I was non-understandable, Bink deduced what I meant. Have a some threads for WIP Mods, Completed Mods, with descriptions about them for people to look at, and the Modders (the mod makers) to advertise them.

I will speak in a more normal English, than my usual forum English - which wasnt understood to well.

Quote from "iMac-Knight"

...though the Romulan Ale is synthetic. :mrgreen:

Romulan? Surely warmed Kusarian Sake would be more appropirate, even some Independants Moonshine (Firefly).

Speaking of Firefly (again,) would anyone know of a Firefly styled model/ship for Freelancer?

Then their should be a site rule/sticky info for Uploaders or Linkers...

'Please include a Description of what it is, and 'sell/make enticing' the Mod/Download for the communit, for them to consider getting/trying it.

Just thought I'd szy hi to all here, since I'm new; I only recently got into Freelancer enough to warrent fonding a forum for it. Recently while playing, I have been listening to varoius songs from the 'Firefly' Soundtrack Album (songs by Sonny Rhodes and Greg Edmonson) insted of the normal music - works quite well.

Anyways, I find Freelancer above average in some things and limited in others, but thats down to the politics of its writers, developement team and the Microsoft takeover of DA.

Normally I'm online at the Point Of Existence (a BF2 Mod; awarded Mod Of The Year 2007) or Veoh if I wont be here; same username 'razor1uk'.