Posts by Mike

engels I hope he start on the good spot
    halo I use Freelancer system Editor and I want make a black breach and neutronen stars but I dont no how that must be done someone how this must zauw which wants answer send then me with from leg in advance do not thank weet

sorry for the speling errors me English is not this way well.
    I hep for Dutch it typed in Dutch

Nederlands ik hoop hij staart op de goede plek
    halo ik gebruik Freelancer Systeem Editor en ik wil er een zwart gat in maken en neutronen sterren maar ik weet niet hoe dat moet weet iemand hoe dit moet zauw die dan antwoord willen sturen mij met uit leg alvast bedankt

Ugh, your arguments are irrelevant because those movies took place DURING the Cold War. I guess some of you don´t realise it, but the Cold War is OVER. It is no more. There is no longer a Soviet Union. God damn. How can you sit there and rationalise Russia as being a "commie bad guy?" THEY AREN´T A STALINIST COUNTRY ANYMORE. That´s like making a game where the enemy is Nazi Germany but the setting is in the year 1995, or making a game where we fight the English as if we were still in the American Revolution but it´s set in the future. What the hell is wrong with you that you can´t seem to grasp what I´m telling you, despite how much I break it down? Of course it´s just a game! But that doesn´t lend itself to irresponsibility through ignorance. Like I said, if it was something more politically incorrect, or something that related to you directly I really doubt half of you would still think "it is just a game." What if Nintendo64 came out with some game that was blatantly racist? Would it just be a game then? Would you suggest that people who were offended by it "lighten up?" The only reason you don´t care is either because of a sheer will to be ignorant or because it isn´t a factor of your lives so it isn´t all that important.

My point wasn´t which countries should be on the bad side or the good side, my point was that it doesn´t alleviate assumptions about who is "evil" and "good" inreal life. As for your argument that it was done because of the Cold War, in case you aren´t aware the Cold War has been over for more than a decade, so what relevance would it have in the future where this game is set? What if there was a game where you were a Nazi and the objective was to kill as many Jews as possible? Or a game called Slave Tycoon? Would you tell people who were offended by it to lighten up then? What about Wop Killer 2001? It isn´t about what countries or people are involved, or whether I´m "being too sensitive about it," it´s about creating acceptable and unacceptable forms of stereotyping and prejudice, which is really scary for people who are unlike you and actually think for themselves.