Posts by tanstaafl28

Greetings, I was active on the old site several years ago. I did some work on the Freelancer system maps and commodities chart. Someone else had made a chart, but I converted it to Excel and Acrobat. I even tried my hand at some short fan fiction.

It must have been 2005 or so. I have drifted off for a bit. I just started playing again. I played through the original game over the last couple of days and it is still as much fun as it was the first time. I had a binder with all sorts of notes and documentation on Freelancer.

A few years back, I bought Starlancer, and I bought a decent joystick, but it just doesn't have the scope and fun of Freelancer for me. I keep coming back to Freelancer. It has a great storyline and, despite its limitations, it had such great potential, and when Digital Anvil was assimilated (resistance is futile!) by Microsoft, they dropped it like a bad habit. I suppose their focus is on newer games and consoles. It is amazing just how many people still love this game!

Thanks to the admins for keeping the dream alive! :)

Greetings,

I was a member of the old Lancer's Reactor before all the chaos occurred. Guess there was a purge involved. I once did a pretty complete system map for Freelancer (with all the wrecks). I also improved upon the commodities trading spreadsheet. I even wrote a rather dubious short-story about Trent and Juni's wedding.

Since then, I got me a copy of Star Lancer, but Freelancer is still my fav. I really dug the characters, the depth of the "universe" and the "freestyle" option after the storyline was done. It won't be the first, nor the last, mistake Microsoft made after acquiring Digital Anvil to not do something with this title. It's the same tragedy I feel every time I see the short-lived Firefly TV series. Oh, and I HATE VISTA!