Posts by manticore

Hals 2007 server hosts the 1.40 Evolutions: the Mechanoids- this is a continuation of the Evo line from Pathfinder Studios, and is based in the last (1.30) 'mainline' version of the mod. Mod and repair patch available here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hal2007.eu/viewforum.php?f=14">http://www.hal2007.eu/viewforum.php?f=14</a><!-- m -->

Good server, good community.
    Well worth the look.

Frontierspace 1.75
    A large mod, lots of extra systems to explore, several more factions, three new Alien races ( along with their toys :twisted: ) capships available if you like. Well worth the time to check out, and it will work with Chips' open SP lite. Wireplay is currently hosting this mod, and you'll need to direct connect to their server :
    -s94.136.46.1:2302
    Ping times run around 120-130 for me ( Midwest US) but I've never had a lag issue

Evo 1.40: The Mechanoids
    the next chapter in the Evolutions series created by Pathfinder Studios.Same features as previous Evo releases along with a truly nasty set of Aliens, the Mechanoids. Relatively easy going in the core systems, but much tougher outside- this mod appears to be designed for squad based combat, as running across a spawnpoint can generate massive numbers of enemies.( I recall seeing the Death feature reporting that a player was " ..killed by 146 Nomads and 171 collisions", lol) Not a huge mod, but nicely proportioned in what there is.Weapons have been upgraded to hit harder, and shield selection is very important. Hosted by Rick and his team in the Czech Republic. Don't know if it's in the DL section here, but here's a link to the website:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.hal2007.eu/index.php">http://www.hal2007.eu/index.php</a><!-- m -->

Ping runs around 120-130 again for me, but it is a stable server with little lag.

Not the problem, :D

I needed to know how to load the texture library into Ms3d in order to texture a couple of projects I have brewing, but a few hours of noodling with it let me figure it out- I'll need that a bit later.

This sounds so lame, but...

Exactly how do I go about loading the texture library in? I'm using (or trying to use...) the converted .tga files from the '06 goodie package ( A wonderfully useful set of files, tutorials,etc in there- thanks for digging that up, Lancer Solarus :D) and I have the Pixillion converter if I need to use the original files.

Well, the best way to quit is not to start. And if you DO choose to smoke, understand what you're getting into :shock: I say this having been a smoker for...lessee, now...around 30 years. Yes, I'm firmly addicted to the nicotine, lol- last time I tried to quit the wife put up with me for about 3 weeks, then went and bought me a carton. Threatened to leave if I ever tried to quit again....

I used to smoke Marlboro 100's, did so for a looooong time. Then the prices went asymptotic after the first rounds of anti tobacco lawsuits (The companies had to recover it from somewhere, I would suppose, so I dont blame 'em.) and an alternative had to be found. A visit to the local tobacconist provided the answer in the form of loose leaf tobacco, tubes, and a little rolling machine that operates a lot like the slide on a pistol. Total cost for a 1 lb bag of said tobacco, 300 tubes, and the machine? $30.00 US.

That was then....

Recently, a tax bill was passed in Minnesota that levied an additional state tax of $1.00 per pack by weight, instead of by package.

This means that the 1 lb bag of tobacco I was able to purchase for around $19.00 US has become $39.99 US.

So, long and short- what used to cost around $50.00 US a month has now doubled. And there's another Federal tax of the same order being talked of. Ostensibly, it's to fund a new nat'l health care system. We'll see what comes of it.

Now, not that smoking is neccessarily a healthy choice, but rolling your own does have it's benefits- one, the tobacco isn't treated with all kinds of chemicals. Two, the filters are just cotton, with no regeants used on them( to the best of my knowledge) and rice paper is pretty much rice paper. Three, the cost 'was' within acceptable limits.

And I dont think all these well meaning individuals have really considered the long term affect of this- for example, which class is going to be the most adversely affected? Those who can least afford to pay this tax, as one example. I'ts much the same as with gasoline, really.

I wanna see the warning label on a pack that tells it like it is:" Warning: The Sturgeon Generalissimo has determined that your B****ing about my smoking could be hazardous to your health" :mrgreen:

Anyway, my two bit's worth...

I realize it's a bit after the fact, but....

Wireplay is currently running the Frontierspace 1.75 mod. Not a lot of folks on at this time, but one hopes that will change, lol.

A note: their FL server usually doesn't show when you use the FLGLS tool- havent tried any of the others, so I cant comment on 'em-so the best way is to direct connect to it.