Posts by adoxa

Now I'm confused. Are you saying that you have a level 38 game with completed storyline that doesn't offer you jobs on Crete, but you change the level to 5 and it does? That makes no sense at all. Would you mind sending me that file?

As for progress, I mean where you are in the story. For a single player game, the player's difficulty level is based on the values in rankdiff, which is determined from the MissionNum value in the savegame. That's why FL Hack's "Higher paying jobs" worked, because it uses the multiplayer code. It's also why you shouldn't mix savegames from the two content.dll versions, because the numbers changed (1.0 is completely sequential, but 1.1 skips 6, going from 5 to 7). Since Freelancer tests for a specific number, you'll never be able to advance level.

Okay, let's try again. Activated Discovery 4.84 with OpenSP, started in Omicron Theta because I'm stupid, so save the game, hack it to Crete, need to be friendlier, hack it again, no problem ($740,000, wow!) because I automatically used FL Hack, so I guess the OP didn't want to try that. Restarted without FL Hack, still no problem. Hm, okay, guess you're not running Discovery, then. Okay, deactivate Discovery, find a level 5 save game at the start of Mission 3, hack it to Crete, forget to change rep, hack again, "more advanced pilot". Finally. Change level to 38, still no good. Change back to 5, exit, put a 4 in front of all the rankdiff values, restart, works. Which is what I said, it's not dependent on level, but on progress.

Ah, you wanted the hash code! If you had've mentioned initialworld in the first place... I do have a program that generates the hash, but I never released it. I also have a list of every nickname, all 25567 of 'em (1.3MB). That doesn't include the audio "msg" ones (3268 of those). If anyone's interested...

Okay, after a little bit of mucking about to get it activated (didn't like my patch or 1.1 server.dll), FL Hack worked fine, both in starting Freelancer and with it already running. Did you try starting FL via FL Hack? The "handle" error is when it tries to access the already-running FL. I don't know what else to suggest.

If he's using FLExplorer he should already have it - when you move the mouse over a system you see the name under the cursor and the nickname in the caption. But don't ask my anything else about FLExplorer, I don't use it... Though I guess that's not much help if you don't know where the system is, or just have the nickname, in which case FLStat can provide one from the other (provided the mod is installed), by sorting the appropriate column and looking at the other.

I'm not sure what you want. For example, the vanilla New York to Texas jump hole is: nickname = Li01_to_Li04_hole; ids_name = 260916. You could use FLStat to look up Li01 and Li04 (sort by "System Nickname" on the Bases tab) and my StrID program to convert the number to a string (but it usually won't work with ids_info entries). Maybe you need an FLexplorer user to help you...

No, rankdiff controls the maximum difficulty of jobs (when it tells you to become a more advanced pilot). As the OP hinted, it's hardcoded into content.dll. I should be able to change it, including the requirement for the next level (also separate from ptough). Of course, you're pretty much stuck with the first two levels. Since you say you want multiples of three, does that mean Mission 2 still occurs at level 3, then it adds another free time after that? So: complete the first part of Mission 1 -> advance to level 1; second part -> level 2; free time -> level 3; Mission 2 -> level 4; free time -> level 5; free time -> level 6; Mission 3 -> level 7; ... Do you want anything different for Missions 6 to 7 (which you pretty much may as well take straight away) and the later missions which must be accepted? Do you want 1.0 or 1.1 content.dll? Or a hook dll? Or just the info and you can code it yourself?

If you're playing single player, you could try FL Hack. It has what I've called "Hypercruise", where if you hold control whilst starting cruise, you can jump between 25 and 50K.

You could try FL Hack's "All objects on Nav Map" option - that would allow you to select the base/system from the list. If the mod hasn't already done so, and you're playing single player, use "Best path uses jump holes" to plot a course (provided the mod has updated the path files; otherwise close Freelancer, delete DATA\UNIVERSE\*path.ini and restart, letting Freelancer regenerate the paths).

I've also discovered that when playing the story (and single player in general), it's actually your progress through the story that determines the difficulty of the jobs you can take. It's controlled by the DATA\MISSIONS\rankdiff.ini file. If you change all those numbers to the same as the Mission_End number, you should be able to do any job at any time (subject to the level requirement).

Generally speaking, jump gates are nicknamed FROM_to_TO and holes are FROM_to_TO_hole, where FROM and TO are the system nicknames. Search the DATA\UNIVERSE\SYSTEM\*\*.ini files to find them. A number of options are available to translate nicknames to strings, some of which are on my site.

I don't think I'm doing anything new here, but I'll mention it anyway. Quite a while ago I noticed an additional two weapon hardpoints on the Sabre. Not so long ago I noticed the Starflier has a torpedo hardpoint. I finally took the time to go through all the available player ships and see what else was missing. The result is BonusHp, an FLMM mod that activates the "new" hardpoints. Barracuda, Centurion, Piranha and Stiletto all get a turret; Hammerhead gets another gun; Sabre gets another two guns; Starflier gets a cruise disruptor; and the biggest surprise is the Anubis: an additional gun, two torpedoes/disruptors and two thrusters.

You could use my Eagle mission as a starting point. Change ship_archetype to co_elite2, engine to ge_coe2_engine_01 and power to co_elite2_power01. I think you could get away with leaving everything else as-is, but if you want the proper Titan loadout, have a look at coe2_package in DATA\EQUIPMENT\goods.ini. If you don't want to start with the supplied weapons (2xTizona del Cid, 2xSalamanca Mk II, 4xNomad Energy Blaster, Rapier Turret, Salamanca Turret), and you're not already using anything else, grab FLStat to find the nicknames of the equipment (along with lots of other useful information).

Okay, I did manage to get it working, but only using the "Coqpit" (gee, that's a sensitive censor) view and autolevel has to be off, otherwise it just rolls right back again. Copy the lines below to your DATA\INTERFACE\keylist.ini file (unpack it first):

Code
    1. [key]
    2. id = USER_Z_ROTATE
    3. [key]
    4. id = USER_Z_UNROTATE

(The X and Y keys just duplicate existing functionality.)

Now copy these lines to DATA\INTERFACE\keymap.ini, under the IDR_COCKPIT section:

Code
    1. key = USER_Z_ROTATE
    2. key = USER_Z_UNROTATE

Start Freelancer, bring up the Control options, and now you should see keys for "Rotate Clockwise" and "UnRotate Clockwise".

I shall add this to the next release of my patch, although I might rename the descriptions.

I've put up a patched version of this on my site. It adds "Hull Dmg/s" and "Power/s" columns to the Guns tab; uses the "Show blank names" option to remove Class 0 Guns/Missiles and Ships with an Impulse Speed of 0; uses degrees instead of radians; and fixes the "Shield Dmg" value.

As has been mentioned, finding this stuff depends on how much you want to be spoiled. You could probably determine there are Star Trek ships just by looking at the names of the ship files (DATA\SHIPS). If that doesn't work, or you want to know where they are, I'd suggest FLStat. Select the Ships tab, browse the names for Star Trek-looking ones, click them and see the bases that sell them. Of course, that's not much help since you haven't been there, so grab FL Hack and turn on its "All objects on Nav Map" and "Best path uses jump holes" options. Now you can select the base from the list and use Best Path to get there (if Best Path doesn't work, exit FL, delete DATA\UNIVERSE\systems_shortest_path.ini and restart). If you don't want further spoilers, "All objects" can be toggled whilst you're playing.

I tried adding rolling, but whilst I thought it worked, it wouldn't work again. It was using the USER_?_ROTATE (where ? is X, Y or Z) and corresponding UNROTATE keys. I'll try again... My unofficial patch also has vertical strafing.