Posts by Resender

i just got the sims 2 nightlive so i´m going to spend a litlle less time but today i really want to finish the 2nd of the 10 systems i want to add off course if i cant have 11 jump points in NY system i got some problem maybe is should move the gate to collorado sytem maybe you could help with something else you know the ring in rheinland space i wanto to remake it but ------ this how the ring looks like in rheinland / / & this how i want it second you know the space station type that newark is of i want to create 4 of these togheter so that the semi circle part of the 4 station form a complet circle so i tested the jump gate instead of a jump gate from new York to New Belgium jump gate from Colorado to new Belgium (near Planet Denver jump hole from new York to Normandy was the 10th jump object in the system its no big deal the story of the mod isn´t much affected Edited by - Resender on 9/14/2005 4:49:28 AM

now is halve solved it i think that my loacation of the gate was just outside what the game allows as legal it was between Maine & Pitsburg so im going to move it somewhere else second problem i got a trojan called Backdoor.Bla i´m trying to remove it now hopefully its not to late solved the trojan Edited by - Resender on 9/14/2005 1:16:29 AM

9 files restored and 0 directories deleted Error: FLMM has determined that ´AoE´ won´t properly deactivate. Warning: unable to restore ´c:program filesmicrosoft gamesfreelancerexefreelancer.ini´ because no backup exists! (test run) It happend again & trhis the result im allso thinkig it damges the Li01 sector since suddently there was no open space around Pitsburg & maine maybe it is because i started gate in New belgium & then to new york i created again but from NY to New Belgium there´s several pisbilities 1)jump gates & new factions (no go 2)maybe i forgot to patch freelancer when i got it reinstalled couple of days ago 1) Noramndy is NEB01, New Belgium is NE01 maybe this isn´t allowed 4)i dunno jump holes work fine solved it i made the rep of the liberty police instead of NESA Edited by - Resender on 9/13/2005 2:30:36 PM Edited by - Resender on 9/13/2005 2:37:55 PM

we got the Normandy system (just need to ad the Trix base and there way in to the other system Names are showing correctly within game, NEN wplatforms attack nomads, asteroid types don´t attack nomads (Name characters on bases still need some work the come New Belgium, the main system of the new systems after New Belgium is done i´ll be able to get hold on doing missions with the factions since New Belgium holds a base for the 4 lawful onces seen skirmish between Bounty Hunters Trix note: need to replace weapons trix with something less efficient i know the BHG offers missions against the trix at Freeport 21 in the Normandy system but because i´m neutral i haven´t been able to get a hold on them things to do after this 1)bring missions systems & patrols in order 2)after the missions are in order the biggest thing will be to define a battleship style for the NEN, most of the ships of the NEN are either Bretonia, Rheinland or Kusaris ships, no Liberty but i want to add a kind for the NEN, & i was thinking about the Hiigaran battlecruiser of HW2 3)add new fighters and music Edited by - Resender on 9/13/2005 12:25:56 PM

ive done exactly that but haven´t had to chance to test if i could create missions beeen very busy i just made a debris for my unlawfull faction to hang out well they don´t target me they just continue they allso are not targetable there targetable outside the field maybe because i added qsome havey sensor disruption going to check on that check it was sensor inteference allso i noticed that the new factions aren´t available to do patrols Edited by - Resender on 9/13/2005 10:57:59 AM Edited by - Resender on 9/13/2005 11:56:37 AM

i´ve done everything now i added the first system of course because of the custom dll & factions the names aren´t saved but instead they look random corrected them all i think allso it looks like my new factions don´t attack nomads have to test futher still working on new missions for new system Edited by - Resender on 9/13/2005 7:58:01 AM

[Resources DLL = InfoCards.dll ; Contains all infocard text resources DLL = MiscText.dll ; Contains other bulk text resource: rumor, offer, and mission text DLL = NameResources.dll ; Contains names of things, primarily. DLL = EquipResources.dll ;Contains names of equipment (in string table) and infocards for equipment (in HTML resources) DLL = OfferBribeResources.dll ; Contains random mission offers and bribes DLL = MiscTextInfo2.dll ;Contains MP UI elements as well as other misc. text DLL = AoEnames.dll ;containsthe custom faction names plus the bases i added<<< NEN name:458753 NEP name:458756 NESA name:458759 IS&MR name:458762 Trix name:458765^ link to the post of this mod when i tried it the first time http://board.modsplanet.com/lofiversion/index.php?t702.html Edited by - Resender on 9/12/2005 2:21:21 PM

i´ve mutli played tested 4 stations within liberty new york they worked only no base name or faction added to rep list but mace i followed you advice and wanted to add random missions (i understood how to do t (most part that is several probs 1)i use a custom dll to hold my names into it =>step 1 for adding custom faction is to take the ids number and add 131834 to it Here come my problem FLEd-ids says he saves the string but it isn´t saved (found out why the dll doesn hold enough string tables to get to the right numbers i´ll use the room in between for base names planets ect... its 11 pm now here & need to get up early in the morning Edited by - Resender on 9/12/2005 2:03:57 PM

i finished with the work o,n the relationschips between factions but now i want to dothe random missions but i feel like i running in circles Unicornz explanation is correct, but i´m not exactly sure how to add new missions to new systems i just did a test & found out that the new factions arent added to rep i think this allso has something to do with random missions Edited by - Resender on 9/12/2005 11:16:51 AM

i havent tested the singleplayer yet but i just made list in excell for the 5 new factions in which i say pex New Europe Navy NEN A N E Nickname Ids-nr Name li_n_grp 196846 Liberty Navy nee ja nee li_lsf_grp 196847 Liberty Security Force nee ja nee li_p_grp 196848 Liberty Police, Inc. nee ja nee br_n_grp 196849 Bretonia Armed Forces ja nee nee br_p_grp 196850 Bretonia Police nee ja nee ku_n_grp 196851 Kusari Naval Forces ja nee nee ku_p_grp 196852 Kusari State Police nee ja nee rh_n_grp 196853 Rheinland Military ja nee nee rh_p_grp 196854 Rheinland Police nee ja nee ja = yes nee = no A=ally N=neutral E=enemy you get the general picture off course thats te initial world.ini the emphaty.ini is going to be much harder Edited by - Resender on 9/12/2005 3:46:13 AM

Okay i added the new factions & they work now adding new bases before it was easy just add base & it appears in game but now i add base the faction of the base appearts but no the base name ok i found out how it works it works like this sytem.ini contains links to the ini of bases pex BR01 => Br01.ini [Object nickname = Br01_08 <<<= nick of the base ids_name = 196665 <<<= the ID number of the name in the DLL pos = -45169, 0, -49370 archetype = space_port_dmg <<<=type of station ids_info = 65725 <<<=the infopad base = Br01_08_Base <<<= i got no freaking idea why these 2 lines do but i think it dock_with = Br01_08_Base ///has something to do with linking to the docks reputation = fc_j_grp <<<=the faction behavior = NOTHING visit = 0 voice = atc_leg_m01<<<voice & face of greeting person space_costume = sh_male4_head, pl_male3_journeyman_body loadout = space_port_dmg_pi_02<<<=loadout if windows is based on the same principales no wonder that it can be so unstable so next stop i´m doing is the systems then ships allso need to make the info for the factions, i used the same for all in these 2 days ive done more then in 3 months last time i thank you all again i called the crimanals Trixters Trix short named after the 3 bad wicthes in Winx Club Edited by - Resender on 9/11/2005 1:35:59 PM

If you follow what Tabu34 has said about adding initial_world and empathy and add the faction_prop by copying from existing factions. Get everything in there except the ids_name, info, and short_name. The short_name can be in a custom dll if you want to, or anywhere else in the names_resources.dll (as far as I know). Does that mean that when i copy the other factions i leave out the lines with ids_name, info, and short_name numbers in allso i got the empty dll but i don´t fully understand thhe tutorial thus in initialworld.ini like this [Group nickname = Ns_nen_grp rep = 0.91, li_n_grp rep = 0.91, li_lsf_grp rep = 0.91, li_p_grp rep = 0.65, br_n_grp rep = 0.65, br_p_grp rep = 0.65, ku_n_grp rep = 0, ku_p_grp rep = 0.65, rh_n_grp rep = 0, rh_p_grp rep = 0.65, co_alg_grp rep = 0.65, co_be_grp rep = 0.65, br_m_grp rep = 0.65, co_nws_grp rep = 0.91, co_hsp_grp rep = 0.91, co_ic_grp rep = 0, co_khc_grp rep = 0.65, co_kt_grp rep = 0, rh_m_grp rep = 0.91, co_me_grp rep = 0.91, co_ni_grp rep = 0.91, co_os_grp rep = 0.65, co_rs_grp rep = 0.65, co_shi_grp rep = 0.91, co_ss_grp rep = 0.65, co_ti_grp rep = 0.91, co_vr_grp rep = 0, fc_bd_grp rep = 0, fc_b_grp rep = -0.65, fc_c_grp rep = 0, fc_fa_grp rep = 0, fc_g_grp rep = 0, fc_gc_grp rep = 0, fc_h_grp rep = 0, fc_j_grp rep = -0.65, fc_lh_grp rep = -0.65, fc_lr_grp rep = 0, fc_lwb_grp rep = 0, fc_m_grp rep = -0.65, fc_ou_grp rep = 0, fc_rh_grp rep = 0, fc_or_grp rep = -0.65, fc_u_grp rep = -0.65, fc_x_grp rep = 0, gd_gm_grp rep = 0, fc_uk_grp rep = -0.65, fc_n_grp rep = 0.91, fc_ln_grp rep = 0.65, fc_kn_grp rep = 0.65, fc_rn_grp rep = 0, fc_ouk_grp rep = 0, fc_q_grp rep = 0, fc_f_grp rep = 0, gd_im_grp rep = 0, gd_z_grp rep = 0, gd_bh_grp rep = 0, Ns_nep_grp rep = 0, Ns_nesa_grp rep = 0, Ns_ismr_grp rep = 0, Ns_unlaw_grp i like to thank you all for the help you´ve already given me and the help in the future Edited by - Resender on 9/11/2005 7:41:16 AM Edited by - Resender on 9/11/2005 7:56:28 AM

i managed to add my faction only to find out that the id was used by an other faction so i replaced the dll of the mod with the original but now before i continue can you ad more the 1 faction & how do you create new id numbers for these factions i need 5 faction New Europe Navy // NE Navy New Europe Police // NEP New Europe Space Authority // NESA Industrial Steel & Mineral Reforming // IS&MR a criminal faction i haven´t decide on a name yet I did something wrong i left my test mod open and tried to open the dll with as consequence that fled-ids doesnt find the dll files anymore i´m going to reinstall every thing Edited by - Resender on 9/11/2005 5:29:39 AM Edited by - Resender on 9/11/2005 5:51:52 AM

Now i understand what must be done but i just can´t find what i´m doing wrong 1)i made the ini added new faction although i think this is not correct [Group nickname = ne_n_grp ids_name = New Europe Navy ids_info = 66220 ids_short_name = NE Navy 2)i copied the liberty navy part & repllaced the li_n_grp with ne_n_grp & removed gcs 3)i used a save game editor (simple save game editor on site to edit)to edit the newplayer & notepad for the mpnewplayer added house = 0, ne_n_grp now FLE did not show a new faction so i think i have something wrong in the order or place of the files do i keep the ini & newplayer files within the original folder or can i copy them before editing the saves allso where do i get this openSP Edited by - Resender on 9/10/2005 5:32:00 PM

i´ve done that but i feel like i´m turning in circles here can anyone help me by showing a working example this what i got now initialworld.ini [Group nickname = ne_n_grp ids_name = New Europe Navy ids_info = 66220 ids_short_name = NE Navy rep = 0, li_n_grp rep = 0, li_lsf_grp rep = 0, li_p_grp rep = 0, br_n_grp rep = 0, br_p_grp rep = 0, ku_n_grp rep = 0, ku_p_grp rep = 0, rh_n_grp rep = 0, rh_p_grp rep = 0, co_alg_grp rep = 0, co_be_grp rep = 0, br_m_grp rep = 0, co_nws_grp rep = 0, co_hsp_grp rep = 0, co_ic_grp rep = 0, co_khc_grp rep = 0, co_kt_grp rep = 0, rh_m_grp rep = 0, co_me_grp rep = 0, co_ni_grp rep = 0, co_os_grp rep = 0, co_rs_grp rep = 0, co_shi_grp rep = 0, co_ss_grp rep = 0, co_ti_grp rep = 0, co_vr_grp rep = 0, fc_bd_grp rep = 0, fc_b_grp rep = 0, fc_c_grp rep = 0, fc_fa_grp rep = 0, fc_g_grp rep = 0, fc_gc_grp rep = 0, fc_h_grp rep = 0, fc_j_grp rep = 0, fc_lh_grp rep = 0, fc_lr_grp rep = 0, fc_lwb_grp rep = 0, fc_m_grp rep = 0, fc_ou_grp rep = 0, fc_rh_grp rep = 0, fc_or_grp rep = 0, fc_u_grp rep = 0, fc_x_grp rep = 0, gd_gm_grp rep = 0, fc_uk_grp rep = -0.99, fc_n_grp rep = 0, fc_ln_grp rep = 0, fc_ku_grp rep = 0, fc_rh_grp rep = 0, fc_ouk_grp rep = 0, fc_q_grp rep = 0, fc_f_grp rep = 0, gd_im_grp rep = 0, gd_z_grp rep = 0, gd_bh_grp emphaty.ini [RepChangeEffects group = ne_n_grp event = object_destruction, -0.030000 event = random_mission_success, 0.085900 event = random_mission_failure, -0.045000 event = random_missin_abortion, -0.067500 emphaty_rate = li_lsf_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = li_n_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = li_p_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = br_n_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = br_p_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = ku_n_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = ku_p_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = rh_n_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = rh_p_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_shi_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_khc_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_kt_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = br_m_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_me_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_be_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_rs_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_vr_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_ni_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = rh_m_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_ti_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_ic_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_ss_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_hsp_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_alg_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_os_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = co_nws_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_c_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_ou_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_rh_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_bd_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_j_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_h_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_m_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_x_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_b_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_g_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_lh_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_u_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_gc_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_lwb_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_fa_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_lr_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_or_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = gd_gm_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_uk_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_n_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_ln_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_kn_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_rn_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_ouk_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_g_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = fc_f_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = gd_im_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = gd_z_grp, 0 emphaty_rate = gd_bh_grp, 0 i still have to do the ships but that part i don´t really understand very well allso will it be possibale to get this new gfaction in freelancer explorer or do i have to work the ini of the system as well Remember i once started to devellop a mod for freelancer called Archangels of Europe I´m picking up the thread where i left 1.5 years ago, but now i´m going to do like a hobby so i can´t promise it will ever be released if there people who want to give me models there more then welcome 2 if i get custom models could someone help me to incoperate these Edited by - Resender on 9/10/2005 3:23:01 PM