Posts by DansTheMan

Well, to get to the jump-gate just discover the mines at Zone-21. Then open your Navigational Map and you should see diamonds of dust where Zone-21 is, one of the mines should have one quarter cut out of it, set a waypoint there and head towards it. Just to the East of that cut out, is an opening where you can travel freely to the gate without the intrusion of mines. This is the exact same path that the SinglePlayer missons uses.

Now, about IFCE (Ioncross Freelancer Character Editor) you first have to select a saved game from the list (by clicking on it and pressing the Edit game button). A new window should appear and will load the save game file. Now, in the bottom right of that window are two checkboxes, one of them is: Unlock all Jumpgates/holes; and the other is: Reveal entire nav map to player. Click on the Unlock all Jumpgates/holes and click on Save. Now, close all IFCE windows and launch Freelancer as usual and launch your saved game in which you editied earlier.

Hope this made it easier for you ^^

Quote from "Forsaken"

The mod you can download from the Shattered Worlds website is a Multiplayer only mod. Go to THIS THREAD for more info on the multiplayer mod.

I'm working on a Open SP version when I get free time... hopefully it gives people a "taste" and they will want to try the Multiplayer version.

Would you need the FL List Server patch to access the server? Or is the IP added to the Freelancer.ini file?

Also, it would be great for it to be Singleplayer :D (not just Open SP, but for the storyline as-well) with more storyline triggers' etc :p

I'll give it a shot (/me hopes he's not too late) ;)

I'll be testing it on Windiws XP and Windows 7 for your convenience ;)

And all your DB-Software and their auto-updaters! :p

Just wondering, but if you cancel the installation then resume, will it start all over again or continue from the left off spot?

Quote from "iceman"

yeah back again,initally thought norton anti virus was keeping me from playing freelancer, so i asked around lancers,got a lot of good info and suggestions about my pc,alfa matrix and lance warrior i beleive that's their names, helped me out tremendousely,as i searched the problem further,there was an additional problem. called hp did some trouble shooting with them intially thought it was a h.d. problem couldnt find 1. so hp asked me to send laptop to them so i did was without a pc for 2 weeks wasnt about to use my 8 year old dell intel pc..cant imagine why lol,hp called me 2 days later found out the system board was shot they replaced it free of charge, no out of pocket expense[ hp tech support, they speak ENGLISH thought i died and gone to pc heaven]obviously norton is no more using kapersky quite pleased with them, btw thanx alfa matrix and lancewarrior :D

Congratulations! Kaspersky is the best and the way to go ;) Kaspersky works seemlessly well with Freelancer for me on Windows Vista and Windows 7.

Honestly, during around 9pm and 11pm hours every night (GMT+10, Sydney Australia) there is constant "downtime", with the forums returning an error "These boards are under maintenance"... and some other text which i can't exactly remember.

Also, at the moment, the downloads section is offline returning a 500 error! Why? Why all this downtime?

Please answer this /\zz/\, Knife` or MentalChaos..

And now i am receiving a 403 error on ../downloads2/ .

Quote from "raider51"

Whats the error message?
    You may use some opensp.mod to skip the storyline, and you have to activate both.
    One more thing that may help you: delete all of your save games, then reinstall freelancer--->restart----install freelancer. Maybe some of your corrupted savegames occured this error.

Windows 7 or a Vista user? Run the program "Freelancer Explorer" as an Administrator ;)