Posts by NeeAnderTall

I am running Milkshape 1.8.4 on Windows 7 (64bit) and am also looking forward for an updated .cmp importer and exporter.

Importer v2.7 loses hardpoints and thinks the .cmp file is a .3db.

Exporter 3.0 loses textures I think. My Hard CMP model viewer see the newly exported models as white ships.

I am troubleshooting my UTF editing skills to see if it can be fixed via the .mat file.

I am running into a similar problem.

Answer to OP question. To flip a texture vertically use the Pic2Pic application mentioned in Drizzt's tutorial. It is a simple application with a easy to see and use graphical user interface. Simply select "Flipped vertically" toggle to save your texture in the Freelancer-approved texture orientation.

My own procedure is to have both texture files available but only one of them in the same folder with the .cmp ship file it is associated with. Both texture files have the same name so I can switch them out easily enough. This means I have two folders, one says Flipped texture, the other says Normal Texture.

My problem is a white ship also. I believe my problem is with the .cmp exporter as the resultant .cmp file is missing it's textures.

I am using Milkshape 3D 1.8.4 with version 3 cmp exporter. Somehow the texture doesn't export with the other data such as hardpoints. I use the HardCMP Editor to view the model after exporting it. I can see textures on other ships just fine. I am puzzling over the UTF editor, as I am confused where Freelancer actually stores and look up the textures stipulated by the .cmp file and it's associated .mat file. I am writing MIP0 correctly.

My importer is ver 2.7 and it has issues, it loads the .cmp file as a .3db file and loses the hardpoints. Fortunately I have a .ms3d file saved at the step prior to exporting.

Doesn anyone know of a .cmp importer and exporter add-on update for Milkshape 3D ver 1.8.4?

I have noticed when I modify a saved game file my Freelancer tends to crash too.

I think it has something to do with a disparity between your pilot's skill level (1 to level 22) and the single player settings that monitor your progress. These crashes might be an anti-cheating feature.

Try modding your game after you've finished it.

I ran into the same error and pursued a similar path of troubleshooting what was a functioning game until I added the patch, sdk kit, and had to reinstall.

Here was my fix: Delete your old save game files. The game needs to generate a new ID# for you with each install, and if it conflicts with the saved game files in your Documents/My Games/Freelancer folder then the game will quit to desktop.

Just make sure that folder is empty of saved game files when you first start a new install of the game.

Good Luck.