Posts by Lord of the Hell

You can change his engine with new one with parameters that can't beat you...

Engine like this:
    maximum speed 10
    cruise charge time 36000 seconds(10hours)

In my opinion without changing game or with server software it is impossible. For name you need add it to *.dll like another names. I think better is made counting system that will count kills of everybody else.

Well i think the best way is to make new file with new nicknames. If you will use both files Freelancer will change the textures when ships encounter. Use FreelancerXMLProject to decode the ship. Program will make one folder(*_cmp) and one *.xml file. In folder is something like "lod0.vms.xml". This is textured model in XML. There is "mesh" part, which define textures on ship. You have to find which texture is which. After it you need new textures which is defined in mat file which you made and their nicknames. Then you rewrite CRC codes with new nicknames and recompile thi ship.

model part(r_specter.cmp):

<mesh count="6">
    <!-- Mesh Triangle First Last Count Pad Material -->
    <!-- 0 0 --> 0, 4148, 8631, 0xcc, 0xFC1B0A3F (Romanov01)
    <!-- 1 2877 --> 4149, 4245, 276, 0xcc, 0xE8AD7641 (Rv_glass)
    <!-- 2 2969 --> 4246, 6023, 2346, 0xcc, 0xFC1B0A3F (Romanov01)
    <!-- 3 3751 --> 0,51, 132, 0xcc, 0xFC1B0A3F (Romanov01)
    <!-- 4 3795 --> 0,58, 132, 0xcc, 0xFC1B0A3F (Romanov01)
    <!-- 5 3839 --> 0,60, 186, 0xcc, 0xFC1B0A3F (Romanov01)
    </mesh>

Green part is CRC of nicknames in original model - the link to mat file. Text in brackets was added by me. CRC si made from nickname in mat file("material library")

Texture file(new_Romanov_ships.mat):

Well i think i had to remove some zones from "exclusion zone" from Asteroid field and Nebulas. Also i think you're right. Well, source code is the key to break the limits.

Player docking to battleships is possible, but player can't undock at all. Problem is that player's battleship isn't linked with base file, so player that is docked is in black room with only one choice - undock. When this try to use, his game will crash, because game don't know where he is(there is no link to base - no spawn point). It's same as if you use "beam" to only singleplayer base(like Battleship Osiris). There is one different - the base. FLAC will link player's ship with base. This is the best way to make dockable player's ship.

With source code there are many new choices.

I remembered something more: "increasing spherical damage around star". That means if you flying to star core the damage is increasing.

First damage is 100. Second is 1000(damage is summated:1100). Third is 10000(11100). Fourth 100000(111100). Fifth is 1000000(1111100). Sixth is 3000000(4111100). So battleship with hull 8M can't stand it.

This allow using disruptor during the mission for NPC.

[Gun]
    nickname = nomad_cruise_disruptor01
    ids_name = 263526
    ids_info = 264526
    DA_archetype = Equipment\models\weapons\no_fighter_gun.cmp
    HP_child = HPConnect
    hit_pts = 4215
    explosion_resistance = 1
    debris_type = debris_normal
    parent_impulse = 20
    child_impulse = 80
    volume = 50
    mass = 10
    damage_per_fire = 0
    power_usage = 132.5
    refire_delay = 0.5
    muzzle_velocity = 360
    toughness = 10.6
    projectile_archetype = nomad_cruise_disruptor01_ammo
    separation_explosion = sever_debris
    auto_turret = true
    turn_rate = 90
    lootable = false
    LODranges = 0, 20

Try this setting:

[MissileBlock]
    nickname = missile_fighter_very_hard
    missile_launch_interval_time = 2
    missile_launch_interval_variance_percent = 0.5
    missile_launch_range = 2000
    missile_launch_cone_angle = 60
    missile_launch_allow_out_of_range = False

If it did not help can you post here the definition of disruptor ?

I have the list of changes, but it is in native language. This is a copy of changes listed in game:

Maybe is important to say that you can control your ship in turret view by using keyboard setting for control. And also we solved problem with "dancing battleships". Every munition for rockets, torpedos, mine etc. occupies cargo hold and you need energy to fire.

Sur splice is not good program for this work. I've tried it and it made bugs. MilkShape made from two(or more) groups one *.cmp file, but sur splice made each file as group so you have to made sur file from one single model(box). This is not useable. So i need program that made from some objects sur file. Then i can use sur splice.

Problem found. Ship needs special *.sur file with *.sur for each group. If you look at "li_dreadnought.sur" you'll find same nicknames as groups nicknames.

Groups for li_dreadnought.cmp:

Part of surface file for li_dreadnought:

So i have to make new sur file for my ship with groups, but this is problem. I tried to make new surface file with groups but this failed.

End of world ??? nonsense... In my opinion is this only result of religion. Don't matter whether Christianity or Islam. Both are same. God, sin, death. Everything is justified as god wish or god word or something like this. (1) Murder is bad, but killing in name of god is good... ? Right ? (2) Or - God loves you forever, but when you make something against his wish he starts hate you ? Is that right ? No ? Or - Eating body and drinking blood of Jesus... This is cannibalism... Hate is bad, it's against god and people. God is representative of love. Hate is lack of love as dark is lack of light.

End of world is same nonsense as 1 or 2. People can destroy our planet total twenty-five times by using nuclear bombs. Only people can make this world beautiful and peaceful. Not god or jesus. But people ... So open your eyes and mind and make this world better.

PS: i read only "It's the end of the world as we know it..."

This is without end... I tried to destroy the group, but it seem the group doesn't take any damage. It looks there isn't a sur file, but when i shoot to another part of ship(i dont mean groups) ship take damage...

i'll used resizing in MilkShape. Maybe best way to is remaking everything.

Import model, regroup model, use scale 100x, export new model, export groups for wire and try it in game;

Another way is deleting wireframe in groups...