Posts by spuder

Thanx Lancer. My next step seems easy on paper and Im hoping it all goes to plan. Im editing the uniforms now, giving them a voyager look as these are my fav. starting with Trent and SF, using this as a learning stone then Ill look into other uniforms like vulcon, romulan and klingon. If anyone knows where I can find good high quality pics of these....

no just the 1. iv just fin re-installing xp anyways. Thanx for tryin though. nope my pc only has 2gig so xp wont change much lol and to be honest my PC works better with xp

right I tried the refresh button but it did no good. Still has the funny IP code instead of my ip. starting to think Microsoft will never make a OS that runs with games like XP did. even there own software has issues lol even if that software is old now it would still be fully compat. Think im gona just re-install XP on this machine so I can run it server side here

yeah my trek knowledge is limited. I have watched the films, voyager and TNG but Im not a massive fan so most of my info will be coming from fan sites and wiki. I like the idea of safe warp areas but that would mean id have to remove any visual holes. is it pos to do that and could it be expanded to cover an area?

Thanx for the ideas ill keep looking at different ways of implementing jumps into the game.

Ok according to wiki: Objects with the features similar to wormholes were featured in episodes of Star Trek: The Original Series, although the word wormhole was not used. The gateway featured in the episode The City on the Edge of Forever, for example, was a gateway through time that operates somewhat similar to a wormhole.

So what im thinking I might do is just use wormholes in the game to jump from 1 system to another and call them gateway through time holes.

yeah this is something I have wondered too as obv in star trek you can just fly to each sector where as freelancer uses jumpgates to create a big universe in small parts so this one Im still working on. Im sure ill find sumthin around the online data base's that will give me an idea or find a download around that someone has made allowing it to seem bigger, who knows. Iv got plenty of time before I come to that tho.

As for the map yeah I can see your point its just not going to be easy keeping them all in a bunch as freelancers universe map isnt that big when it comes to putting lots of systems in different quadrants. with UFP, Klingon and Romulan being quite close together and the borg being so far away it is not easy on the freelancer map to make it look like the star trek galaxy. what I may end up doing is using a basic star map background and puting the quadrant names in, then spreding the systems around to fit the best I can with star treks info

yep. theres no issue if i run it in xp its just win7? It gives me a totally different IP e.g. db90::21b6:1734:...... have no idea how to get it to look for my ipv4 address? I double checked ipv6 and it is disabled?

Ok im having issues connecting to a server I have ran on my system under win7. I get what looks like a mac address in the ip bar. when I click on this it just locks up. iv tried disableing Ipv6 and it hasnt worked. I have no idea why win7 changes the address for this game?

Anyone know how to fix this problem as its stoping me from testing my mod?

Ok its been just over a week since I lost my last mod BFO and decided to start a new one. So this is it, Star Trek - Warp Speed. The aim of my mod is to totally convert freelancer into a star trek space game. Iv always wondered how cool it would be to be able to fly the enterprise and equipt it with borg tech lol. Im still working on the whole storyline but I do have a few ideas and today I have finished my first picture. I really want to put it up on here but as I only have the one pic Im gona make myself wait so I can show more of how the game will look, and the pic is part of the intro anyways. I hope to get the first gallery up on facebook by the end of the month. Ill look forward to your comments and hope you like my ideas. This will be my first proper mod so its going to be the best I can do first time round. Im also working on a website for the mod and when I get a few systems done with ships in them Ill post a demo mod on their.

was just flicking through some mod videos on youtube and came across crossfire. Iv heard of this mod before but never really looked at it. after seing the video Iv got to say im impressed and its got my attension. Could anyone tell me how big this mod is e.g. how many ships are in the game, how many systems and does it take days to get into?