Posts by FuBi0

I know this is a shot in the dark, in fact I'm not even sure where to go with this but does anyone by chance have my old FuBi Open SP flmod? It used to be hosted on this site but it seems that is no longer the case in favor of more popular open sp mods. I lost my edited xml that was stored on an external hd during a move and am now without my mod. If by chance anyone has it could you please let me know or send it directly at fubi7k at hotmail dot com.

Thanks,
    FuBi0

Any project deemed Freelancer 2 has more than likely been put on the back burner for a few years. My own prediction is probably in 2007/2008, but thats wishful thinking. DA seems to have fallen off the map, havent found any news on them since 2003 and the team is officially working on out of house projects. Freelance 1 could really be it for us. Maybe one day the rights will be sold and a decent dev will make something out of it, but Freelancer seems like one of those games where a sequel could be 10 years away from realization. Could be long after the lancers reactor shuts down or becomes host to a new series of games before the first news of FL2 is released. I still check every now and then just in case that first screenshot/interview/press release breaks.

Seems alot of you are getting a bit crazy with the home ownership, taxation, first person shooter RPG supergame ideas. I say leave freelancer pretty much how it is in terms of inclusion of features(simplicity was what drew us close remember, if we all were so dissapointed we wouldnt be here on these forums in hopes of another Freelancer), just revamp certain elements of gameplay for the sequel. The most important addition is of course dynamic universe gameplay, not just trade and commodity pricing but economic indicators of certain factions. If one faction has an abundance of resources they will produce more ships and ensure safer travel through their space or be able to further faction agendas. Say the Corsairs are helped by a player (balance should be preserved until the player helps out the faction in combat battles or trade) and the number of ships grows large enough or number of enemy ships small enough for them the expand into another sector, say a Rheinland sector. The game will spawn not only the corsair ships but a Rheinland police and or military to try to decimate the faction power of the Corsairs pushing the back to their home space. If they were to get into New Berlin or a neighboring system, cap ships would spawn in response. This is just an example of many outcomes that would be possible with this system that is not beyond current gaming technology. Something that I´ve found is really fun in most games was implemented in a way but not really used in Freelancer I. The news system was pretty much static in the first game. With a new economic system you could get updates/news blurbs on how current factions are faring in space. Also some random events could pop up, like maybe the Kursari economy flourishes with the installment of a new president, which will add temporary bonuses to Kursari trade. Another thing would be faction status, becomming a member could gain you military rankings, discounts, possibly different greetings in bars for higher ups. And last maybe hubs for planets and stations in third person walking mode for planetary businesses(bar, ship dealer, landing dock, other), nothing fancy like an FPS but just a small hub to explore, chat with npcs and maybe find some other cool stuff. As for other things probably just the obvious, missions(patrol,cargo especially, and faction specific specials through exclusive listings for different ranks), new ships, weaps, systems, player customization, ejection, ect. I actually recommend against the orbiting planets because of the way Freelancer is set up, this would only complicate things in the long run, it is after all just a game. Spinning planets and a day/night cycle for planetary hubs could help to create the illusion and would be a better option. If anyone were ever to read this from DA, I don´t care what you do as long as you develope the story line and sub plots and don´t leave Sirrius. I´m dying to find out if Planetform came clean about their operations, if Daumann ever pays for their crimes and Rheinland gets out of poverty, and if the Corsairs ate any more of their people. Just answer those questions and I´ll be happy. Edited by - FuBi7k on 7/11/2005 3:25:39 PM