Posts by Hellfire

Quote from "Aaron"

Hmm i have to agree with Mensa on this one...

Who is Mensa?

Quote from "Aaron"

As for the DS mod thing swats line should be ok... i also dont see much of a problem with yours and on swats point of "they could remove the line and decode file" heh.... if they are doing that then cant they already get any info they need? I mean whos going to be opening ini then using DS?...

Yepp. No Protection is Hacker-Save. Just "Normal User Save".

So till now - IF I program a hide-tag its a nickname-add like:

[SomeObject]
    nickname = SomeNickName_dshide
    somethingelse = ...

Just need two more modders who want that (in addition to OP).

Quote from "HellFire"

2. a tag in a nick causes the "hide" function like:
    nickname = myship_xyz_dshide

I think the option 2 is easyest to use - cause u can hide without filling a special table with names.

What U all think?

Back to the main question here - I still think that

_dshide

in a nickname is the best way

Quote from "OP-R8R"

search on the net for encrypted file headers and problems with certain antivir tools giving false errors and you will see that you have done actually nothing

to use a crappy av tool which scans for header signatures instead of real viruses is always a bad idea
    oh and when you got the copy of crossfire from there then you maybe should have read the comments about false alarms and the numerous confirmations that there are no trojans

I know there WAS such a problem in av - it got fixed before a half year. the NEW FIXED version of antivir still shows a trojan..

Quote from "OP-R8R"

A final suggestion:
    Next time you decide to publish claims you should investigate in a better way first.

Search and download Crossfire from MODDB with active <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freeav.de">http://www.freeav.de</a><!-- m --> will show you that I v done that.

Its just a simple fact that there are some more DLL files infected by a trojan in that crossfire mod.

you better get that version offline and a version without trojan online if you really dont wanted to send that out.

Quote from "OP-R8R"

I think "hide = all" will be best
    additional comments for all objects make modding even more unconfortable, players simply could remove those comments and FL needs to calculate more which in the end will cause lag (mainly on the server side)

oki - you all better use OPs special MODs protection (normally known as trojan-horse infected software) and spam and lag the whole internet..

hehe

nope - that nicknames are converted to normal pointers while FL reads that ini and bini files --> so no lag.

oh and about that "hide = all" --> just deinstall ds while you use your trojans to "remote control" all that crossfire-mod user computers?

Isnt that easy to program a HIDE-Tag for DS - cause it´s useless it it works with comments like:

[SHIP] ;DSHIDE

--> this wont work with BINI-Format files.

There r 2 options:

1. a special [DSHIDE] Sektion with nicknames of not shown objects:
    [DSHIDE]
    nick = ship_xyz
    nick = station_abc

or

2. a tag in a nick causes the "hide" function like:
    nickname = myship_xyz_dshide

I think the option 2 is easyest to use - cause u can hide without filling a special table with names.

What U all think?

Quote from "Freeworlds_Sushi"

[This doesn't even make sense or address my post, or the developer concerns, in any way. I've tried to approach you in a respectable manner, I'd appreciate the same level of decorum, too. Thanks.

Hmmm sorry sushi - just readed your complete posts in here. And yes I will check if there is a *simple* solution.

Just give me some days pls..

Quote from "misile jockey"

actually, only thing that can attract new or keep players active is good player interaction on particular server, a mod can either enhance or diminish that experience, and that is difference between good mod and average (or bad one),

not one hidden wreck with flashy loot in some remote system behind some minefield will keep player interested to long
    If someone wants to explore he wont use this tool, on the other hand if someone finds equipping his/hers ship not so much fun and wants to get strait into action it gives good workaround

Hey how you got into my mind and digged that out? Its exactly what i thought and never typed - cause my english suxx and I m too lazy *smile*

I actually play World of Worcraft. Everyone uses a addon named "Quest Helper" which shows where to go and what to do to finish most quests. Its correct that some "power level players" use it to finish quests real fast without reading the full quest-text and search on their own (But thats WHY the use it - and they have fun to level real fast). Other Players use it only on quests where they get *stuck* and *boring to search*. they have fun to search on their own AND having fun useing that tool when they get stuck.

DS adresses the same for Freelancer - I got hundrets of EMails saying: "Great Tool; thanks for that nice program; Its fun to use DS with FL for search systems you explored allready to look if you missed something; ds helped to get fast the needed ship / equipment to participate in pvp / clan-fights; ...

And just one or two EMails that talk about *hideing just some "special" things* in DS cause of RPG-Mods.

My result so far: DS is good the way it is. And I cant see the *need* to program a special "hide-tag".

late - but better than never..

there ist a new installer and a new version of DataStorm here:

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ds.fa-matz.de">http://ds.fa-matz.de</a><!-- m -->

* the dao-prob should be fixed with the new installer.

and

* There is a new "Delete and rebuild database" Button in DS (above that clan-logo)

Get ist here: <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://ds.fa-matz.de">http://ds.fa-matz.de</a><!-- m --> --> 4.x full installer.

This version should install in all systems up to vista.

Fixed in that version: It handles much more mods.

---> For beta testing install with full install and get additional beta here:

New in 4.1 R171:
    * More bigger mods supported.
    * Active mod in FLMM is shown in DS-Headline
    * In zoomed in maps every "Station" is shown "Infront"

* Some more bugs with bigger mods
    * Creates Singel-Player-Save-Folder if never saved a singleplayer game
    * Display active MOD-Names from FLMM
    * unique Database-Names for every FLMM-Mod-Combi
    * Button to delete database and reread ini-files from FL
    * Cyclic Infos about objects in zoomed in area

Send bugreports to <!-- e --><a href="mailto:se_hellfire@hotmail.com">se_hellfire@hotmail.com</a><!-- e -->

Till now DS shows the normal infocard which is in that .DLL´s (normally changed from that mod makers - guess Chips forgot that one). Only the &quot;Extra-Stats&quot; below in that Info-Card is generated from FL-DataFiles.