Posts by azza1

Thanks for that reply :-)

Flhack is a great tool that i only just found recently myself. The auto waypoint is a feature in freelancer that should have been there from the start. Great tool

if you submit me some screen shots and maybe some video then i could post that server news onto front page pls click the submit news button on the front portal page if you decide to do so :-).

Are you applying 1.3 before the mod or after the mod ? since if you install it after activating the mod then mod files will be overwritten and could be cause of the crash.

the 1.3 sdk is more of a developers release for including code fixes into mods. For client side only I would use the quickfix 1.0c which is more of a client / end user release . That aside I would try reinstalling freelancer then downloading the latest version of the mod Discovery 4.85 then allow any updates to take place once you run it.

I hope this solves your problem.

evolutions and many other have laser guns. hmmm you can make stations and all sorts of other objects fire out of a gun so maybe just make it fire out some object and the impact of object does the damage.

There are already mods that contain beam / laser weapons. They often have the same characteristics of low refire rate with high energy cost making it so you can only fire it once per pass. As for making it move the ship that it has hit is an interesting idea I am just not sure that freelancer would support that kind of modification unless it was with some external tool such as flhook.

The Microsoft supported freelancer server list server has been down for quite some time. There are several simple
    solutions to be able to access a replacement server list.

The most simple method is to open c:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\EXE\Freelancer.ini and change the list server entrys to work with the new list server.

Original version

Code
    1. [ListServer]
    2. ;;;hostname = localhost ;Your local machine
    3. ;;;hostname = FLListServer2.dns.corp.microsoft.com ;GUN server in Austin
    4. ;;;hostname = 131.107.135.190 ;GUN server in Redmond
    5. hostname = fllistserver.zone.msn.com ;GUN server in Redmond (DNS entry)

Working version

Code
    1. ;;;hostname = localhost ;Your local machine
    2. ;;;hostname = FLListServer2.dns.corp.microsoft.com ;GUN server in Austin
    3. ;;;hostname = 131.107.135.190 ;GUN server in Redmond
    4. ;;;hostname = fllistserver.zone.msn.com ;GUN server in Redmond (DNS entry)
    5. hostname = gun.fllistserver.com ;new working list server

Freelancer is probably one of the most modded games ever released. There are thousands of different mods available.

First you will need freelancer mod manager available in tools section just search "freelancer mod manager" or "flmm" download version 1.3

Install freelancer mod manager

Once it is installed you can download what mods you like then double click them and freelancer mod manager will extract them ready for use

All you have to do then is open freelancer mod manager click on the mod you like and click activate.

There are many mods available its best to try a selection. Also are you aware that there are still many servers available with some servers showing 200/200 players daily ?

I will make a post of how to make freelancer use the new available list server. ---done

i will make a generic topic about how to install/use mods ---- in progress

There will one day be a game that is a suitable replacement for the spirit of freelancer. If its jumpgate evolution or further down the road with another elite release. The fact that people are still playing freelancer is a good sign that they where not happy with the alternatives around at the moment which in my view didnt come close enough.
    If jumpgate manages to hit the nail on the head then i will find myself there to even if it is a pay to play game. Only time will tell.

A tribute to the fallen Jolt server.

A video from one of the Hunter clans from jolt. I was a hunter once with that clan although it never seemed to fit. Once a pirate always a pirate. -=]AoD[=-AzzA-[X] ---pirate clan jolt ... post your fav freelancer vid if you like along with longest served clan you where in. [center]

[/center]