Posts by Duplicate raider51

I have an other problem,
    I opened a starsphere cmp file with UTF and in its material library there are nodes of the textures each.
    How can i set that nodes to get transparent textures in the game?
    I read something about Oc and Ot nodes need to be added to the material library of that texture i want to make transparent (cloud/nebula...etc) , but i dont know what i have to write in.
    An other statement, the transparency setting in milkshape only.

I'd appreciate every ideas, solutions

thanks

Quote from "Lordadmiral Drake"

There is a menu where you can set form which side the textures are projected on the mesh. I think its called Texture Coordinates or something like that.

Thanks 8-)

Quote from "Forsaken"

Using UTF edit, look at the Nodes in the tree take note of the material types.... Nebula is transparent (in a wierd FL way). Try that.

I opened a starsphere cmp file with utf and in its material library there are nodes. Type,Dt_name, Dt_flags.
    If i want to edit them, a new window appears called simple data editor and there are numbers in but thats all.

Drake,

I tried you method and works fine, except one thing, the milkshape inverts the textures when i assign, and i havent found any buttons to invert them from the backfaces nor ignore the backfaces when i finished the regroup and i start texturing.

Quote from "Xsnip3rX"

You can unlock the unflyables with the map editting program.

Can you explain how? If you mean Freelancer Explorer as "map editing program" i havent found any function to do that.
    If you write a tutorial/example for a ship how to make it buyable and flyable, i'd appreciate that.

Thanks

Quote from "Forsaken"

You can download the Multiplayer version now after registering on my forums.

In regards to the texturing the starspheres.... look at the post I made in THIS THREAD

Now as for your ship problem. That shiparch.ini, goods.ini and market_ships.ini that you put into your mod folder... you now need to make entries in them adding juni's defender as a flyable ship. Look in the TLR Archives... I'm sure there is someone who posted how to do it.

I read that topic before, but im sorry im may dense-headed, i havent found the solution how to import an unique texture and make it transparent. I imported a vanilla texture into photoshop but in its preferences the transparent window was gray so i couldnt change it nevertheless many vanilla textures (crows, clouds etc...) have own transparency. I had same problems when i imported unique texture into photoshop as well. Many starspheres has own internal lights like hi01 (omicron alpha in vanilla) it may has any connections between this lights and transparency i dont know im just rookie, thats why i ask people here whom got greater knowledge.

[/quote]If you were wondering what importing textures into vanilla starspheres are capable of download my mod... <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.freelancer-shatteredworlds.com">http://www.freelancer-shatteredworlds.com</a><!-- m -->

This is the current multiplayer mod we are running on the server. The "OpenSP Test mod" I was talking about in THIS is somewhat the same mod, but with OpenSP capabilities. I'm still doing some modifications to it, and b/c of this, I've not given it to those who have volunteered to test it.[/quote]

Well, im a bit confused, you wrote i can download your mod but at the last row "I've not given it to those who have volunteered to test it." So then allowed or not allowed? 8-)

Anyway, i checked your website and i have to admit, those pictures are amazing with that retextured clouds and backgrounds, unfortunatelly i didnt get your pm i suppose you mentioned this texturing method in that.
    Im really interested in this texturing thing so please write me a tutorial here or via pm.

Thanks,

EDIT: i tried that method you mentioned about make a vanila ship buyable but doesnt work.
    The ship was li_elite2.cmp (avenger/juni's defender). I inserted that 3 files (shiparch.ini, goods.ini, market_ships:ini) into my folder, but i havent found li_elite2_hull and package in goods.ini what need for the bases. I copy/pasted an other hull and package (li_elite (defender)) and renamed them but at the base the defender itself appeared. In the shiparch.ini i found the li_elite2 but thats all. So if you have idea about whats the problem then please write it. My mod just a test mod works on open singleplayer only, so i dont use ioncross or else.

Assign them to groups and then assign the textures to the groups.
    Mark the polys and click Regroup (You may rename the group).
    Then go to the textures and create a new one. Select an image for the texture.
    Reselect the group if nessecary and click Assign on the textures tab.

Yeees. This was my question. Thanks 8-)

Well, you're right, i forgot i can do it manually. Thanks 8-)
    Then, if i want to add non flyable but vanilla ships to my mod, do i have to follow same method?
    For example the avenger, li_elite2 as far as i remember, then i have to make that DATA/SHIPS folder into my mod and simply copy/paste the li_elite2.cmp and its sur and mat file then rewrite one ship at one of my base. Does it work?

ps: Forsaken, have you read my PM about your mod and the texturing?

Assign to what?

I mean how can i put the textures on the polygons? Could i mark more than one polygons and use only one texture on them?
    For example: 4 points (vertex) provide a square. I use gmax when i click on properties there is a row name is "visible edges only" if i turn it off one more additional edge appears, the diagonal. The diag divides the square into 2 triangles. If i done it and leave the modify menu, next time i back i can click the triangles each. When i want to texture it i suppose it will appear as two same triangles not one square, and i dont know if i can mark both and use only one texture.
    Im sorry its hard to explain, but i hope you got what i wanna ask.

Erm, have you forgotten deactivating and reactivating the mod?

No, i deactivate my mod after quit every time.
    But it seems to me FLE browses from the original folder itself only. In the other hand there are many mods have own unique starspheres and they are recognized by FLE i checked it. So i dont know whats the solution.

Hi all,

I made some own starspeheres, nothing special just repainted some vanilla textures, but i have a problem with them:
    If i save it into my mod folder /DATA/SOLAR/STARSPHERE---> mysphere.cmp then FLE doesnt recognize it, only if i save it into the original freelancer folder.
    What is the problem? Its just annoying because if i have to delete/reinstall freelancer for any reasons, i have to remove my .cmp files and after i install i have to move it back. Im sure there is a solution to save them into my mod folder and FLE recognize it, just i dont know.

I appreciate any help,

regards

Hi all,

I have a question about texturing: I create unique model from a vanilla ship, but i had to delete some faces/polygons...etc. To fill that "open spaces" i had to make polygons by create and i could make my own parts on that (new wings, engine pods, etc). There is no problem with that but i had to attach some groups, and my question is: Is there any solution to assign polygons by manually in milkshape? I affraid to attach groups i cant, but i havent had any expert on milkshape yet, so before i start to do that i want to know, because i dont want to start the modelling again.

regards,

Quote from "Arcantium"

aaaand, just in case this still isnt working. I had the exact same problem... I think it was just my downloaded version of fl explorer. I downloaded a different version (which was also the newest) and it worked fine. Try getting a different one.

Ive solved this problem, you have to do it manually in .ini files. If you are interested how to do it i could tell you.

Forsaken,

If i want to make an own starsphere, and after i done anything you mentioned before, where should i save to? i mean i have my own mod and i want to add the new starsphere to one of my systems. I guess i have to save it to my mod folder... If yes, does FLE recognize it?

regards,

ps: I saw you first photo ( thats the best with that green cloud and stars), it does look like you imported an own texture which is transparent a bit. My question is, what i have to set to get same result? Polygons or the texture itself?
    An other question: may i resize the textures from 256x256 to bigger size or the texture library could handle only 128x128 and 256x256 bits? (of course it means i want to import an unique texture)

I've read this tutorial, and its great if i want to add new ships to my mod.
    What if i want to add the original freelancer non-flyable ships like junis defender, large cargo, csv, ...etc?
    May i need to do it step by step like in this tutorial, or is there any simple way to add them? The mat and sur files of this ships could be found in the orig directory i guess.

Whats the error message?
    You may use some opensp.mod to skip the storyline, and you have to activate both.
    One more thing that may help you: delete all of your save games, then reinstall freelancer--->restart----install freelancer. Maybe some of your corrupted savegames occured this error.