Posts by BLACK-SABBATH

Hi All

Black_sabbath here, returning form a 6 year break, some of you may remember me from the old black sabbath rebalance server form many moons ago.

well, i dedcided to dust of the game and start again.

can some kind gent, give me a list of what patchs are out(with links?) both offical and un-offical, and maybe a list of what rebalnce files are out (last played 3.5) and also what version is TNG now on?

one last thing, is there a way to get the game to run in 1400x900 res (widescreen)

good to see you all again

Sabb

with reguards to the ships in the game, it was not surgested that they be replaced or removed, but moved around the systems a bit to add balance to ship locations, still use the ships as listed, maybe just tone down the cap ships, theres too many of them, and in my opinion disrupt the balance. the only ships that should be removed are any that are too buggy. Remember this mod was designed to rebalance the game out and make it fun, if ppl are gona ***** at each other and climb out of there prams over this and not agree on anything, then wats the damm point of rebuilding the mod. Now everyone play nice and work together on this, there can only be 1 RB and that will wat is rebuilt by all involved in the project, even those, who like myself cant mod but can surgest ideas as to make the mod great and hopefuly workable, and less of a nightmare for players and server ops alike. BLACK SABBATH RB SERVER ADMIN all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin

Just a fyi for everyone, if all goes to plan at my end, i will be setting up the black sabbath server again soon, i will be doing that once me and my g/f have our baby ( due monday 18th july) and i can get a second box set up and networked at home, i will be running the old 3.4 with patch´s and if i can find it the add-on patch as well. i will keep you all posted as to wats happening my end. black sabbath server admin all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin

hi gents, the main stabilty problems ive had with RB is in running a server for multiplayer. single player probs have been mainly on 3.50 release´s, but with the likes on 3.12, 3.2 and 3.4 i had very few sp problems,just the odd ctd and such like. Best of luck with the project and i hope you can sus it out, along with the rest of the team all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin

i didnt do any editing, as i cant mod, but as we found suspect systems and ships, we posted them off limits, i know zod done a lot of editing, but i dont thinnk it made much difference on his server as he and his crew was also changeing stuff at the same time for the nightmare version. But we tried to keep all players aware of any buggy or suspect systems till me or 1 of my admin team on the server done more testing, we also made sure everyone had the same set-up as the server, the main game, the offical 1.1 patch and the skd 1.3 files installed, we had good days and bad days, if you wana send me a e-mail listing the bugs you found and fixed, i can e-mail back with any bugs you havent found yet, also if you go to my website( check my profile) you can p.m rouge and arch, and engine of darkness for additional info, and to let them know wat you found and fixed, best of luck on the work, take your time on it and always ask the team for advice, im sure they be happy to help all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin

As far as i know the mod hasnt been completely scraped, its just gona be completely rebuilt from the ground up, as far i last heard from archkaine, he was gona go back to rb 3.30, which was fairly stable (and before most of the new cap ships and systems where added) and start from there, as well as working on a brand new mod, if any one has been alble to find a lot of the main probs, let archkaine know and maybe, just maybe we will see rb out in full, its just a pity that i know bugger all about modding, otherwise i be getting stuck in to help fix and finish it all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin

hi gents ive fixed the cash problem i was haveing. NOw i have another, i know that some servers have instant docking activated, can any tell how to get it working???. thanks in advance for any help you give all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin

Hi guys, black sabbath here, just found a slight problem with the tempest. On the info card for the ship it says you can mount 2 counter-measures, but when you go the hard-points, there missing. just thought you better know. Also a quick question for the team, where can i can find the mp ini file so i can edit the start cash, as ive looked and cant find bugger all, most of the other mods ive used have had a character folder in the data folder, but there dosent seem to be one there, i know there is one as a few of the other servers have upped the starting cash. Thanks in advance for any help offered. I´ve also noticed that you dont have ur own forum on ur site, if you would like a second didecated board for talking about the mod, let me and i can add a new section at my site for the use of the team and players for talking about the mod and swaping ideas and the like, my site can be found at http://www.bsserver.easyhost4all.info/nuke/index.php hope to hear from you soon guys Edited by - BLACK_SABBATH on 4/7/2005 12:20:06 AM

Hi guys, just found a server crash bug in the kandor system, the tradelane from battleship batler to the niyad jump gate is totaly knackered, i tried the lane 4 times at the battleship end, and also by-passed the first gate in order to enter further in, but it still crashed the server when the lane is activated by a player. Hope this helps you out guys all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin Edited by - BLACK_SABBATH on 3/31/2005 10:39:13 AM

Got the mod last night and tried it, so far i like what ive seen, with reguards to some of the points raised about encounters in new york, maybe you should tweak the encounters for the liberty systems and drop there level just a tad, and that way starting players can survire a bit longer till they get there characters built up and move out of liberty, and are in a persition to face tougher opponants, with reguards to the point about shipyards, i agree that ships should be avilable to buy there, either light or medium fighters and frieghters. Also as i have run serveral servers in the past, and am concidering running epsilon as a server, maybe you can add some server side options like thay have in rebalance where you can adjust encounters and difulcity level and even turn on and off the docking sequrance. Well thats my 2 pennys worth for now, back to playing the mod. BLACK_SABBATH all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin

hi guys, the reasons there is 2 versions at the moment, is that the one that is on my server is a slightly eariler version than the one zod has, i think some new bits were added to the later version, which makes em incompatable. once you dl the mod from my site, send me a pm from that website and i send you the pw. P.S you may have to sign up to the site to send a pm. website is http://www.bsserver.tk all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin

ok guys heres the score on the pre-release and testing,at the moment im not alble to host a download at my site, i may be alble to post a link. Also i will be running a strictly limited server for players will to help test the mod, but i must stress that under no circumstamces, must any player buy cap ships, as i cant access the instant docking batch file(damm windows xp pro playing up). so unless you want to keep getting stuck, dont buy cap ships(i know the idea stinks but theres not a lot i can do about it the name of the server will be BLACK SABBATHS PRE-RELEASE SERVER. player numbers will be set to 10 for now for the duration of testing. also the server will be password protected, to stop players comeing in with the wrong version of the mod. details of the password will be avilble at the black sabbath web-site in the members only areas. also as far i know, zod of zods world will have the mod there for download. Hope to see you all soon and please remember dont buy capships, unless you want to get stuck all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin

HI GUYS if all goes to plan BP should be uploading the mod anytime now, so im waiting with baited breath to dl the mod, and get the black sabbath server going again, and if ur wondering where the servers gone, its takeing a much needed rest after a full re-install, but its ready to go when i get the new mod all of my questions are answers to my sins.and all of my endings are waiting to begin