Posts by killer bee

What's the setting on your graphics? :shock:

When I first started playing Freelancer I couldn't see my guns until I maxed out my graphics detail. To do that, go to Options on your title screen and slide the detail bar to the right. That should help your problem. If it doesn't work, you may want to try a reinstall or update your graphics card.

;)

Mission Nine, huh? You must be working with the Blood Dragons.

First, you will have to start when you're first arriving at at Kyoto (when your character and Juni are having that conversation), and do a couple of missions for the Blood Dragons. If you get enough credits, Ozu will call you and ask that you return to Kyoto. When you get there, Ozu will ask you to join him, ACCEPT his offer; this is the only way you will get to Tohoku and get the Proteus Tome in the vanilla (original) version. When you launch, he'll be outside waiting, all you have to do is follow him. If you decline the mission, you can't move forward in the storyline.

Tip: If you don't want to deal with the KNF when you get to Kyoto, there are a few wrecks in Hokkaido you can loot and still make the credits necessary to continue. Just find the Hokkaido jump hole just 10 clicks east of Kyoto.

:ugeek:

I never knew about that in all the years I've played the game. :o Next time I'll pay the original game, I'll use that method.

Every now and then I'll get the occasional Nomad Blaster in the original game, but my configuration always worked for me. It really is player preference; my setup allows me to lay down some nasty firepower when needed. :twisted:

To me, my typical Sabre loadout consisted of a pair of Junkers Barrager Mk IIIs, a pair of Tanto lasers from the Blood Dragons, two pair of Paralyzer missile launchers (salvaged from wrecks in Sigma 17 and Omicron Theta), a heavy Flashpoint turret and a Hornet cruise disruptor. I would earn my Sabre by making a deal with the Red Hessians and buy the craft from Vogtland.

I have an interesting question. In all of Freelancer (the original game that is, no mods or add-ons), what is your favorite craft to fly in? Personally I like the Sabre because it's a tough workhorse and can hold its own in a fight when properly equipped.

;)

I just started playing Discovery 4.85 and it is AWESOME! :D Now I'm torn! I love Frontierspace 1.75, but Discovery 4.85 can actually give Frontierspace a run for its credits. What's a Freelancer to do? :shock:

Quote from "Lordadmiral Drake"

FSX? Someone should convert the FL ship models to it :mrgreen:

You know, they have kits that will enable you to build or transform other craft from other games into FSX or its venerable predecessor, FS9 (FS2004). I just might make an investment in that for such a purpose.

I can see it now, an Anubis with skid-wheel tricycle gear. It's possible. Oh, BTW. The center pod is interchangeable on the Eagle. Big shoutout to Eugene Heyart for creating an awesome replication of that sci-fi classic ship.

:D

Freelancer is the kind of game that keeps reinventing itself in one form or another. This can't be said about many other games.

I mean, I still have Privateer and Wing Commander II through IV and I play them often, but the plot is finite and you can't go any further than that. Freelancer always has something for the player, either in SP or Multiplayer. I'm going to hold on to it as long as I can, and I hope and pray the FL community finds as many ways as possible to keep it going.

They got me in a holding pattern at San Francisco International. I'm a Microsoft Flight Simulator fan as well as a Freelancer. I might as well park my Eagle on the Golden Gate Bridge!

The only time I ran cardamine was during the storyline, when I accidentally ran into the Flint in the Badlands. I avoided the trade lanes and went directly to Manhattan, leaning on the advice of Paul Steed, the Junker at the Manhattan bar. Let's just say the last 20K was frightening until I got to the docking ring. Liberty Police Inc. don't play around.

:o