You are not logged in.

Please register in order to use all features of this site.

SturmVogel

Apprentice

(10)

• "SturmVogel" started this thread

Activitypoints: 10

Date of registration: Jun 24th 2010

Reputation modifier: 2

Level: 13 [?]

Experience: 2,951

Next Level: 4,033

member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month

Sunday, September 26th 2010, 1:55am

On Weapons and shields

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but old in playing Freelancer :)
I currently play the Discovery: Reunion 4.85 mod (in Open SP). Wow, very good.

I have a question concerning weapons vs shields. When a weapon states that is good vs a type of shield and weaker vs another type of shield, how does this is translated in % of damage dealt (more or less)?

And another one, how can you take screenshots from the game and where they are stored?

Thanks.

adoxa

Corporal

(10)

Activitypoints: 1,255

Date of registration: Jan 26th 2009

Reputation modifier: 5

Level: 36 [?]

Experience: 852,269

Next Level: 1,000,000

member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month

Sunday, September 26th 2010, 5:22am

Re: On Weapons and shields

Generally speaking, weaker means 80% damage, stronger means 120%; looks like Discovery keeps to that, except for Pulse (EMP) weapons. The exact numbers can be found in EQUIPMENT\weaponmoddb.ini. I have an Excel spreadsheet that takes this info into account (vanilla weapons only). FLStat can work with mods, but it only shows the modifier value.

Screenshots are taken with Print Screen; they are saved in My Documents\My Pictures\FreelancerShots. Alt+Print Screen also works, saving to the clipboard.

Social bookmarks

Legend:

Forum contains no new posts
Forum contains new posts
Forum is closed
Forum is an external link