• "Shadow Viper1" started this thread
  • United States

Activitypoints: 950

Date of registration: Jan 15th 2009

Reputation modifier: 4

Level: 34 [?]

Experience: 622,070

Next Level: 677,567

member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 5:47am

Need A Good Non-Free Forum Hosting Site

I need a good forum hosting site, cheap, comes with a free domain name. Plz help if you got some ideas.

United States

Activitypoints: 265

Date of registration: May 17th 2008

Reputation modifier: 9

Level: 28 [?]

Experience: 191,923

Next Level: 195,661

member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 11:37am

Re: Need A Good Non-Free Forum Hosting Site

Check this one out. They host one of my friends forums and it runs fine. He's good people and the whole crew know what they're doing. "Free Hosting"

Forums is always up and there's a system for help, just contact them.

HK

Spock

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Sep 30th 2004

Reputation modifier: 8

member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 7:28pm

I use iPowerweb. The link shows their different hosting plans.

I could give you an affiliate link but it's not worth the hassle. I would have to talk 50 people into getting hosing with them for them to pay me anything, so I usually don't bother. I've been with them since 2002 and the few problems I've had have been handled quickly and professionally.

Shadow Viper1

Private First Class

(10)

• United States

member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month member since 108 month

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 8:12pm

Quoted from ""Spock""

I use iPowerweb. The link shows their different hosting plans.

I could give you an affiliate link but it's not worth the hassle. I would have to talk 50 people into getting hosing with them for them to pay me anything, so I usually don't bother. I've been with them since 2002 and the few problems I've had have been handled quickly and professionally.

I've found a hosting service that has a free domain, I'd rather not pay $9 for a domain name. Anyway, seems cool :P .

Spock

Private First Class

(10)

member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month

Sunday, May 17th 2009, 8:33pm

Quoted from ""Shadow Viper1""

... I'd rather not pay $9 for a domain name. Anyway, seems cool.

Only the lowest price plan charges for the domain and you don't have to pay that if you already have one. I use the Pro Plan (the one in the middle). It doesn't cost that much if you pay once every 2 years like I do.

United States

member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month

Monday, May 18th 2009, 3:12pm

As for the one I posted above, they not only host forums but game and chat servers as well and do a fine job of it. They are always on top of everything and regularly see that everyone is satisfied with the service, personaly.

If you have any sort of problems, there's a submit form and it is taken care of promptly.

I changed my Teamspeak Server over to them and have had no problems with it otherwise. Once in a while during maintenance it will be out of service but, that's only neccessary to keep it running well. I've had my TS for three years.

Play/pay as you wish.

Shadow Viper1

Private First Class

(10)

• United States

Monday, May 18th 2009, 10:48pm

Quoted from ""Spock""

... I'd rather not pay $9 for a domain name. Anyway, seems cool.

Only the lowest price plan charges for the domain and you don't have to pay that if you already have one. I use the Pro Plan (the one in the middle). It doesn't cost that much if you pay once every 2 years like I do.

Quoted from ""HunterKiller""

As for the one I posted above, they not only host forums but game and chat servers as well and do a fine job of it. They are always on top of everything and regularly see that everyone is satisfied with the service, personaly.

If you have any sort of problems, there's a submit form and it is taken care of promptly.

I changed my Teamspeak Server over to them and have had no problems with it otherwise. Once in a while during maintenance it will be out of service but, that's only neccessary to keep it running well. I've had my TS for three years.

Play/pay as you wish.

Can I see the links to your websites? I would like to see it personally what each one can do. Thanks.

Spock

Private First Class

(10)

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 2:03am

HK

I used to run an IRC server I made available to my Basic Computer students and a few others so they could see what chat was all about. Do you know if they would allow something like that to run on their host? That's the only thing I really need. The company I had my IRC server hosted with was evidently run by a bunch of kids and they pulled the plug after about 3 months hosting ... after I pre-payed for a year! :(

Can I see the links to your websites? I would like to see it personally what each one can do. Thanks.

I don't normally like to "advertise" my website as it's designed for a limited clientèle right now but, since you asked:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://pctalk.info/">http://pctalk.info/</a><!-- m -->

You should be aware that the publicly viewable portion of the support forum is only about 75% of what a registered member can see. You need a special registration code to register though, as I've had so much trouble with spammers and I'm not really bothered if not many people join.

Shadow Viper1

Private First Class

(10)

• United States

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 2:31am

Quoted from ""Spock""

HK

I used to run an IRC server I made available to my Basic Computer students and a few others so they could see what chat was all about. Do you know if they would allow something like that to run on their host? That's the only thing I really need. The company I had my IRC server hosted with was evidently run by a bunch of kids and they pulled the plug after about 3 months hosting ... after I pre-payed for a year! :(

I don't normally like to "advertise" my website as it's designed for a limited clientèle right now but, since you asked:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://pctalk.info/">http://pctalk.info/</a><!-- m -->

You should be aware that the publicly viewable portion of the support forum is only about 75% of what a registered member can see. You need a special registration code to register though, as I've had so much trouble with spammers and I'm not really bothered if not many people join.

Does it come with some good themes, some that will fit in with the Freelancer crowd (spacy) and can edit the logo (since I have my own logo). Thanks for you guys help. If anyone else have any ideas, I would like to hear them.

Spock

Private First Class

(10)

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 3:00am

Does it come with some good themes ...

That I cannot tell you as I don't use their website builder software. My entire site is custom built from hand coded files. In that sense, I guess you could add whatever you wanted to.

Shadow Viper1

Private First Class

(10)

• United States

Tuesday, May 19th 2009, 11:13pm

Quoted from ""Spock""

Does it come with some good themes ...

That I cannot tell you as I don't use their website builder software. My entire site is custom built from hand coded files. In that sense, I guess you could add whatever you wanted to.

Sounds cool, $5 to $6 isn't that much for pro. I might think about using them.

United States

Tuesday, June 23rd 2009, 7:46pm

Quoted from ""Spock""

HK

Does it come with some good themes, some that will fit in with the Freelancer crowd (spacy) and can edit the logo (since I have my own logo). Thanks for you guys help. If anyone else have any ideas, I would like to hear them.

Go to thier site and read. You can have any theme you want because you have total control over what you do with it. You tell them what type of forum you want, ie...SMF, FF, phpBB, Nuke and you can have it. They install the dfeafult forum for you and you take it from there. If you want custom design well, you'll have to pay for it or get someone you know and trust to have the access to design it for you. They offer. "Free Hosting" You handle you end of the business.

I just offered the site for you to view, not for me to do the work for you. You're looking for a good hosting site, I gave. I use it and haven't had any problems. I even use them to host my TS server.

HK

Shadow Viper1

Private First Class

(10)

• United States

Friday, July 10th 2009, 9:02am

well, it's not that important anymore, I am using my friend's account on Dreamhost to host my sites, it's pretty cool.

Social bookmarks

Legend:

Forum contains no new posts
Forum contains new posts
Forum is closed
Forum is an external link