(10)

• "pitbull_1973" started this thread

Activitypoints: 10

Date of registration: Aug 24th 2010

Reputation modifier: 2

Level: 13 [?]

Experience: 3,034

Next Level: 4,033

member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month

Tuesday, August 24th 2010, 3:09pm

Starlancer graphics help?

I have an old Dell Dimension 2400 that I maxed out with 2GB PC3200 RAM and installed Win7 Pro 32bit on. I was able to procure a 512MB GeForce 8400 GS PCI vid card (no AGP or PCIEx slots) and dropped in an old SB Live! Value sound card (from an old Dimension 8300) primarily for the built in Gameport so my Sidewinder Precision Pro would work (non-USB). This is one heck of a Frankenstein build and it took a little tweaking to get everything to play nice together, but so far, so good. I have gotten best drivers available for my vid and sound cards and I'm using a gameport support pack for Vista written by Daniel Kawakami (Google it).

I broke out my old Starlancer CDs and did a clean install to test it out and the game RUNS fine. There is just an annoying graphics distortion that is bugging me. There are random 1 pixel high lines of distortion about an inch wide that pop up in the cutscenes and in any animation. For example, during mission briefings, the static graphics around the big video board are clean, but the vid board itself has the distortion while the animation is running, and Commander Enriquez shows the distortion while she is talking.

Also, the scenes that show when walking from your bunk to the briefing room appears to be clean. While in missions, the video on the HUD when wingmen are talking gets distortion, but the actual ships you are trying to shoot at seem to be clear (or at least, with the space background being so dark, maybe I don't notice it).

Any tips on where I can start to troubleshoot this problem would be greatly appreciated. Also, if anyone has any ideas on how I can grab a screenshot of the videos to better explain what I am seeing would be helpful.

Social bookmarks

Legend:

Forum contains no new posts
Forum contains new posts
Forum is closed
Forum is an external link