You are not logged in.

LCamino

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Jan 12th 2005

Reputation modifier: 8

member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month

Saturday, January 22nd 2005, 11:24pm

hey chips, i´ve tried to do what you said before and still doesn´t allow access. I have McAfee and that may be a problem but so far i´ve tried allowing windows firewall to it and opened all ports and still nothing. Have any other ideas?
Signature from »LCamino«

ThrustBuster

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Apr 12th 2004

Reputation modifier: 9

member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month member since 168 month

Monday, February 21st 2005, 11:06am

In replay to: /Shodan/ I´m using ZoneAlarm too. But I haven´t had any problems with it. I´m using version 5.5. I agree that ZoneAlarm is the best firewall out there. It is real easy to allow and block a programs access to the internet. Anyways, just wanted to say that I don´t have any problems with version 5.5. ==================== ThrustBuster God says...The Bible says...That Jesus is the only way to Heaven...It has been proven over and over...Oh, and did I say that I AGREE! Jesus rose and is risen from the dead!
Signature from »ThrustBuster« ==================== ThrustBuster God says...The Bible says...That Jesus is the only way to Heaven...It has been proven over and over...Oh, and did I say that I AGREE! Jesus rose and is risen from the dead!

jdwhit54

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Apr 2nd 2005

member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month

Sunday, April 3rd 2005, 10:46am

I have fallen prey to the "no server´s showing" up problem. I am, however, not nearly as computer literate as the rest of ya´ll. I have a compaq persario with XP and McAfee 2005ver9.0. This just started for me last friday night. Until then I had played this game for 2 years with absolutely no problems. I have tried the direct connect program, downloaded here, it doesn´t work and I tried some of the things listed here but most don´t apply to my machine. I am at my wits end..... Taking any suggestions. Thanks.
Signature from »jdwhit54«

Joliban

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: May 11th 2005

member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month

Wednesday, May 11th 2005, 3:31pm

I have also fallen prey to the same problem and, since I have faithfully carried out each piece of advice related to "Multiplayer connection issues" on this [and many other forum(s), am prepared to listen to further suggestions. 1) I have turned off McAfee in preferrence to the more simple, but probably less conflicting, Windows Firewall. 2) I have included the .exe in the exception tab - in addition to explicitly granting port 2302 access. 3) And I after clicking on "LAN" I can see the server in the list which I specified using the -s command. However, whilst attempting to connect to it I only only recieve the "...taking longer than expected." message - which never seems to connect. (This is so frustrating as I have no trouble with "Worms World Party" or "Neverwinter Nights" (Why can´t we just use GameSpy???) - it´s just Freelancer that throws a wobbly!) Please, please, please help.
Signature from »Joliban«

Louva-Deus

Gunnery Sergeant

(10)

Activitypoints: 3,245

Date of registration: Aug 29th 2003

Level: 43 [?]

Experience: 3,343,146

Next Level: 3,609,430

member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month

Sunday, May 15th 2005, 1:52pm

You need to open ports 2300 to 2305, TCP &amp; UDP, to be able to access most servers. Some use non-standard ports and you would have to add those specifically if you wanted to play on them. Check out the latest beta´s of the <A href=´http://eoa.seriouszone.com/?page=flsdk´ Target=_Blank>Freelancer S.D.K. 1.5</a> and <A href=´http://eoa.seriouszone.com/?page=flexp´ Target=_Blank>Freelancer Explorer v2.x</a>
Signature from »Louva-Deus« Old dog. New tricks.

Phist

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Jun 12th 2005

Sunday, June 12th 2005, 12:17pm

WTF, I turned my firewall OFF and I still can´t connect. They say that this has hit a lot of people lately. Has ANYONE been able to get around it or fix it?
Signature from »Phist« Who will guard the guards?

Louva-Deus

Gunnery Sergeant

(10)

Activitypoints: 3,245

Date of registration: Aug 29th 2003

Level: 43 [?]

Experience: 3,343,146

Next Level: 3,609,430

member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month member since 180 month

Monday, June 13th 2005, 3:20pm

Maybe some virus decided to use the same ports? Check out the latest beta´s of the <A href=´http://eoa.seriouszone.com/?page=flsdk´ Target=_Blank>Freelancer S.D.K. 1.5</a> and <A href=´http://eoa.seriouszone.com/?page=flexp´ Target=_Blank>Freelancer Explorer v2.x</a>
Signature from »Louva-Deus« Old dog. New tricks.

Jobu

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Jun 27th 2005

Monday, June 27th 2005, 8:34am

I have tried this fix, and i still can´t connect. it just sits there &quot;connecting to global server&quot; for about 30sec, then crashes. i am running xp pro w/ sp2, have disabled the windows firewall, and am running McAffe firewall. i have even tried disabling the firewall and still not met with any success. any advice on how to fix this would be very welcome as i am board to tears with the SP aspect of the game. Thanks! fake it till ya make it.
Signature from »Jobu« fake it till ya make it.

joemental

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Aug 16th 2005

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 6:43pm

has anyone found a fix to the ´no servers appearing´ bug? definetly nothing to do with the firewall, turned it off completely plus i can see the port open. people that are having connection issues, are you with AOL? im thinking it may be an issue to do with the way AOL connect to the internet or stops certain traffic from filtering through the proxys.
Signature from »joemental«

joemental

Private First Class

(10)

Tuesday, August 16th 2005, 8:10pm

<pre><font size=1 face=Courier> <b>Games cannot connect to matchmaking services - http://www.kbalertz.com/kb_829151.aspx </b> SYMPTOMS In Microsoft Freelancer, when you click Connect to try to play a multiplayer session, one or more of the following symptoms may occur in the Freelancer Servers dialog box. Note Each of these symptoms indicates that Freelancer cannot connect to a global server to play a multiplayer session of Freelancer. &#8226; The following text appears in the upper-right corner of the Freelancer Servers dialog box: Connecting to global server &#8226; When you view the Network tab of the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag), the term Errors may appear in the Registered DirectPlay Service Providers pane. &#8226; You may receive an error message that is similar to the following in the Notes pane: The registry information for the DirectXPlay8 TCP/IP service provider is missing or damaged. &#8226; You may receive the following error message: Unable to establish a network connection. Please check your network connection and try again. &#8226; When you try to create a user account after you start a multiplayer session, you may receive the following error message : Error creating account. Ensure that you are connected to the internet. Back to the top Back to the top CAUSE The Microsoft DirectPlay Dpnet.dll file is not correctly installed or registered. Back to the top Back to the top RESOLUTION Verify that DirectX is installed correctly To verify that DirectX is installed correctly and that all DirectX files are the correct version, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, click Run, type dxdiag in the Open box, and then click OK. 2. In the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, on the System tab, verify that the DirectX version is version 9.0a or later. 3. On the DirectX Files tab, in the Notes box, verify that the text &quot;No problems found&quot; appears. Note If problems are found, install the latest version of DirectX. To obtain the latest version of DirectX, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx) 4. On the Network tab, verify that the symptoms of a corrupted DirectPlay installation are not present. These symptoms include: &#8226; The word &quot;Errors&quot; appears in the Registered DirectPlay Service Providers box. &#8226; The Test DirectPlay button is unavailable. &#8226; The following error message appears in the Notes box: The registry information for the DirectXPlay8 TCP/IP service provider is missing or damaged. Note If these symptoms are present, quit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, and then follow these steps: a. Click Start, click Run, type regsvr32 dpnet.dll in the Open box, and then click OK. b. When you receive the following message, click OK: DllRegisterServer in dpnet.dll succeeded. c. Repeat steps 1 through 5 to determine whether the symptoms of a corrupted DirectPlay installation are still present. If so, quit the DirectX Diagnostic Tool, and then install the latest version of DirectX. To obtain the latest version of DirectX, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx/default.aspx) To resolve this issue, download and install the most recent version of Microsoft DirectX. To do so, follow these steps: 1. Visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx (http://www.microsoft.com/windows/directx) 2. Click to download the most recent version of DirectX. 3. In the Change Language drop-down box, click the language that is appropriate for your computer, and then click Download. 4. In the File Download dialog box, click Open. 5. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process. Back to the top Back to the top </font></pre> direct link for directx 9.0c http://download.microsoft.com/download/6/d/8/6d8af880-c050-455c-9536-4a04725db85f/dx90_redist.exe if that doesnt help are some people on AOL? Freelancer seems to have issues with AOL because they use 2 ip addresses per adsl connection. <A href=´http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?InCC_hdn=True&amp;Product=&amp;KeywordType=ALL&amp;Titles=false&amp;numDays=&amp;maxResults=25&amp;Queryl=Freelancer&amp;Query=Freelancer&amp;Catalog=LCID%3D1033%26CDID%3DEN-US-KB%26PRODLISTSRC%3DON&amp;QuerySource=gsfxSearch_Query&amp;srchExtraQry=´ Target=_Blank>Microsoft Freelancer KnowledgeBase</a>

joemental

Private First Class

(10)

Thursday, August 18th 2005, 8:47pm

ok managed to fix the Freelancer ´no servers appearing´ bug by going to START&gt;NETWORK AND DIALUP CONNECTIONS&gt; THEN RIGHT CLICK ON YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION THAT YOU USE FOR FREELANCER AND GOTO PROPERTIES. IN THE SECTION CALLED &quot;COMPONENTS CHECKED ARE USED BY THIS CONNECTION&quot; MAKE SURE THAT YOU DO NOT HAVE ANY DEVICES CALLED &quot;PPPoE WIN PROTOCOL (WIN 2000 &amp; XP)&quot;, IF YOU DO THEN UNCHECK IT. THIS IS ASSUMING THAT THERE ARE NO OTHER NETWORK DEVICES RUNNING WHICH MICROSOFT ALREADY MENTIONED IN THE TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE. IF THERE ARE THEN THESE CAN BE DISABLED BY GOING TO MY COMPUTER&gt; PROPERTIES&gt; SYSTEM HARDWARE&gt; DEVICE MANAGER THEN DOWN TO NETWORK DEVICES. RIGHT CLICK AND DISABLE TO DISABLE ANY UNNEEDED NETWORK DEVICES. PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS HELP IS FOR PEOPLE WHO ARE CONNECTING TO THE GLOBAL SERVER BUT ARE NOT RECIEVING A LIST OF SERVERS BACK WHEN CLICKING THE REFRESH BUTTON. THIS IS DUE TO A FREELANCER ERROR IN NOT BEING ABLE TO WORK IF THERE ARE MORE THAN 2 EXTERNAL IP ADDRESSES ON THE SAME COMPUTER. THIS ISSUE CAN ALSO BE A PROBLEM FOR AOL USERS.

broken

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Aug 27th 2005

Saturday, August 27th 2005, 9:57pm

Hey Hey when i go into multiplayer i select my server and then i click connect but it does nuthin wats wrong i got AVAST antivirus
Signature from »broken«

Limbic

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Jul 23rd 2003

Monday, September 5th 2005, 10:48am

I have a completely different problem lately. I cannot connect to the Global Server unless I have a mod activated. Strange. I´ve been playing over two years, and have never had any problem with my ZoneAlarm Pro, as I´ve configured it properly. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling both FL and FLMM. I tried to connect to the GS prior to having the FLMM reinstalled, and still could not connect. I can only connect when I have a mod acvitated. Anyone else run into this? I´ve even turned off the firewall, and nothing. I don´t have the windows firewall activated, and I´ve never had any problems with the DSL modem either. Change is the only constant there is.
Signature from »Limbic« Change is the only constant there is.

jimbobjunior

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Sep 17th 2005

Saturday, September 17th 2005, 12:11pm

Where do i access zonealarm from? See i´m having do disable all the security programs on my comp because after it got a virus my parents went skitzo and installed damn near everything... just working through them all.
Signature from »jimbobjunior« Clan: NAFL Clan Rank: Lieutenant Clan Homepage: www.nafl.tk Home Server: DH Domain Server MOD: TNG 2.7

• "Chips" has been banned
  • "Chips" started this thread

Activitypoints: 29,225

Reputation modifier: 15

Level: 53 [?]

Experience: 18,732,135

Next Level: 19,059,430

member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month member since 120 month

Sunday, September 25th 2005, 3:42am

Zone Alarm should appear in your &quot;system tray&quot; in the bottom right hand corner. Double click on it to open it up, then click on the firewall tab and select the programs tab. Now find Freelancer.exe - and click on the &quot;trusted&quot; and &quot;internet&quot; settings for both access and server. If you cannot see Freelancer in the list, there is an add button near the bottom - click it and then navigate to the Freelancer.exe file.

SparXxX

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Jun 29th 2004

Thursday, September 29th 2005, 12:14am

Hey guys because there are soooo many guys that have got this problem ive decided to be nice and give a little help. I used to have this problem because my internet was going through a IPX connection in a LAN. First..... disable any firewalls or proxys that you may have running on YOUR computer. run Freelancer and go to multiplayer etc etc, If it dosent succeed then..... (this is what i did every time i played FL in multiplayer). Dissconnect your Lan Cable from your ethernet card, wait 3 seconds and then reconnect it. After 5 seconds or so on the top left corner it should say . Internet connection avalable . connect to server list. and UREKA they should all pop up. note: i dont think this will work if you have a Dialup or login connection to the internet because your internet will fail and you will have to redial or login again, BUT what you can do is run freelancer ,goto multiplayer and wait till you get to the &quot;server list&quot; when it dosent show you the list press ALT+TAB and dissconnect/logout from the internet and reconnect/login and hopefully it should help out. remember MOST IMPORTANTLY its about the FIREWALLS! disable em aLL! that encludes norton internet security,firewall,proxy,antivirus - email protections (i recommend to try disableing auto-protect) and then give it a go.
Signature from »SparXxX« SparkZ n Gasoline don`t mix... UNLess your ME!

Berto

Private First Class

(10)

Date of registration: Oct 3rd 2005

Monday, October 3rd 2005, 5:31am

k, i have a problem (duh). I´ve done some searching, and I´ve found that it´s fairly common, but I still can´t find a solution, so I do need help. Here you go: I have 3 comps on a network with router and cable modum, no fire walls on. The 2 I play Freelancer with can connect to servers just fine, but if they try to connect to the same server, 1 says &quot;Please wait. The request is taking longer than expected. Press Esc. to cancel&quot; then says that the connection can´t be established. But if I have my 3rd comp as a server, the other 2 can play together just fine and other people can join too. I think it´s because it´s only going over LAN so no IP problems. If I had to guess, I´d wager that it´s a router setting or IP address problem. I´ve tried DMZ´ing 1 of the comps, but no go. I know a bit about computers but not much about networks. Anyone have any suggestions? Edited by - berto on 10/3/2005 4:34:11 AM Edited by - berto on 10/3/2005 4:34:41 AM Edited by - berto on 10/3/2005 4:35:10 AM
Signature from »Berto«

Social bookmarks

Legend:

Forum contains no new posts
Forum contains new posts
Forum is closed
Forum is an external link