(10)

• "keithlawless" started this thread

Activitypoints: 10

Date of registration: Dec 31st 2010

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 12 [?]

Experience: 2,908

Next Level: 2,912

member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month

Friday, December 31st 2010, 3:50pm

Tweaking asteroid field loot (server side)

Hi,

I'm relatively new to Freelancer modding, so please be patient with the noob question. :)

I'm running a Freelancer server (with Discovery mod) on a dedicated machine, and would like to tweak the settings for asteroid fields to change the loot that is dropped by mined asteroids.

When I make changes to the asteroid_field.ini files in DATA/SOLAR/ASTEROIDS and restart the server, the changes are not visible to clients logging into the server.

Is there a step I'm missing to cause the server to push the new asteroid data down to the client? I know that different servers have this feature without requiring clients to download a mod.

Any help is appreciated.

Keith

SWAT_OP-R8R

Administrator

(12)

Germany

Activitypoints: 8,615

Date of registration: Oct 15th 2010

Reputation modifier: 14

Level: 45 [?]

Experience: 4,634,743

Next Level: 5,107,448

member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month

Friday, December 31st 2010, 5:13pm

asteroid loot is client side, thats why it is not working
Signature from »SWAT_OP-R8R«

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
(" )_(" ) signature to help him gain world domination.
Only dead fish swim with the stream.
Diplomacy is the art of saying, "Nice doggie" while picking up a rock.

trichomes

Apprentice

(10)

Activitypoints: 5

Date of registration: Feb 7th 2011

Reputation modifier: 1

Level: 12 [?]

Experience: 2,870

Next Level: 2,912

member since 84 month member since 84 month member since 84 month member since 84 month member since 84 month member since 84 month member since 84 month

Tuesday, February 22nd 2011, 1:23am

server side

Answer is correct, however, you are also correct that there are servers, like Discovery RP Relax, that dont require a seperate download of any kind, to get neobium in the driftwoodasteroidfield located at f6 in pennsylvania system, so, I would see if you can contact the server gm's or see if relax has a webpage for possible answers to your question.

Social bookmarks

Legend:

Forum contains no new posts
Forum contains new posts
Forum is closed
Forum is an external link