(10)

• "oldtimer" started this thread

Activitypoints: 25

Date of registration: Jun 4th 2005

Reputation modifier: 9

Level: 18 [?]

Experience: 14,736

Next Level: 17,484

member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month member since 156 month

Friday, November 30th 2012, 5:51am

New bases don't show in buying commodities summary

Hello. I am running Flrebalance340full mod. I downloaded it years ago. Some of the new bases are not showing up in the commodity summary. When buying a commodity, there is a window at the bottom which shows prices for all known bases for the item. Base Greenfield and others in the Idaho system are not listed. I would like to fix this for my personal use if it's just an .ini file that needs editing.

I tried adding the system to systems_shortest_path.ini, but that didn't help.

[SystemConnections]
Path = ia01, ia01, ia01
Path = ia01, li01, ia01, li01
Path = ia01, li02, ia01, li01, li02
Path = ia01, li03, ia01, li01, li03
Path = ia01, li04, ia01, li01, li04

I can live with the problem, but I'm curious to know how this feature works.
Signature from »oldtimer«

SWAT_OP-R8R

Administrator

(12)

Germany

Activitypoints: 8,615

Date of registration: Oct 15th 2010

Reputation modifier: 14

Level: 45 [?]

Experience: 4,585,640

Next Level: 5,107,448

member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month member since 96 month

Saturday, December 1st 2012, 9:29am

quoting:

Quoted

The second one does not show up until after the player has visited the base. The two dll entries are tied together in data\Interface\InfocardMap.ini :

Map = 65759, 65760

To enable the game to display this second part after the player visited the base, the ids_info refer number needs to be the same in the StarSystem's ini-file and in InfocardMap.ini, otherwise the game would have no clue there even is a sceond part...

Now, it is of course possible to just write the contents of your custom bases into one dll. You will then see the entire ids_info dll if you have been near to it, instead of only after you have actually been there. That would be much of a loss, I think.

But there is more to this dual ids_info construct: in between the contents of this paired set info_cards, the game displays that base's Market info: ships for sale, commodities selling and buying, and equipment for sale. So, by using just one InfoCard entry and not using InfoCardMap.ini, you will lose that feature. Which would make the game less cool

So, that's why I wondered if there's a way to add this functionality to FLMM? It probably should be a variety of the regular GENERATEXMLRES, say GENERATEXMLSET, being followed by two xml entries instead of one (I replaced the < and > with { and } because I'm not sure the < and > will show up):

Social bookmarks

Legend:

Forum contains no new posts
Forum contains new posts
Forum is closed
Forum is an external link