Single player missions editing -- Help plz!!

• Hello again!!

I'm trying to edit the single player game systems, because most of them look awful and so unrealistic. I did change some solars, like suns and undockable giant planets, but I hit a wall when I try to change the size of the base planets. here's an example of what I did:

Let's say Li_01, planet Pittsburg. There's plenty of space at the end of that trade lane for a 40000k big planet. Of course the plantet's position is changing, but I carefuly fixed the docking ring position in the Li_01.ini file so it's at the exact same position that it was before i changed the size of the planet, so in theory it should not affect the missions.

I looked in the ini file that refers to the rogue base mission M01b and I found the coordinates for the last waypoint of the mission, planet Pittsburg's docking ring, every thing is good so far.

But in the game, the story trigger does not activate, even if the marker King sends you is at the right position on the docking ring nothing happens, you can't land on the planet, and you fail the mission.

Any ideas where I should look to fix this? I tried it in several missions where you have to land on a planet and every time same thing happens, even if nothing has been moved in the system. Obviously something is wrong.

Oh, and another thing...
    I set the planets spin to 0,01 so there're turning slowly and nicely, until I'm at 8K from it, then they just stop lol any ideas why?

My systems are looking very good everything works just fine, with a little help fixing the missions (and planet rotation) problem my mod is gonna be very nice to play in SP mod ;)

Thx for your help ppl!! :D

• I'll answer the easy one first (planet spin).
    Set the spin to 0.06 since that seems to be the slowest I could set it
    for the planet to continuously spin regardless of distance. (Maybe it could be
    set slower if the planet mass itself were changed to a larger figure in the
    solararch? )

First situation:
    When you changed the size of the planet, I think if you had left the docking
    ring where it originally was and adjusted the position of the planet instead,
    the triggers might function as they were intended. Because the story line
    missions ini files contain the spawn points, routes, flags and routines the direct
    the related ships to do their job.
    Take a look at the mission ini file and verify that Planet Pittsburg is also the
    same planet that you replaced the original with. (it might not be there, but
    check it to make sure). I'm only taking a guess here since I try to avoid
    the story line objects.
    Even the prescribed paths which are taken have "size, length and position"
    relative to each one of their legs. Say for instance: the last leg of a path that
    leads to the docking ring at Pittsburg has specific critiria in the
    Mission 01a/b file.
    Changing the size of Pittsburg also affected a part of this mission criteria...
    which may have affected the specific mission triggers.
    This part I think is way more complicated to deal with than just readjusting
    the position of the planet.
    I think if you can adjust those mission specific triggers to accomodate the
    change of planet size, your mission triggers might begin working again.

DM Rankor
    Sirius Engineering
    Building Sirius Toward The Future