Server Stability?

• I run a full time server on this: P3-600 160megs ram (upgraded today to 512megs) 6gig HD nVidia Geforce4 mx440 windows 98se this machine was maxing out the ram usage untill I upgraded my problem is, the server stops posting to the list server oh, I also forgot to mention, this pc is the house pc, it isn´t dedicated to FLServer I don´t think it is your system Dower, have you tried reinstalling? or getting the 1.1 patch? I read in another thread that someone else was having problems with flserver and win2k, you might look into that also. +------------+ ~Thud +------------+ Edited by - Thud on 2/9/2005 9:51:40 PM Edited by - Thud on 2/9/2005 9:52:34 PM

• For a NT os you don´t have enough ram, win2k needs 348mb minimum ideally 512 to work well, then you add the requirments for FL and it increases further too 1gig. So a ram upgrade would help a lot. Next the page file aka virtual memory, it´s best to have it a fixed size as it not viable to let windows control it´s size, so set the min/max to Both 2.5 times the current ram