• That would be x-tremely cool but there are 2 problems 1) no way yet of actually implementing totally new, fully functional ships (and what mod can be w/o SW ships) 2) Lucas(arts) has always been bitchy about SW content in non-Lucas production.

• I´m sure to recieve hate responses, but I find most of the ships in FL (nowhere near as cool as Starlancer) very blocky and ugly even though the game is a blast. I would LOVE to see a SW conversion, but since scale *ehem* is sadly lacking is FL, a stardestroyer would probably be the size of a medium size house.

• LOL. Yeah, the sense of scale needs to be tweaked slightly. I´d love a faction-oriented, balanced gameplay mod like a Star Wars mod... Anyone else think this game would rock with hyperspace instead of those slow, short-ranged trade lanes? No, wait, that question is like, "Do you want to take a four day drive to Disneyland and put up with several thug ambushes and pieces of highway coming off under you, in which case you would lose everything in your car that wasn´t bolted down excepting your wallet, and oh yeah you have no home because you´ve been evicted so it´s a one way trip or else... Or would you like to spend a little more time getting a plane and flying there with only the possible risk of smacking into a planet on the way?" Of course it would. "I think this hold full of toxic waste will secure us a good price."

"I think this hold full of toxic waste will secure us a good price."

• i do agree actually a star wrs mod would fit very well, if you only used frieghters and above from star wars not all the fighters. maybe make the navy or military use the star fighters but player ships must be frieghters and lets face it there are loads. the millenium falcon, the outrider, slave 1 etc. only problem i see is getting around the hyperspace problem. maybe we could make the ships cruise becomse the hyperspace but to safely go from system to system we could but in nav nodes or something rather than jumpgates since these dont exist in star wars. any ideas?

• In the newer games there are "hyper bouys" that you use, those could replace jumpgates. Cruise engines could be the equivilent of diverting all your shield and weapon power to the engines. It could be done and personally I think FL would be a great place for it. Unfortunately it would take a lot of major game changes that we´re still probably months away from being able to accomplish, if ever.

• Gag, I don´t feel the whole "hyperspace" thing would be an problem. Most people (should) realize this is a game and not everything will be like the movies. I like your idea of the fighters being more of a background thing and using the MF to haul cargo would be great. Alliance Fire & Rescue

• Gag, how hard will it be to import the SW ships you made for Starlancer? P.S. I like the new ones on you website. Alliance Fire & Rescue

• Only downside with adding Star Wars type ships..... X-Wing had only 6 weapons (4 lasers, and 2 missile launchers) A-Wing had 4 (2 laser 2 missile) Y-Wing had a top mounted turret(Which never seemd to rotate in the games or movies), and 2 forward lasers, and 2 missle launchers B-Wing had 6 Laser (3 laser 3 ION) and 2 missile Are you taking into account for that? Wouldn´t be right to have an X-Wing with turrets, and bristling with weapons in the wrong place.... These are also SMALL FIGHTERS...Would not make sense to have them as heavies... Shouldn´t be any more powerful then a light fighter. -Arg -If you want to flame me...Don´t post it in here...email me at argonus@cox-internet.com Or call 1-800-RYP-OFF1

• bigest point your overlooking is that starwars ships are extremly agile and fast, 200 is normal speed and they can turn ournd on a penny. but once the shields are down 1 shot usually means death. I geus that the weapon class would be around 5 or 6.

• Just some comments, was some times since I read any SW so I may be way off here, but I think the B-Wing is designated as a heavy bomber and that the lasers on an A-Wing can be rotated at least up and down... Another idea might be to take the movie-swhips and use them as light fighters and use the extra game/novel ships as heavy fighters (like the Assault Gunboat or the E-Wing)

• trust me i´m a fan, i was thinking that player ships would be freighters, ie the millenium falcon, slave 1, etc. there are loads to choose from. and the x-wings, a-wings would litterally jut be in the background as navy forces, remember were talking total conversion not just star wars ships in freelancer, as for turning and speed, easily modded.