Lost Tool

• Hello,

I am desesperately looking for an old freelancer utility software which i used a lot a few years ago but cannot remember its name now (less the place to get it). It displays all info about the game objects (bases, ships, weapons, shields...) by reading the ini files , so it worked with (most) mods.

It is *not* Datastorm, FL companion, FL explorer or any kind of advanced editing tool. The interface is very simple (a few lists in tabs), and do not include system maps.

If someone remember that tool, please tell me.

• I think you're looking for the freelancer miscellaneous database.
    The one in the tool section of the downloads may not be the latest version because the file size is much smaller than the one I have so I'll attach it to this post so you can download it from here.

After attaching the file I found the right one
    file name: Freelancermisc.database
    It's on page 9 in the tool section http://www.lancersreactor.org/…s/index.php?page=9&sort=1
    direct download link: http://www.lancersreactor.org/…index.php?file=164&sort=1

[attachment=0]<!-- ia0 -->Freelancer Misc. Data Base.xls<!-- ia0 -->[/attachment]

• Thanks, but that is not what i am looking for. That file is an excel sheet, showing raw data about the vanilla game (unless i missed something).
    The tool i used is a separate software (likely to be written with Visual Basic or VBA) from any app (other than FL) and one of its features was the ability to read from actual ini files, not limited to the original data. A bit like FL datastorm, but smaller, faster and more detailed on objects (ie weapon damage types vs shields, ship hardpoints compatibility...) and without maps.

• Probably not, flstat is Freelancer Rankings for the Web.
    I have so many tools that's it hard to know what you're looking for.
    Datastorm does all those things that you mentioned except for the map thing, it does show system maps.
    If you don't see it in the tool section try the unsorted section there's goodies in there too.

• Quote from "bakedpotato"

Probably not, flstat is Freelancer Rankings for the Web.
    I have so many tools that's it hard to know what you're looking for.
    Datastorm does all those things that you mentioned except for the map thing, it does show system maps.
    If you don't see it in the tool section try the unsorted section there's goodies in there too.

Although named the same this is not the FLstat used for the www display, this is as the OP described.

Probably worth putting in the download section as it complements Datastorm and FL Companion.

• You're right, I do remember this program now after I downloaded it and started it up. Although it was blank the first time, no information showed up, after shutting it down and restarting flstat again it read the ini files and all the data showed up.

This has got to be in the downloads somewhere because I remember putting it there long ago, in a galaxy far, far away.

Yep I'll bet this is what he's looking for. So Tunicle you win the prize, collect your bag of space dust at the local bakedpotato's space dust emporium :P

• I've put up a patched version of this on my site. It adds "Hull Dmg/s" and "Power/s" columns to the Guns tab; uses the "Show blank names" option to remove Class 0 Guns/Missiles and Ships with an Impulse Speed of 0; uses degrees instead of radians; and fixes the "Shield Dmg" value.