A different Type of Crash..

• A few things to try: 1. Set all your overclocked components to their regular speed and see if the problem still occurs. 2. I´ve seen a similar problem having to do with a network connection. If you´re on a network, try disabling it briefly to see if that has any affect. If it does, you´ll want to re-enable it and play around with the settings. (If I remember right, for me it was caused by the file and printer sharing, and after messing with that stuff and uninstalling/reinstalling, I eventually got it working again). EDIT: For #2, this was waaay before FreeLancer, but a similar thing happening. However, just remembered it happened in virtually everything (especially games, but even Windows itself), so this probably is not it. Edited by - guptasa1 on 29-03-2003 06:19:51

• I run O/C´ed components and don´t have a problem with Freelancer so I don´t see how that could affect it. It´s gotta be something else. Probably video drivers or DX...

• I´m not arguing or anything, but some applications are more sensitive to overclocking than others (and it does depend a lot on the computer), so it may be worth a try. I read somewhere else on here that it fixed it for someone. It may not, but if you´ve tried everything else, just a might-work idea.