Question about sectors and roids

• Greetings all,

Ok please bare with me, I'm new to the modding thing. Just ported over some ships from a mod and a few systems to see if I could...it went well and pretty. Then added my own race to the game...wonderful, opened gmax and after a few hours of looking around dumbfounded, finally had a (somewhat bland) ship I ported over to milkshape. But now...

First, how does one increase the sector map? If I open it with freelancer explorer I see that I could possible put like...200 or something like that, systems in there..but things would be so cramped you would never be able to look at the thing. So I would like to be able to have a big jump gate in like... Omicron Major that would take you to, lets say Alpha Centari and then you could explore another 100 or so systems. How does one accomplish this?

Also, from my time playing on Disco, I noticed one big thing I really didn't like. Capitol ships and astroids. You could invade a system with a bunch of maxed out fighters, and as long as you were decent at flying through asteroids, no cruisers or anything like that could hunt you down, even though if they tried...perfect place to drop them. So how would a person go about making asteroids movable. The BIG ones don't budge...but if you could "slowly" prod through with a large ship...you could possibly move them out of the way, or if you could make then distroyable that would be good too. It would give Cap ships a way in, although slow, and "in my opinion" at least give player driven caps a CHOICE weather or not to get a few more cruisers and chase down the bad guys in the rocks and they would still be a pretty good target for fighters. Any help appericated. Thanks

• To the asteroids: Take a look at the Destructible Universe Mod. The Badlands are modified so you can push the asteroids away or destroy them. Its just a bit POC like.