give a mine/torpedo a "weapon_type"

• hi.. i am again^^
    i need to set a "weapon_type" at a mine/torpedo..
    "weapon_type = W_ac" doesnt work =/..
    i have set the weapon type in the ini but its want to work =((

i hope one of you all have a idea^^

mfg
    SgtIgram

• yeah......trying to do what you're doing is like flapping your arms trying to fly. To add a weapon class, you have to create a new line in the resources.dll, get freelancer.exe to recognize it, and I think there was something else, but honestly, I wouldn't even begin to try and do this. It'd be easier to just rewrite all the weapons, and make hp_weapon_10 just for it.

• If you can, elaborate on that. If nothing else, email me what you're trying to do and what you have and I'll see what I can do.

• it just hit me what he's prolly trying to do. If I'm thinking right, he's trying to make different levels of torpedo's and mines like how the weapons have different levels.

• i neednt help... i have another method found...
    my "shock-weapon" makes a shock arround the ship and destroy all rockets they are near(200m)
    lifetime is 0.. thats mean the rocket explode immediately... Template was a rocket for the gun-slot (for example lancer)
    then i can set a weapon_type...

sorry for this "english" :mrgreen:

• there already was a small mod which had such kinds of weapons
    an missile with 0 lifetime simply act like some kind of emp

• I had a thought the other night on how to do this, but it's just a cover, not an actual build. If you take and rewrite all the level 9 and 10 weapons to be levels 8 and less, once I get my computer back in a few days, I could go and change the part that says Class 9 and Class 10 to Class 1 whatever and Class 2 whatever.

I thought of this because I'm doing something similar to my mod with the weapon levels. I'm making each weapon level organized by type instead of damage. Example; Level 1 is utility weapons (flash lights, ribbit guns, ect.) Level 2 is projectile weapons, Level 3 is lasers, ect.