FL @ 1280x1024 ?

• Well, my crappy_n_almost_useless Internet-connection are back online, i've found my account already deleted, and... well, enough of this whining :mrgreen:

Aaaaand... cheers going to my cat, he had successfully... errr... "launched" 17'' CRT into his first and last flight from the desk. Bang. Now i'm a proud owner of 17'' LCD and - awwww... - it's matrix is 1280x1024. No 1280x960. Crappy pixel stretching. FL is looking very ugly. And that's my question - did anyone already have a patch (mod, config, anything_useful) for activating 1280x1024 in FL? So i can just d-load and install it and don't bother myself with even more modding? :D

________
    4 admins: my connection isn't just useless... it's buggy! :? please, delete the duplicated topic...

• locate PerfOptions.ini in Documents\My Games\Freelancer\ and open it.

search for [Display], the settings should be selfexplaining - but that r maybe the settings u r looking for:

[Display]
    size= 1280, 1024
    color_bpp= 32
    depth_bpp= 24

save the file and enable writeprotection for it cause fl tends to overwirte such 'uncommon' settings ...

the backdraw is that the userinterface doesn't use whole screen and some elements ar a bit off the position they should be ... nasty old game!

• As per your request the duplicate topic went by the same way your cat did, it's first and last flight, but I'll bet it didn't have the same effect as it did for poor puddy cat :D

• Tried out these, but ended up with invisible and therefore unusable navigation bar. Anyway, 1280x960 works fine on my widescreen and I don´t notice the stretching.

• Great, I wish I had a widescreen :(

New mod under devolpment -
    Systems - 11/100
    Items - 0/?
    Ships - 0/?
    Back Story- Almost done.

Any help would be appericated.

• Thanx. Altered the perfoptions.ini and... Daaaamn, that's looking AWESOME! It's almost extatic - playing with native LCD resolution, after that stretching thingy. And it's an idea for a mod... Fixing HUD for 5:4. I'd like to change the HUD anyway...

2 Lordadmiral Drake: Yep. My CRT monitor's flight was a very funny surprise and a great New Year glass "firework" :mrgreen: because it's happened few days before 01/01/2009... Cat is Ok. Little bastard. Someday i'll teach him how to "fly" monitors own by unfriendly persons, that'll be a great weapon of revenge :mrgreen:

• Here some HUD settings I found for 1280x1024 that seem to look ok except when talking to other ships or docking station, it comes up on the whole screen. Not sure how to adjust that.

Go to "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Freelancer\DATA" Open cameras ini and change to: (note that second parameter gets edited in this post due to word filter - [****] is actually C0ckpitCamera

[WinCamera]
    fovx = 51.4807577023

[CockpitCamera]
    fovx = 66.5644552838
    znear = 2.000000

[ThirdPersonCamera]
    fovx = 66.5644552838

[DeathCamera]
    fovx = 66.5644552838