Can you help!?

• Hi, im wanting to change the "Constants.ini" file for FL, but the problem i'm having is, i haven't got a clue what any of it means, could someone give me an idea as to what it all means so i can change it?? thanks.

• FL Hack provides an option to set the Trade Lane speed. I've also just released a new version which can provide almost-instant acceleration, as well.

I shall describe the constants I know:

MAX_PLAYER_AMMO = 70

The maximum amount of ammo (of one type) you can carry. For example, 70 Javelin missiles, even if you have two launchers.

CRUISE_DISRUPT_TIME = 5

The time in seconds before you can use your cruise engines after being disrupted.

CRUISING_SPEED = 9000

Fairly obvious, however, you also need to change ANOM_LIMITS_MAX_VELOCITY.

HULL_DAMAGE_FACTOR = 0.500000

The amount of shield damage caused by weapons. So if a gun does 16 hull damage, it will do 16 * 0.5 = 8 shield damage (pulse weapons have an additional value).

ANOM_LIMITS_MAX_VELOCITY = 600

The maximum speed you can travel (limits cruise and thruster, but not trade lane).

MAX_LOOT_PER_ASTEROID = 50

The maximum amount of a commodity you'll receive when you shoot a mineable asteroid.

• Depends what you want to use it for. To have "Best path uses jump holes" work requires FL Hack to start the server; everything in the "Single player" section will not work - I don't know how to pass the additional information to make flexible bribes work; no level requirement and higher paying jobs are already MP, anyway; Hypercruise is explicitly disabled (an experiment with dual mutliplayer showed it worked with the first player, but not the second). Haven't really tested anything else (I was more interested in single-player games, since FLHook is geared towards multiplayer), but I expect most of it would be client-oriented, anyway.

• ok i was thinking it could be a nice addition if it worked server side. a person can use it instead of a mod so it can be vanilla and players can join the server with out mods and get the benifits of harder play . you know what i mean.