Setting the reputations of custom factions

• I've been having some problems changing the reputations between a few new factions I've added to FL. All of them start out completely neutral and are completely neutral towards all other factions. Despite the contents of many tutorials, modifying initialworld.ini and empathy.ini doesn't seem to do the trick, at least not if I don't start the game over from the beginning. (Which is not really a preferable option) Do I need to edit the saved games in order to get around this? If so, is there an easier way to do this than with WordPad and the Freelancer Save Editor? If anyone has any ideas, please post them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• You need to add your new factions' rep in mpnewcharacter.fl (using Notepad) for multiplayer new characters, and in newplayer.fl (using a savegame editor) for single player games to get the correct rep to them.

If you don't restart the game with a new character then when one of those new factions' NPCs are encountered their rep to the player will be set to 0 (neutral).

There may be another problem with not restarting - game crashes, when a new faction is not recognised.

• ST, Do you have a recommendation for a particular saved game editor? (assuming there is more than one out there) I'm using FLSaveEditor, but the text files it puts out are enormous and hard to find errors in. If the save is corrupted, you have to sift through the whole file manually without any idea of what went wrong.

Thanks for the reply, BTW.

• If your playing SP, use Ioncross Char. editor.

Proud owner of a MacBook: 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM 120 GB hard drive
    Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.5

The time has come, Join The Resistance!