Multiple CMP Ship Help CMP + CMP = SHIP ?!@?

• <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n253/Nym182/CMP.jpg">http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n253/Nym182/CMP.jpg</a><!-- m -->

I know there are a few way of doing this but I never rly tried it. So I modeled this baby specifically to get 2 CMP files that were easy to attach and position...

If anyone Knows how to do this please post a detailed tutorial or give me some hints... the model is made out of 2 CMP's 21k triangles each. I can't export it as a whole since hard CMP crashes on me and says it runs out of memory or smthin. I can Actually have 1 CMP file of the ship But I don't know how to set the hardpoints in milkshape.

Any Ideas on this would be great. As a Result I will post the final result on the download section for anyone willing to have it ingame.

• Ok so I managed to get the ship as a whole using the cargopod method...it looks amazing... I'll post a link in a few minutes...one problem...the cargopod part of the ship is not visible in the cityscapes and shipdealers... and when I hit another object the cargopod part od the ship gets detatched and floats off into space....anyone know how to fix this?

• <!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://nym182.deviantart.com/art/Freelancer-Project-Phoenix-153150717">http://nym182.deviantart.com/art/Freela ... -153150717</a><!-- m -->

I figured out why the pod kept bumping off of my ship...it had the hit point value set to -1 as I thought that would make it indestructible...apparently It didn't so I set a very high value and it fixed it...one issue remains... I can only see half a ship when I am docked on a planet or station...and it's just sad :((((

• Sorrs, that I can't be of any help, but.......

That's an AMAZING looking Ebonhawk, GREAT textures

That's really something I would like to get my hands on.

Am I a man ? I am. So - I got married. House, wife, children,everything. The FUULL catastrophy !

• well stand by then, because Sushi, one of the Freeworlds TOW developers is going to help me splice the 2 cmp's into one
    and that should resolve all issues. As soon as it's ready I'll make a little mod and put it in the downloads section for everyone to enjoy ;)...cuz I'm a nice guy and since I've learned so much and grown with tlr I figured I'd give smthin' back to the TLR community ;)

• Wow that looks amazing...I'll definately be wedging this into whatever mod I happen to be playin SP with at the time...might just play a trader for the first time since Vanilla WAY back when...can't wait for a release, and kudos on an awesome model/texture job!

[center]Now playing TIE Universe 9.1 campaign

-Proudly flying since 2003-

[/center]

• Any news on progress? I'm definately anticipating this ship getting released. The mod I'm brainstorming atm, should I decide to include non-stock-themed ships, would definately want to get ahold of this baby...

[/center]

• Not yet, I need to do some more work on the model itself and resend it to sushi...but I've been busy with exams. on a paralel sidequest I'm still looking for a way to make cargopods visible in cityscapes...that would make my day...cuz splicing models apparently prevents you from scaling the cmp with fl model tool...or smthin like that...and according to sushi I have to split this ship into 4 different pieces...which is kinda hard cuz I specifically moddelled it for the cargopod method...so yeah...it will take a while. If anyone can dig up some stuff on cargopods that would help a lot. Discovery freelancer has this method where you can buy the cargopods and add them to your ship...but I couldn't rly figure out how that works. For now I'm playin SP with the model as it is appearing as half a ship when docked. I'm sure there is a simple thing I verlooked...something to do with how the game is programmed to render the cityscapes....I'm not sure where to look...but I'll figure it out somehow.

• Lots of mods have mountable cargopods now iirc. I could have sworn the latest beta of Rebalance did...but I'm not much of a trader, so never messed with the ships that use em, never seen em on-world, nor looked at the code to figure out how it was done.

Also, thinking about it more, I might have an idea to get it working, if you wanna PM me what you have now, in FL formats, I can try playin around with it as it is. I've got lots of free time atm, so I can fiddle around with stuff. If not, that's ok, I can wait for the "official" release, just offering help. If you decide to send the files, send the single cmp as well, so I can try playin with it, too.

[/center]