USS NOVA from startrek.... help!!!!

• that's the ship it appeared in a star trek voyager episode. It's also in the game star trek legacy, not such a good game, but the ship look good.

I've been modding and messing about with the enterprise from the motion pictures. I got the ship from a mod called a twist of trek, a good addon mod. got the cmb mesh and gave it some hard points with the hard point editor, then I used crabtrees ship scripter a fantastic program. can't get the 9999 speed thing working and lost the lights but had loads of fun.

But I really want the nova class ship instead. I've checked the star trek mods but it's one of the ships that has NOT appeared in any of the ones ive found. Really suck balls. I've thought about trying to make it myself using GMAX or something but I don't have the smarts for that.

I also DOwnloaded the RAR file for the game star trek legacy on PC to see if I could import the mesh into some I could then export into freelancer........No luck so far.

Can anyone help! ps please excuse spelling I am english

• I might be able to help here - I was creating my own version of rebalance mod for use on private LAN server. Not touched it for 2 years - but I did convert a very large number of startrek ships into freelancer (with custom glowing light maps). I remember doing a Nova of some sort. I'll take a look.

Suspect Lancer S will have a fit when he see's me post - I bet he thought I was dead or something ;-)

• OOooh not much. Poxy job is working me to death - hence very little time for modding of any sort. I ended up playing around quite alot with SH4 modding .... you'll never guess what my speciality was ? Converting surface ships to be playable in game - battelships mostly. Ring any bells ? ;)

Right - back on thread topic - NO I did not convert the Nova. I might be tempted to convert the one I downloaded from battleclinic quite some time ago.

Trouble is, I'd need to write a tutorial for myself on converting SFC ships into Freelancer. I just did first part, but am struggling to remember the rest. Here's my very hazy memory of what I used to do;

1) Open MS3d, Import model using the SF3 .MOD importer.

2) Invert / rotate the model.

3) Export the model as a .CMP

4) Open up all the textures in photoshop and save as .dds

5) Apply the .dds material files to the model (can't remember how to do this... I remember exporting .mat file but somehopw forgotten the sequence.

6) Open the .cmp with model resizer - which I can't find. And then scale the model to suit.

7) Use Hardcmp to add hardpoints.

8) Create a SUR file - I note there has been much progrerss in this area.

9) Do all thje scripting (I think I still remember how to do all that).

10) Go and let my Brain cool down !

• SH4?

Anyways...

1 - yep
    2 - yep
    3 - out of order, do this after step 5
    4 - yep
    5 - yep
    5 1/2 - export a cmp and mat at the same time
    6 - FL Model Tool and correct
    7 - yep
    8 - yep
    9 - yep, I use a ship scripter to avoid errors
    10 - is that why I saw smoke coming out of your ears?

• Hey LS - thanks - I am surprised I remembered that much of it ! Thanks for the confirmaiton. I still can't remember quite how to do step 5 - can you remind me ?

And yes - probably saw smoke of some sort. On a serious note, work got so bad for me that it caused a minor psychotic event - due to stress, my brain cut off from my memory (short & long term) - Quaks call it "transient global amnesia" ! Anyhow - over most of it now - sometimes kicks in when work is getting too much. When I'm doing stuff like this it's not a probl ...... hang on, who am I ? ;) I guess I kind of have a new excuse for not finishing mod stuff I stlarted :-)

I might start work on conversion sometime over Easter - if the original poster confirms they still want it.