Dock camping! (Screenshot enclosed)

• A whole lot of responses for a minor thing, each one saying the same thing, more or less. Except for angel´s well-written post, of course. Quote___________________________________________________________ Crunch....u make urself out to be the victim. give me a break man. ur story doesnt work here. did u forget all that slander thrown our way. and ur organization that wanted to take over fp9....and who could forget...the dock raping of the Voices as well... please. dont act like NPC are the only things u mess with. ________________________________________________________________ Except... what organization are you referring to? And of course, I deny all of it. Besides, how do you explain the screenshot, eh? -A Curious Crunchodile

• I´ve been an admin for online servers for a long time. The simple fix is this: if the admins will not do anything to prevent it (dock camping, cheating, mods, whathaveyou) then use your power and go to a different server. The only &quot;power&quot; admins will bow to is the power of the people. We run servers for all to enjoy and for (gasp) bragging rights as to who´s is most popular. But if the admin(s) of a server (ANY server) prefer to sit on their hands and do nothing to make the server an enjoyable place for all they don´t deserve squat! And this is coming from a vetern admin mind you. Yes I do run a FL server and no this is not a plug. Make up your own minds as to how you want to deal with nonecks that dock camp but know this. Becoming the bully is not the answer, getting the admins to do their JOBS is. Sir Castrin Grand Master of the Order <A href=´http://www.rebelknights.com´ Target=_Blank>Order of the Rebel Knights</a> Knight of the 1st Circle

• Castrin: &quot;Make up your own minds as to how you want to deal with nonecks that dock camp but know this. Becoming the bully is not the answer, getting the admins to do their JOBS is.&quot; If only we could. Question: Can admins see the username of an account on their hd?. I know they are in hex, but not sure if there is a tool for them to use or not. If not I can understand why they don´t monitor the accounts better. But if you can see the usernames in the accounts, why not just delete them or remove their money (again not sure what you can or can´t do). Dredd

• Ok first Im going to say something about the power of the people. Server Admins usualy SHOULD do all they can to please the over all population. They dont want to scare their players away or their server dies, and they fail in their goal. To run a fun online server that will please all. If a bunch of insecure (or maybe, just, bored stoned teenagers, really choose one if you want. Their the same thing) people have to spend all their time kiling lowbies while their docking, and its pissing off the major population, it should be dealt with, or the population will die, and thus the whole point of the server will be exhausted. Firstly, its not that people are too weak, or that people are Docking, its that people wont fight back. No matter how strong or rich these people are, they can still be killed, and they can still be abolished. It only takes time and willing people. You can 1... cry to admins that wont help, or 2, fight back and make them stop. Its a PVP server, so im ok with someone killing me or anyone else when I´m flying around in blank space trading or out killing on a mission, but I am not ok will someone killing me or anyone else when im docking or when Im trading with someone. It IS a PVP server, that means we have to put up with being killed every now and then, I am fine with dying to someone, but im not ok with them dock camping because its a weak way for a lazy bastard to scare newbies. Thats it, and on a PVP server it proves nothing besides their cowardess. Onto the Subject of these &quot;Clans.&quot; Personally, these large clans remind me more of the MOB. They run around scaring people with their large weapons, and do nothing but that. If they were useful, than I might not care if they ran around killing everyone, but since thats all they do, worthless crap, I could care less if they all got banned. And I mean look, we all know that NEO is the one who does this most, Im not going to try and name any other clans who do it.. because generally, not many do. NEO is big, NEO could be powerful, NEO could rule the server, but their not following the basic rule of leadership. Machiavelli said that to control someone make them fear you fear fear is more powerful than love. The only problem with this is, NEO is forcing too much &quot;Fear&quot; (no ones really scared of them) onto the people in Elite, and thats what you dont do. Machiavelli failed to udnerstand that TOO much fear will make the people revolt and simply blast their leader into oblivian. NEO Might be on top now, and they might stay on top, but eventually someone will do something and NEO will collapse. Thats if they continue being fear controllers. Maybe if they trtied being nice half the time people might like them and stick up for them, but now the only ones sticking up for them are themselves... and they need more than that if their going to stay around. I dont care what they do, but their breeding their own doom, and the only thing I´ll do is watch. Sure some of the members might be nice, but until they engage in that, the people will hate them for the fear.. and then nothing remains. So hell... Simple enough. People need to be nicer in general, or the server will just end up dead and barren, or the clans that would be able to control it and allow a good economy for plays, will all collapse. Aye, 2 Cents. http://www.mechg.com/signup.php?ref=193

• hmm Dock camping now im no lover of cheats or of people that exploit overlooked gameplay issues, which is basicaly what it is, but isnt this whinge getting a bit old, ive seen instances of this on rare occasions on elite and am a major enemy clanwise of those individuals accused of it the most, ie NEO, having said that! in a recent fight, were we got caught with our pants down dueling, i saw only one instance of it occurr in about aww 20 launches. my question is this, how long do you wait in war before you open fire, is there some way of knowing when the cutscene ends?. otherwise the whole damn topic is mute conjecture, based on machine and connection/lag capabilitys/problems. Either way you look at it, if you get torped on leaving a base in cutscene as i saw lastnight on the one occasion, you have em running scared. and Fear overcomes all enemys. Remember this game is not a starlancer dm it involves strategy and planning too, if you get staked out at a base its because you arent watching close enough, what your gameing enemys are doing. End of rant Weary. In fareness to the original poster as someone that just plays the npc,s, its not exactly &quot;on&quot; for someone to stake you out anyway, as you would be no threat to a player that is used to PK ing, so in your case it was prolly some shmuck, with grudge about his ability to play the game, just laugh or get a decent ship and hunt the bugger lol. Edited by - CrazedMoon on 12-06-2003 00:14:45

DMS (Dynasty Mods Syndicate)[img=http://starlancermods.homestead.com/files/skeleton.gif]

• except crunchodile doesn´t say the cheap tricks he does to everyone. Including offering money to them then attacking them in a trade window. What ever crap he is posting i swear this guy ENJOYS dieing. This is yet another game he is going to play....

• NEO person, whoever you are - your logic is rather feeble Why would I want to move to Elite if, as you so eloquently point out, it´s worse there? Perhaps I´m missing an important point? --A very puzzled Crunchodile

• Crunch you forgot to mention that YOU are also a mean-hearted, lousy, punk-ass, player-killing, panzy ASS!!! while dock-raping is TRULY gayer than a bag of dicks, if there ever was someone who deserved EVERYTHING he ever got, thats gotta be you. you make yourself out to be the victim but from what i know of you (you pked me w/out warning while i was typing) and from watching you, i cant believe your ´innocent guy´ story. you likely went in to theta talking all kinds of **** and probably killed or tried to kill some voices in some pathetic sneaky ass underhanded from behind torp in the back while typing kill. or something like that. yeah there are a lot of dicks on mp, and dock raping is gay. but if you keep talking trash then you are just ASKING for them to keep killing you. how bout shutting your mouth and ´asking´ them to let you get away and not kill you. HAVE YOU EVER TRIED THAT??? probably not knowing you. and yeah i know you ´evoked´ the sympathy of all here by playing on everyones disdain for punk ass car keying dock rapers, but that being said, they truly dont realize what a pinhead you really are and how you act in the game. then you post here trying to sound all &quot;sad&quot; and like a victim. bah. btw is &quot;devolve&quot; a word?? I´ll have to look that one up.... Hawk out

• All right, I admit it. I´m a mean-hearted, lousy, punk-ass, player-killing, panzy ASS!!! Except, when did I kill you, repeatedly or at all? --Crunchodile PS. Repeating the word ASS does not really add emphasis.

• All right, I admit it! I posted this message for only one reason - to show the beauty of the screenshot that I have. I kill random people randomly, just for the pleasure of being hunted. After all, if you can´t take pride in your kills... take pride in your deaths! Sorry for the minor deception! --Crunchodile (preparing to be banned from the forums)

• Haven´t played MP freelancer yet, but I´m a little surprised that dock camping can happen. I mean logically bases and planets have orbital arrays and guns. You open fire around em and bam, you´re toasted. This is the way that military land bases work. A lone gunmen opens fire around a military base, and the mps in the towers gun him down like that. This would at least make base areas safer, and deter dock campers. I´m not gonna open fire on some guy or chick in a dock if I know I&quot;m gonna be toasted the next minute. I might follow em out to free space and attack them there, but then they´re more aware of me. LIke I said, never played MP so I don´t know how it works, but it´s a thought.

Think outside the box huh? What box. he said as he stepped down off his one flight staircase, sat down on his square stool, and beat out a tune on the side of his rectangular six sided drum. "Yeah, that was me in the pitch black ship, oh sorry about your arm. Hope they can reattach that" - JA

• Holy **** Tasin and you even endorse dock camping? HAHAHA this would be something a MMOG would fix in the next patch to stop idiots like you from exploiting it... SO ****ING sad nothing you do or say now can surprise me you are the single most biggest ****ing cunt on this planet and you should be shot and thrown out an airlock....