Changing multiplayer difficulty

• hello all, I have just returned to freelancer after a rather long haiatus (see laptop having been stolen). I was looking at old stuff other day and came across freelancer nestled in the back of my disk drawer. then I got this great idea to run a freelancer server for my kids. couple of quik questions tho:
    1) how can i lower the difficulty of multiplayer a bit? i tried lowering the difficulty to .2 in perfop but that seems to have had no noticable effects.
    2) is there a mod around that adds things like buyable engines and what not without making every ship a super ship? i want to have stuff like that for them (and myself) but i dont want to have their char instantly go to god mode.
    If anyone could help me out with some suggestions here i would really appreciate it

• umm, actually... I'm not sure how to make it easier, but under DATA\MISSIONS\ there is a pilots_population.ini file... If I'm not mistaken, that is what needs to be changed... But it is rather large. I'd suggest looking up stuff that has "easiest" on them, and then looking up "[Pilot]" and inserting the corresponding names.

It looks like you can edit all of the NPC reaction details in there though, so it might get a bit confusing :?

Hope this helps :|