Ship mod question...

• Okay - easy enough Files for ships are contained in a file called the shiparch.ini each ship has a folder too, which holds other info, and also an entry in another file for it to be sold. Okay - when someone makes a ship, they take THEIR shiparch (essentially identical to yours) then just add all their ships to the bottom of it. They don´t overwrite any ships at all, they just add to the bottom, increasing the amounts of ships. They make new folders for the other info for the ship, and also use their goods.ini for the packages too.......so what FLMM does is; Change the name of your files that match the mods ones to something like shiparch.ini.flbak or something like that. - basically renames the file so they won´t clash. Then FlMM copies the mods files into your folder to replace those files changed. After that the mod works, when you deactivate, it removes the mod files again, and changes your files back to normal. You will only crash if your save game has a ship from the mod in it, an dthe mod aint running (also autosave too) I hope that sorts it out for you! Chips

• Thanks, very helpful! Although I have noticed there are some mods to do actually replace a ship in the game. A recent mod I installed, called the Eagle, replaced the patriot light fighter. So I must assume there are similar mods out there that also replace existing ships. If someone adds a new ship to the game, how do I see that that ship is available to buy in the game? Most places have an area with three ships. If a new ship is added and makes it so there are now four ships available, how does that fourth ship show up? Is it only visible in the menu, or will it show up as a graphic in the ship purchase area as well? Wap

• If you read some other posts you will find that only three ships are allowed to be sold at any given location. So if MOD adds some ships they may be at another location that sells ships. Even locations that only have one ship for sale may have more if the mod changes that location to sell three. The readme file that most modders (should) include with a mod will give ship information.