Mods crash ??? The Mod Manager and Using Mods help Topic

• ive just cant understand this. i have tried pracice downloading quite alot of MOD´s but they wont activate. Where do i download the MOD´s to? Can i ahve a step-by-step guide to downloading the jedi starfighter MOD please BP?

• Yea so i am a semi-n00b right so i have FLE and made 3 new systems, but when i load them up in single player (no story mod on) it just acts like it minamizes, but there is still sound. I also can not get my LAN server working, it keeps just laggen me out, i cant evan make a charicter!

• Ok, I´m a new member who has noted two others with the same problem as me. Namely, the game crashing at Level 3 when meeting Juni at Manhattan Bar, with Freelancer Massive Addon 1.1a (FMA) mod activated. First, I have the same problem. My current location is in Newark Station, but I crash whenever I try to take off, though accessing dealers on the station itself is fine. I have a possible hypothesis as to what is causing the problem: Note that FMA doesn´t like waypoints that cross or end up at Manhattan. Test this by plotting best path to the planet... you will immediately crash to desktop. See the link here? It seems that the reason why FL crashes at Level 3 is that Juni insists on using the darned planet Manhattan, and that FL automatically plots a path to her. My possible solution to the problem: You must buy enough commodities and land on Manhattan while at Level 2 WITHOUT plotting a waypoint there (ie. by pilot´s eye. But comeon! If you can´t identify Manhattan when in the New York System and fly there with your toenails while blindfolded, you don´t deserve your freelancer license.) Now, at Manhattan, you must sell the commodity so as to achieve Level 3 WITHOUT LEAVING MANHATTAN. Juni´s mission should trigger, and you SHOULD theoretically be able to meet her at the Bar without any crashes. Now that I´ve given a possible solution to the FMA Level 3 problem, I´m going to test it out and post my experiment results.

• My theory was correct... I successfully did the Level 3 mission and am now Level 4 without crashing. Thus: To avoid the Freelancer Massive AddOn 1.1 crash 1.) Buy enough commodities from a planet other than Manhattan... enough so that you level up to 3 when the goods are sold in Manhattan. 2.) Fly to Manhattan WITHOUT using waypoints. 3.) Sell the goods and level up. 4.) Go to the Manhattan bar and accept the mission Juni gives you WITHOUT LEAVING MANHATTAN. 5.) Carry on with the game. The crash might come back again in future missions that automatically give you a Manhattan waypoint. Will post a solution when I get there. Edited by - LeFire on 6/17/2005 10:20:09 PM

• Nope. Appears that the bad coding for Manhattan waypoints has rendered FMA 1.1a unusable for single-player. The Level 4 to 5 mission involves Juni contacting you to meet her on manhattan (after the "Lonnigan threatens you with gun" cutscene). It is impossible to get past the crash even if you do the commodity level-up on Manhattan trick. Same thing goes if you level up anyplace else. Unless or until FMA´s creator chooses to solve the Manhattan waypoint crash, FMA 1.1a, in my analysis, is incompatible with single-player missions.

• Hi, I have activated StarsWars crossover universe V 1.04 and also the Nomad Laser using FLMM 1.3 and now for somereason the speach in the game runs at crawling pace. Has any one else experienced this and is there a way of fixing it with out disabling the mods?

• Hello. I am new to modding and i was searching for a mod on this site and i found a mod: Death glider by tagunde. The problem is that it isnt in flmod. format but its a max. format file. If anyone knows how could i make it work please reply. Beni

• I have loaded the new version of the evolutions mod for freelancer (the server version), but there aren´t any ships in the universe!!! how can i build those neutral ships into the game again?... its boring to fly around without any ships i can shoot (my english is worse i know... but i´m trying my best) the german Freelancer Boindil

• I am having a small prob with the tie universe MOD. I can see my ship and some of the other ships but not all of them. Can any one help? Mother Nature says I have to grow old, No one says I have to grow up.

Mother Nature says I have to grow old, No one says I have to

grow up.