flrebalance activation problems with upgrade 2.01

• Yeah, they update stuff already existing in rebalance, go ahead activate them and click "yes" when FLMM asks you if you are sure. Don´t forget to go to the Freelancer folder and run the ModSettings.bat batch file. " In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! "

• I did that but it gave me 0 files changed... and went to the next setting. Everytime I make a choice other than q for uit it just says 0 files changed

• Hmm... that´s quite annoying (I´ve been asking for a proper readme.txt also). Anyway, the way to be certain is run ModSettings.bat <i>before </i> you activate the mod. You know when you download the flmod file and click on it, it´ll unpack itself and automatically start FLMM right? Well don´t activate it yet, quit FLMM, go to the Mods folder under the FLMM folder and then run ModSettings.bat from there. Then restart FLMM, activate the mod, activate the addons, then run Freelancer. P.S. I don´t understand why you should be getting a 0 files copied message, since ModSettings.bat removes the read-only protection that FLMM locks the files into. Btw I do all this by hand (in a dos box, cause I´m running win98se) so if you´re doing it by explorer point-n-click, there might be a mistake you´re making somewhere that I don´t know about. More details would be helpful. &quot; In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! &quot;

• Thank you very much for you quick replies and help. I am off to try what you suggested. If it doesn´t work I will post as complete a description of every step I took to get to the roadblock I am at now :-)

• Oh, I forgot one thing... the individual batch files <i>don´t </i> unlock the FLMM protection -- only ModSettings.bat does. So if you´re trying to change only one setting and running, say, CutScenes.bat (choose whether you want to see the SP campaign cutscenes or not), it won´t work. I mean, it´ll probably say &quot;successful&quot; but you´ll also see an &quot;Access denied&quot; message (and also probably &quot;0 files copied&quot; iirc). So if you <i>are </i> trying to run just one of the batch files, you´ll have to un-readonly the files which it affects, and then re-lock them when you´re done (just to be safe, and to keep FLMM happy). &quot; In Defeat, Malice; In Victory, Revenge! &quot;